COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
My son who'd had the first jab was having trouble getting the second what with being given a venue that he couldn't get to and cancellations! He was due to have it on Wednesday but on the Tuesday he took a test, after getting one of the symptoms, which has come back positive. :(

He'd been here on the Sunday night Monday morning but we had been keeping to our usual precautions. ie he keeps to the shed coming in only for the loo. We probably get closer than recommended when he comes to the kitchen door to collect his meals.

Meantime I've decided not to go out to the supermarket and will have to make do with what I've got in the house for a bit. I've not got any symptoms but I'm wondering if I ought to get a test anyway?

My sister and her family who I've not seen for 6 months were due to take me to a local attraction for the day but to be on the safe side we called it off, I spoke to them, masked, up at the door when they handed over my birthday present.

I hope you and yours will be fine @blessmycottonsocks.

Sollywos x

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My son who'd had the first jab was having trouble getting the second what with being given a venue that he couldn't get to and cancellations! He was due to have it on Wednesday but on the Tuesday he took a test, after getting one of the symptoms, which has come back positive. :(

He'd been here on the Sunday night Monday morning but we had been keeping to our usual precautions. ie he keeps to the shed coming in only for the loo. We probably get closer than recommended when he comes to the kitchen door to collect his meals.

Meantime I've decided not to go out to the supermarket and will have to make do with what I've got in the house for a bit. I've not got any symptoms but I'm wondering if I ought to get a test anyway?

My sister and her family who I've not seen for 6 months were due to take me to a local attraction for the day but to be on the safe side we called it off, I spoke to them, masked, up at the door when they handed over my birthday present.

Sollywos x
A speedy recovery to all and I hope your precautions come good for you

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Sollywos x
You didn't say it was your birthday.

belated-birthday-wishes-big-one-from-me-800x800.png

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
My daughter had a house guest for 3 days and he told her yesterday he tested positive for covid19, the day after he left her house, so she and my grandson are on quarantine for 2 weeks. My grandson loves school this year and now has to do online again. My daughter works from home so I will be bringing them groceries and leaving them on the porch.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
My daughter had a house guest for 3 days and he told her yesterday he tested positive for covid19, the day after he left her house, so she and my grandson are on quarantine for 2 weeks. My grandson loves school this year and now has to do online again. My daughter works from home so I will be bringing them groceries and leaving them on the porch.
Wishing them the best for a negative result.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
True enough although if you lived next door to her and her younger brother and the stomping around noises they make? .. still, they are nice kids though
I live underneath a herd of wildebeest* and when they come back clattering up the stairs as if a crocodile is after them after a day foraging in the plains** it cheers me up because it means my working day has nearly ended.

I hope that everyone who has recently tested positive or doesn't feel too chipper doesn't get too bad and that it is over and done and back to full health very soon.

*family of multiple children in the flat above
**school

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a case in our apartment block--apparently only one--but have been advised not to use the elevator with others until we're sure nobody else has it.

We're on a lowish floor; I feel sorry for others!

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The University of Iowa is trying to develop a coronavirus nasal spray vaccine with a weaken coronavirus.

They are looking for people for their studies.

The University’s hope is to develop an easy vaccination versus the shot.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
The University of Iowa is trying to develop a coronavirus nasal spray vaccine with a weaken coronavirus.

That will be useful for vaccinating children. I believe that's how kids get the flu jab. One would also hope that it would enable the vaccine to be delivered in areas where logistics is difficult.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
That will be useful for vaccinating children. I believe that's how kids get the flu jab. One would also hope that it would enable the vaccine to be delivered in areas where logistics is difficult.
If I were a conspiracy theory fan, which I not, I would say that the reason they are developing an aerosol vaccine would be vaccinate everyone including those who dont want it, by dispersing it in public places :p

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Heh, I don't think we're there yet technology wise. Imagine trying to do that somewhere famously windy... :D :D

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was talking to eldest's husband and he said that his kids, who had been booked in for the jab next month had been alerted by a friend that there were some vacant appointments and had them yesterday.
I knew the youngest was next month as well and when we finished speaking I rang her.
She was beaten to the last appointment at that place but looked a bit further and managed to get a spot late tomorrow only a few minutes from where she lives and she's working from home tomorrow.
She was going to ring a woman from work who wanted one for herself and kids.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Very much appreciate all the kind thoughts guys!

It's actually my daughter-in-law's birthday in a couple of days, but obviously there won't be a family get-together this week.
She's feeling "sniffly and feverish" but not seriously ill and our granddaughter (15 months), despite testing positive, is behaving just like any boisterous toddler and seems totally oblivious to Covid.
DIL is a teacher for special-needs children and appears to have caught the infection from a girl in her class, and then passed it on to her daughter. My son is still surprisingly Covid-negative but is struggling with not hugging his daughter (or his wife!).
DIL's father, who shares baby-sitting duties with us, has also just tested positive.
My wife and I picked up an antigen test kit from our local pharmacy and tested ourselves this afternoon.
Glad to say we are both negative.

We're all now making plans for a belated birthday picnic together in a couple of weeks' time.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
If I were a conspiracy theory fan, which I not, I would say that the reason they are developing an aerosol vaccine would be vaccinate everyone including those who dont want it, by dispersing it in public places :p
If I were a conspiracy theory fan, which I not, I would watch out for thick green gas pouring out a ventilation grill.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The Mrs's boss is a big Duran Duran fan and his brother's got him tickets for his birthday for a reunion (of the snake) gig in Birmingham in a few days time. What a pair of tossers. The last thing I'd do is go to a large gig in Birmingham at the moment?! ... then he'll come back and be sat in a tiny office he shares with the Mrs. Me and the Mrs were doing emergency shopping for the boss's parents last year as well ... I know life goes on and all but attending a large gig in a city at the moment?.. FFS ...

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
The Mrs's boss is a big Duran Duran fan and his brother's got him tickets for his birthday for a reunion (of the snake) gig in Birmingham in a few days time. What a pair of tossers. The last thing I'd do is go to a large gig in Birmingham at the moment?! ... then he'll come back and be sat in a tiny office he shares with the Mrs. Me and the Mrs were doing emergency shopping for the boss's parents last year as well ... I know life goes on and all but attending a large gig in a city at the moment?.. FFS ...
Get your Mrs to ask him to do a PCR test before he comes back to work

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Get your Mrs to ask him to do a PCR test before he comes back to work
Good idea. I'm not holding my breath that he would though. His Dad's a local legend (he's got a good published autobiography including a bit where his pram ended up in the sea and he had to be rescued) .. he's funny, kind, thoughtful, a bit of a rebel even though he's in his late 80's ... the female staff love him to bits .. the male staff all like him as well. Part of my job back then was to pick up heavier work duties so he couldn't do them because he refused to slow down but no one wanted to hurt his pride.

Last edited:

JahaRa

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score

How many people think spraying something up your nose is less bothersome than taking a shot. I know the cat distemper vaccine is nasal and there is a nasal flu shot for dogs, but I would rather take a jab than get something sprayed up my nose. I know I am weird, but I don't think I am that out of step with the world.