COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I hope you heard back about this, Swifty?

I'm a bit concerned about my 2nd shot of Pfizer. I'm hearing some reports of problems being caused if either 1st or 2nd shot (of either mRNA vaccine) is inadvertently injected into a vein instead of the muscle. Heart inflammation in mice has been reported in a recent study (which I can't find right now). Heart inflammation, fatigue, joint pain and menstrual issues in women have been reported in humans.

Neither of my shots were aspirated (plunger of syringe pulled back to check for blood) to ensure intramuscular injection, they just poked and pushed.

Directly after my second shot on July 11, I felt a coldness flow down my arm, and had a severe reaction 24 hrs after. (40 C fever, aches, chills, sore arm, so bad had trouble putting on my shirt, painfully swollen lymph in my armpit for days). After that, I felt fine. Maybe a bit tired.

Sept 6, feeling good. Camping (solo) for the long weekend. No problems. Sept 10, start having an ache in my knee. By Sept 12 I could hardly walk due to joint pain in my knee and hip. I didn't get a test at that time, because I didn't feel sick otherwise, and do have bad knees, so thought I just tweaked it somehow.

However, there is no swelling or pain to the touch like you would expect if I had tweaked it enough to be so long lasting and painfull. I am still dealing with almost constant discomfort in my leg. I am now also constantly fatigued. On days when I have energy and do stuff, I pay for the next three days with being so tired and sore I can't do anything. :( I am having some of the other symptoms too. The pain in my leg is less now, after some massages, but still lingers and can be easily triggered by even light activity, flaring up into agony.

I don't know what's going on. For all I know, I could've caught it on the long weekend (had brief, outdoor, distanced chats with a few people at the campground) and now have long covid. The symptoms are similar to the side effects. Being already double vaccinated well before that trip should make this less likely.

But it is concerning to read these reports on a very new vaccine, which, to be honest, I had reservations about taking because it hasn't been studied over the long term.

And of course, our health care system is on the brink of collapse here, so it's really hard to see my Dr. Finally got an appointment for next week. Whatever it is, I hope my Dr. will take it seriously and look into it.
And I really hope it isn't permanent, because I feel like crap!!
You don't want to know the number of things that can go wrong with any event of a needle going into a body part. Very frequent is hitting a nerve, which is what you felt going down to your wrist. Usually it fades away but occasionally it creates permanent damage. Glad you're seeing the doctor.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
You don't want to know the number of things that can go wrong with any event of a needle going into a body part. Very frequent is hitting a nerve, which is what you felt going down to your wrist. Usually it fades away but occasionally it creates permanent damage. Glad you're seeing the doctor.
I didn't feel either of the jabs and had no side effects other than possibly this feet situation a week or two later. Fingers crossed that's just a coincidence because they don't feel as weird as they did at first.

Someone the Mrs works with has reported in to work that he's tested positive for covid, me and the Mrs had to go shopping anyway so we picked him up a few bits and pieces because we know he hasn't got any money at the moment .... then the Mrs found out that he's told one of the work cleaners that he hasn't really got covid, he just wanted a holiday but he sent her that as a message so she's (the cleaner) taken a screen grab and sent that to work. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes at the moment. :chuckle: ... all the staff have had to take a lateral flow test each morning because of him before turning up to work.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
My sis and hubby are now back from their jaunt to France.
She now tests negative, whereas he now tests positive! No checks at the airport.
They'll both be fine in a couple of days.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We are allowed into shops other than food ones now we have reached a certain number of the vaccinated.
On Sunday we had a look at a couple and when I was paying at the $2 shop I just used please and thankyou as usual when the little Muslim girl who was serving said : You are just so lovely". I wondered if some of her customers had been rude as some people seem to have forgotten how to treat people since lockdown.

Swifty

Reaction score
We are allowed into shops other than food ones now we have reached a certain number of the vaccinated.
On Sunday we had a look at a couple and when I was paying at the $2 shop I just used please and thankyou as usual when the little Muslim girl who was serving said : You are just so lovely". I wondered if some of her customers had been rude as some people seem to have forgotten how to treat people since lockdown.
The customers seem to be getting ruder at the Mrs's place of work since lockdown was lifted, she's a seasoned member of staff and they're even shocking her, the business owners have started barring people which rarely happens at her place in normal times. I've said it before but the law needs to change to include restaurants and cafes now also displaying zero tolerance in regards to abuse towards staff signs. The verbal aggression she's had to put up with lately is shocking.

Swifty

Reaction score
Got a letter this morning with my appointment for my booster jab. Only problem is that the appointment was yesterday!
I got a letter from the NHS yesterday just to tell me that they're going to send me a letter to tell me when they're going to see me .. then I remembered that this ball started rolling with the NHS phoning me to tell me they were going to send me a letter? ..

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
I got a letter from the NHS yesterday just to tell me that they're going to send me a letter to tell me when they're going to see me .. then I remembered that this ball started rolling with the NHS phoning me to tell me they were going to send me a letter? ..
I've tried calling them to get another appointment but can't get through. I had a call from my cousin yesterday and he got a letter telling him of his appointment - 30 miles from where he lives which means four bus trips. He managed to call them and was told "it's not too far if you have a car." He told them that he can't drive at the moment due to health problems and the same problems make several long bus journeys next to impossible. He was told they'd get back to him.

Swifty

Reaction score
I live about 10 doors away from Cromer hospital so I asked if they wouldn't mind sending me there what with them having all the correct equipment they'll need but that would make sense so Norfolk & Norwich are working out when I need to go there instead.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
This might be so they can put off seeing you for as long as possible.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
He was told they'd get back to him.

*Glances at calendar*

'In the new year', no doubt.

It sounds sort of specific—the optimist imagining a call in the first week or so of January—but in reality, you're not getting a sniff of contact until March, when they'll write to apologise that a staff changeover meant your case was overlooked, but you can be assured that you'll hear from them again 'in the coming weeks'—which means mid-May.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Fracas on Witham Station at a little after 5.00 am this morning. A well dressed commuter, non-mask wearing, took great exception to another commuter, also non-mask wearing, when he had a bit of a coughing episode. The coughing man made no attempt to cover his mouth which obviously caused the other fellow great concern. The episode died off after some raised voices when the word MASK was bandied around but it never descended into actual violence.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
Britain is the first in the world to approve the covid pill.

This medicine will cut your chances of hospital and dying by 50%.

do you have a link?

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It was a passing comment on the NBC business news TV channel.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This new covid pill was used for Venazalian Equine Encephalitis in the past ?

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The care home my 87-year-old dementia-suffering mum went into two months ago has had a Covid case among the staff. The home managed to avoid any cases in 2020 but they had an outbreak over the summer.

Luckliy for the UK Covid is done and dusted. Well, apart from the 214 who died today, of course, and for their families and friends.

Erinaceus

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
It's been nearly 24 hours since I had the booster. I haven't noticed anything unusual.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After 20 months the U.S. has reopened international travel requiring vaccination certification and a negative covid test.

American TV showed many British leaving Heathrow Airport to come to the U.S. to reunite with family members.