COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
My 10-y-o granddaughter tested positive on Monday, after coming home from school, saying she felt tired and shivery.

Thankfully, to say the least, her symptoms seem extremely mild. Although at first her breathing wasn't quite as normal (no worse, than if a heavy cold), it's fine today.

She is apparently also a bit brighter (I can't visit of course) and eating, although sleeping a fair amount of the time.

As her classmates have tested negative, the most likely source of infection, currently being investigated by NHS Borders (Scotland), is from a sleepover at a friend's house last Friday.

Her friend's mother works as a nurse...

...in a care home..

You think the chances are so remote and improbable...

BlackPeter

Ancient Badger
Reaction score
Just got my (Pfizer) booster this lunchtime - problem round here seems to be lots of local centres that have run out of vaccine because too many people are queuing up to get it!

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
After a period of not having to use my mask, I have finally washed it again. I'm expecting mask mandates on public transport and in stores again. We had more than 2000 cases of corona reported yesterday. A new record for Norway.

They will only give boosters to people above 65 y.o., so it's best to only leave home for necessary shopping.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The Guardian reports that even though cats have turned up with covid, the first UK dog has been found with covid.

UK’s chief veterinary officer, Dr. Christine Middlemiss, says the dog got covid from the owners.

So, if you have covid be careful around your pets.

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have tested positive. They're not in wonderful health to begin with, but thank God they're both vaccinated. My wife said if they weren't they'd be dead by now, and I agree. Her mom's in the hospital where they're keeping an eye on her irregular heartbeat, but I don't think the covid as such is causing her too much discomfort.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have tested positive. They're not in wonderful health to begin with, but thank God they're both vaccinated. My wife said if they weren't they'd be dead by now, and I agree. Her mom's in the hospital where they're keeping an eye on her irregular heartbeat, but I don't think the covid as such is causing her too much discomfort.
I hope they both get better very soon.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
When Tesco ran an ad this past Saturday, it showed the Santa Clause holding up a Covid Passport.

This ad seemed to make a lot of people upset.

Understandable.

People need a metal break from this.

I spent most of my third tranche of Covid stimulus cash on a Chinese meal for my family.

Only afterwards did the irony of this strike me.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Ms P's daughter (both jabs) and granddaughter have developed covid and have been really poorly. What has been equally disturbing is the number of relatives and friends who have developed very serious illnesses unrelated to covid during this period.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Ms P's daughter (both jabs) and granddaughter have developed covid and have been really poorly. What has been equally disturbing is the number of relatives and friends who have developed very serious illnesses unrelated to covid during this period.

All the best, @PeteS

Dark times all round and I hope that you and yours come through them.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Today, I got back in to work after a long weekend away from the office.
One of the directors and his kids got covid over the weekend, so he was working from home.
3 other members of staff said their kids had covid too!
Best to stay away from your kids, I reckon!

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
@PeteS, as Pandacracker says, take care of yourself. Take some time away (spending time in a good soak with a good book is my go to) doing something that you really enjoy, take a deep breath and forget for the moment. No guilt, just give yourself sometime to unwind so that you have the energy to help your family.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Make sure you find time to take care of yourself.

It it will help there's a flagon or three of your favourite tipple waiting for you in The Trolls Head.

I've put them on Swiftys tab :wink2:
@PeteS, as Pandacracker says, take care of yourself. Take some time away (spending time in a good soak with a good book is my go to) doing something that you really enjoy, take a deep breath and forget for the moment. No guilt, just give yourself sometime to unwind so that you have the energy to help your family.
Thanks both of you. Having a day out in York tomorrow to try and regenerate a bit. November - pah I could do without it.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Just had some good news about a friend back in my home town. He had been made redundant whilst on furlough last year and he has finally found a new job. The govt keep saying there's loads of vacancies but it very much depends on where you are and how old you are, my friend really struggled because he was over 50 and it's one of the more deprived areas in England. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed for him that he likes it.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I had my booster on Saturday. I was given the Pfizer vaccine and apart from a sore egg sized lump on the injection site I was fine. On Monday I had my Adalimumab shot for Crohn’s disease.
Monday evening I started to get a chest flutter and what felt like a pulled muscle high up on the chest which stayed with me until this morning when I started to get breathless. I phoned the GP surgery after about an hour of feeling shite and one of the Doc’s called me back this afternoon. A couple of paracetamol seemed to stabilise things but he wants to book me in for an ECG.
I’m unsure if these symptoms are a result of the Pfizer jab or the mix of the Pfizer and Adalimumab, or whether they are connected at all to any of the drugs, but a couple of bottles of Peroni whilst cooking the shin of beef in Guinness this evening seems to have rekindled the symptoms albeit a little less severe than what I experienced this morning.
I’m also very very tired so an early night tonight will hopefully cure it ready for the 05.00 train tomorrow morning.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I had my booster on Saturday. I was given the Pfizer vaccine and apart from a sore egg sized lump on the injection site I was fine. On Monday I had my Adalimumab shot for Crohn’s disease.
Monday evening I started to get a chest flutter and what felt like a pulled muscle high up on the chest which stayed with me until this morning when I started to get breathless. I phoned the GP surgery after about an hour of feeling shite and one of the Doc’s called me back this afternoon. A couple of paracetamol seemed to stabilise things but he wants to book me in for an ECG.
I’m unsure if these symptoms are a result of the Pfizer jab or the mix of the Pfizer and Adalimumab, or whether they are connected at all to any of the drugs, but a couple of bottles of Peroni whilst cooking the shin of beef in Guinness this evening seems to have rekindled the symptoms albeit a little less severe than what I experienced this morning.
I’m also very very tired so an early night tonight will hopefully cure it ready for the 05.00 train tomorrow morning.
Hope everything goes well for you and that you are soon in ship shape.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score

Take care, rest up, maybe a day off?

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Boris Johnson has warned that the NHS is still over stretched with covid problems.

Boris is hoping things will improve in the future.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Boris Johnson has warned that the NHS is still over stretched with covid problems.

Boris is hoping things will improve in the future.
Boris could do with making the wearing of masks mandatory on public transport and, this time around, suitably enforce it. Another knob on the train this morning, coughing and spluttering, not wearing a mask and pretending to be asleep.
It is 3 - 3 this morning in my small carriage, 3 wearing them and 3 not.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've been ill since last Friday, my wife started coughing yesterday; our lateral flow tests came up positive and we have PCR tests on the way but I don't doubt the test results. My symptoms are very suggestive of the Delta variant.

I haven't slept properly since last Friday, I haven't eaten a proper meal since last Saturday and still have a runny nose, aching limbs and a slight headache (I never get headaches); my wife has a cough that developed yesterday.

I'd hate to think how I'd feel if I hadn't been double-vaccinated, as I feel bloody dreadful after two jabs. I've always said that a chest infection would be one of the most likely ways that I would go, so thank God for medical science.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I've been ill since last Friday, my wife started coughing yesterday; our lateral flow tests came up positive and we have PCR tests on the way but I don't doubt the test results. My symptoms are very suggestive of the Delta variant.

I haven't slept properly since last Friday, I haven't eaten a proper meal since last Saturday and still have a runny nose, aching limbs and a slight headache (I never get headaches); my wife has a cough that developed yesterday.

I'd hate to think how I'd feel if I hadn't been double-vaccinated, as I feel bloody dreadful after two jabs. I've always said that a chest infection would be one of the most likely ways that I would go, so thank God for medical science.

Do take care! Hope you're better soon.