COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I've been ill since last Friday, my wife started coughing yesterday; our lateral flow tests came up positive and we have PCR tests on the way but I don't doubt the test results. My symptoms are very suggestive of the Delta variant.

I haven't slept properly since last Friday, I haven't eaten a proper meal since last Saturday and still have a runny nose, aching limbs and a slight headache (I never get headaches); my wife has a cough that developed yesterday.

I'd hate to think how I'd feel if I hadn't been double-vaccinated, as I feel bloody dreadful after two jabs. I've always said that a chest infection would be one of the most likely ways that I would go, so thank God for medical science.
Have you got someone doing shopping for you?.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've been ill since last Friday, my wife started coughing yesterday; our lateral flow tests came up positive and we have PCR tests on the way but I don't doubt the test results. My symptoms are very suggestive of the Delta variant.

I haven't slept properly since last Friday, I haven't eaten a proper meal since last Saturday and still have a runny nose, aching limbs and a slight headache (I never get headaches); my wife has a cough that developed yesterday.

I'd hate to think how I'd feel if I hadn't been double-vaccinated, as I feel bloody dreadful after two jabs. I've always said that a chest infection would be one of the most likely ways that I would go, so thank God for medical science.
Best wishes to the two of you. Fingers crossed that the vaccines you have had prevent the worst of the disease.

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have tested positive. They're not in wonderful health to begin with, but thank God they're both vaccinated.
Both are feeling better. Mom's out of the hospital, but weak and in an "I'm an old lady and will die soon" mood. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be back to normal soon.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
We've both noticed how dehydrated we've been. I took a 750ml bottle of water when I went to bed last night and finished it.

For the first few days my mouth and lips seemed dry in spite of drinking all the time.
Here's to a swift and complete recovery. Take care of yourselves.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Mrs Cycleboy and I received our PCR results today - to nobody's great surprise we both tested positive.

I still have lingering cold- and flu-like symptoms; my wife still has a cough. It has not been a barrel of laughs.
Hopefully you are past the worst. Here's to a healthy holiday season for you and yours.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hope everyone and their loved ones are getting better. :)

Had my booster on Saturday and was warned I'd feel rough for 24 hours, beginning in 48 hours. Spot-on.
Not complaining as it meant the booster was working. :wink2:

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Mom-in-law is feeling much more upbeat while recovering. TBH she was so down she was having some problems speaking, finding the right words and such, to the point we were worried she had suffered a mild stroke.

The wife and I got our boosters this week. We'll be spending Thanksgiving with just each other, which has its pros and cons. :)

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
T’other half had his booster on Weds and he has just shambled off to bed early today feeling poorly. I have booked mine for Dec 23rd so my Christmas might be a bit low-key. Can’t be arsed to change it though.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Hope everyone and their loved ones are getting better. :)

Had my booster on Saturday and was warned I'd feel rough for 24 hours, beginning in 48 hours. Spot-on.
Not complaining as it meant the booster was working. :wink2:
Husband had it on Monday and Tuesday morning was sent home from work - it works a lot faster than 48 hrs in some people, I guess! He slept all day and when awake was either too hot or too cold. He went 24 hours without eating a thing. I've known him since 1980 and even on days when he's had virulent sickness bugs, he's started stuffing his face again, first chance he got. Me and kiddo were very worried but the next morning, woke up right as rain, as if nothing ever happened. I had it Thursday and just felt tired/arm achy yesterday, not too bad. We both had Moderna but AZ the first time round - I had mild, really fleeting side effects with that. This mRNA seems to hit harder.

blessmycottonsocks

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Just back from having our booster jabs.
All remarkably efficient - seen on time to the minute, quick questionnaire, the jab, 15 minutes in the waiting room, then drove home.
Slightly surprised that it was the Moderna vaccine, when both of our earlier vaccinations were Az.
The medic explained that Moderna is the preferred one for boosters now, as most Az stocks have now been shipped to Third World countries and the Pfizer vaccine has a far longer list of contra-indications and side-effects.
Waiting for the headache to kick in now.

Bad Bungle

Tutti but not Frutti.
Reaction score
Just had my booster at Aylesbury Stadium - very well organised, especially the parking. Both previous vacs had been AZ like Cottonsocks but I was given the Pfizer booster. Hope effects aren't going to be as bad as the first jab, as I'm intending a six hour battle against the wind tomorrow on 135 acres of stubble metal detecting.

Impybat

this space for rent
Reaction score
Hope those that have been ill are recovering quickly. We had the boosters (Moderna) on Tuesday as well as the flu shot. It was a double whammy the next day but I'm grateful to have the vaccines.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Glad to see the government are reintroducing compulsory mask wearing on public transport. It has been a big bugbear of mine that they “advise” people to wear a mask but most don’t and the percentage that do are dwindling.

What are the rules and guidance for face masks and coverings? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

Boris Johnson has said people will have to wear face coverings in shops and on public transport in England. The rules are being tightened up as part of the government's "precautionary measures" against the Omicron variant of coronavirus.

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
yes I am glad they are taking these fairly small and (easy to follow* if you're not a complete baby) precautions whilst we wait to find out more about Omicron. To be honest they could do with making this permanent until the virus mutates into a milder form but i accept I am quite a risk averse person in general.

*medical exemptions er... exempted that is

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Omicron did not take anytime to show up in most of Europe and Australia.

European President Ursula von der Leyden wants a health G-7 meeting.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
South Africa doctors calls Omicron as no more than a cold, but extremely contiguous.

WHO warns it is to early to make a claim like that.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
South Africa doctors calls Omicron as no more than a cold, but extremely contiguous.

WHO warns it is to early to make a claim like that.

WHO: always ahead of the game.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Dr. Ashish Jha from Brown University public health says that the speed in which Omicron spreads is concerning.

It is replacing the Delta in South Africa very fast.

Ascalon

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
My 6yo daughter has been out of school since Thursday last week. She has a snotty nose and a we cough as a result. No temperature, no other COVID-19 symptoms, but to be allowed back to school, she had to have a negative PCR test.
This will be her third such test. Now she is worrying herself sick over the prospect of nasopharyngeal swab.
It's just a shitty thing to have to go through just because she has a common winter sniffle.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My 6yo daughter has been out of school since Thursday last week. She has a snotty nose and a we cough as a result. No temperature, no other COVID-19 symptoms, but to be allowed back to school, she had to have a negative PCR test.
This will be her third such test. Now she is worrying herself sick over the prospect of nasopharyngeal swab.
It's just a shitty thing to have to go through just because she has a common winter sniffle.
That said, my Covid symptoms were exactly that of a cold - runny nose, sneezing, aches and tiredness. No loss of smell or taste and a raised temperature only briefly. My wife had a cough. We both tested positive on lateral flow and PCR tests. I believe that my symptoms are common with the Delta variant, even if the NHS's website doesn't reflect that.

Though even as an adult I found the tests incredibly unpleasant. Swabbing the nose is no issue but swabbing the tonsils is severely unpleasant.

BlackPeter

Ancient Badger
Reaction score
my Covid symptoms were exactly that of a cold - runny nose, sneezing, aches and tiredness. No loss of smell or taste
Mine were exactly the same although as you say NHS 'official list' of symptoms makes no mention of this - definitely was though according to tests!