COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I had the opposite shots. Original shots were Moderna and had no side effects to speak of. Got a Pfizer booster on Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon was so tired I went and lay down. Slept for 26 hours straight, only getting up for the loo and premade food which i ate in bed. Slept another 12 last night and just had a two hour nap and still out of it.

Better than getting Covid though. I'm hopeful that my strong reaction means my body gave a robust immune response.
Interestingly the side effects many of us are having with the booster - esp the tiredness - are essentially the same as the major symptoms of Long Covid. Just struck me reading this I've had that for nearly 2 years lol.

My husband slept and didn't eat for a day after his booster. I was really tired but not so knocked out as he was as that kind of state is my everyday now. Worth having the booster to know you might avoid a lifetime feeling how you felt after the booster...

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After I got pinged before Christmas I got the test kit on Boxing day. Did the test and sent it off Monday. Got my result back yesterday and it came back negative.
I entered my positive LFT result into the NHS Covid app on the 27th December. Since then my wife’s phone and my work phone have sat together day and night yet neither the wife’s phone or my work phone have pinged. How does that work. Seems to me the app is complete rubbish.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I entered my positive LFT result into the NHS Covid app on the 27th December. Since then my wife’s phone and my work phone have sat together day and night yet neither the wife’s phone or my work phone have pinged. How does that work. Seems to me the app is complete rubbish.
On the plus side, each time you get covid? .. your dick grows one inch longer FACT

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
On the plus side, each time you get covid? .. your dick grows one inch longer FACT .. it's on facebook ..

Rushfan62

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I've developed a sore throat and bearing in mind my daughter and grandkids have got the virus, I'm getting a bit worried (I've kept my distance, but we've had to do all her shopping etc as they're isolating. Shop doesn't stock Jameson's so I've got a bottle of Famous Grouse! So, cheers everyone, hope the new year brings health, wealth and happiness and things get better all round. Happy new year!

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
Interestingly the side effects many of us are having with the booster - esp the tiredness - are essentially the same as the major symptoms of Long Covid. Just struck me reading this I've had that for nearly 2 years lol.

My husband slept and didn't eat for a day after his booster. I was really tired but not so knocked out as he was as that kind of state is my everyday now. Worth having the booster to know you might avoid a lifetime feeling how you felt after the booster...
Yep 10 days after getting the booster, I'm totally washed out still. Wish I'd at least postponed the booster so that I could have seen friends and family over the holidays, but not the end of the world.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I got the result of my PCR test back confirming what we suspected from the LFT’s and that I was positive for Covid.
The wife’s PCR result was inconclusive and as a contact of mine she had to fill in their online questionnaire which confirmed she doesn’t have to self-isolate whilst she is reporting daily negative LFT’s.
I can come out of isolation if I return consecutive negative LFT’s on day six (02.01.22) and day 7 (03.01.22).
I did another LFT this morning which was strongly positive, so I don’t harbour hope of much change in the next couple of days.

Lobeydosser

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Spent last two days with "flu" symptoms after the booster (Moderna) - so similar to what I had after the first vax (AZ) - did have (and still have a bit) a very sore arm , something I don't normally get ?
Didn't stay up to see in the New year - just hit bed at 11pm. seem somehwat better today - so Happy New Year to all.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Everyone who says that side effects to either the first two vaccines or the booster means that your immune system is working well.... what does this mean for those of us who had NO side effects to any of the vaccines? Either our immune systems are so superior that we fight off the side effects with no...err...side effects, or our immune systems are so pathetic that none of the jabbing is having any effect?

Have worked public-facing through all lockdowns, outbreaks etc with nary a symptom of anything. I feel I'm missing out!

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Everyone who says that side effects to either the first two vaccines or the booster means that your immune system is working well.... what does this mean for those of us who had NO side effects to any of the vaccines? Either our immune systems are so superior that we fight off the side effects with no...err...side effects, or our immune systems are so pathetic that none of the jabbing is having any effect?

Have worked public-facing through all lockdowns, outbreaks etc with nary a symptom of anything. I feel I'm missing out!
I work with multiple people all of the time. Fingers crossed, I don't usually catch things going around. I have a personal theory that when you are constantly exposed to different people, your immune system is constantly fighting off diseases.

This past October, once kids were back in school and the common cold went around, I caught it from coworkers who have kids. A pretty good cold too. I believe it was because the isolation and schools being closed for the beginning of the year did not allow for me to be exposed to the regular diseases and my immunity was lowered.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score

Yep - I've wondered that too. In your place I'd be very grateful that there were no effects. Totally wrecked me.

Lobeydosser

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
First vaccination I had the person administering (who I think was actually a Doc or otherwise medically qualified - he was also overseeing others and filling injections while I was there) said if I had previoulsly had Covid (which I think I had) then I would be likely to see a reaction (and I did). The bodies immune system see's something it recognises and goes steaming in ?
If you aren't see-ing a reaction it might be that you haven't been exposed to the "real" thing already perhaps ?

staticgirl

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I think there are a lot of people making educated guesses but there just isn't the scientific data there to say for certain. They're all good theories but hard to test, I imagine.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
First vaccination I had the person administering (who I think was actually a Doc or otherwise medically qualified - he was also overseeing others and filling injections while I was there) said if I had previoulsly had Covid (which I think I had) then I would be likely to see a reaction (and I did). The bodies immune system see's something it recognises and goes steaming in ?
If you aren't see-ing a reaction it might be that you haven't been exposed to the "real" thing already perhaps ?
That's just it, I have. I've served many customers who've come down with Covid a day or so later, the shop has been full of Londoners over most of summer 2020 when they all piled up here to their holiday homes. I know one particular customer who came in to apologise if he'd given us Covid; he'd come in and told us he felt unwell, gone home and promptly collapsed and been in hospital suffering from Covid for two weeks. I helped my son move house and both he and his ex housemate came down with Covid a few days later. So I've definitely been exposed to it.

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
That's just it, I have. I've served many customers who've come down with Covid a day or so later, the shop has been full of Londoners over most of summer 2020 when they all piled up here to their holiday homes. I know one particular customer who came in to apologise if he'd given us Covid; he'd come in and told us he felt unwell, gone home and promptly collapsed and been in hospital suffering from Covid for two weeks. I helped my son move house and both he and his ex housemate came down with Covid a few days later. So I've definitely been exposed to it.
I guess you could have had it but had no symptoms. Possibly more than once.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
One of out elderly friends rang last night, could I take them for a 4th jab,
it seems the docs rang her and even though she had only had the 3rd jab
about 4 weeks back they are giving her a 4th.

:omr:

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
I guess you could have had it but had no symptoms. Possibly more than once.
That was suggested to me, but I pointed out that, if I HAD had it, and worked through without knowing, then I would have given it to my workmates, at least ONE of whom would have had symptoms. None of us has had it. Well, one guy whose mum caught it in the care home she works at, tested positive and her entire family had to isolate, right back at the beginning of the outbreak. None of us has caught it at work - I can't believe that all thirty odd of us workforce could have been asymptomatic.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
One of out elderly friends rang last night, could I take them for a 4th jab,
it seems the docs rang her and even though she had only had the 3rd jab
about 4 weeks back they are giving her a 4th.

:omr:
I'm calling that 'mission creep' - i.e. the original intention was not enough, so the whole thing has expanded beyond the original scope of the mission. There will be a 5th, a 6th, a 7th, and so on ad infinitum.

eziofan

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Here is one to ponder over. On 16th December the number of new daily COVID cases in the UK was reported as 88,376. Dr Susan Hopkins, the chief medical adviser for the UK Health Security Agency, said "the UK was experiencing two Covid epidemics, with cases of Delta largely flat and Omicron doubling every two days. She said the R number – the number of people an infected person typically passes the virus on to – for Omicron was estimated at between three and five." I found this announcement a bit surprising and a quick calculation showed that if this was correct the whole country would be infected in 3 weeks!

New Years Eve was 15 days from that announcement and the latest figures give the new infection cases as 189,846. Now I am aware that the booster programme has had some effect on the spread but surely the original prediction was wildly inaccurate, bordering on scare mongering. I have not seen any retraction or correction of the original statement and it has been bothering me!

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Here is one to ponder over. On 16th December the number of new daily COVID cases in the UK was reported as 88,376. Dr Susan Hopkins, the chief medical adviser for the UK Health Security Agency, said "the UK was experiencing two Covid epidemics, with cases of Delta largely flat and Omicron doubling every two days. She said the R number – the number of people an infected person typically passes the virus on to – for Omicron was estimated at between three and five." I found this announcement a bit surprising and a quick calculation showed that if this was correct the whole country would be infected in 3 weeks!

New Years Eve was 15 days from that announcement and the latest figures give the new infection cases as 189,846. Now I am aware that the booster programme has had some effect on the spread but surely the original prediction was wildly inaccurate, bordering on scare mongering. I have not seen any retraction or correction of the original statement and it has been bothering me!
At the time the number was doubling daily. Thankfully since then it is not. It's the job of these folks to pass on actual information, which we need to consider. I would much rather hear plain information than have someone decide they wouldn't tell me because "I might not understand it." The one thing we all want right now is certainty. There is none.

Victory

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Also take into account that some people modified their behaviour since that statement.

Many more people than previously have been avoiding public places, and testing for Covid more frequently.

Lobeydosser

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
I'm calling that 'mission creep' - i.e. the original intention was not enough, so the whole thing has expanded beyond the original scope of the mission. There will be a 5th, a 6th, a 7th, and so on ad infinitum.
I'm going to need to see some very hard evidence before I take a 4th - unless it's something like a year from now. I'm no Vaccine denier, but I want a bit more in the way of compelling info before I fire some more "new" medicines into my system.
Was rather glad they didn't have any Flu vaccine to offer me as I was prepared to have an argument if they had wanted to administer it alongside the Moderna.
I mean why not give me a Tetanus while I'm there and anything else thats lying around ..... grumble

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
A friend who I haven't seen for months, who was coming over here this afternoon, phoned to tell me that he couldn't make it.
The reason was his daughter, who seems to have caught covid (unconfirmed). She's a non-vaxxer, even though he has tried to persuade her.
He's been in contact with her, so he felt it necessary to tell me.
Hopefully, it's just nothing and we can meet up on Saturday.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I had the flue with the 3rd jab, felt a little off for about 6 hours then ok.
Just heard that my nice who had covid very early on as well as her hubby
and have since had jabs but I don't know how many have both got it again,
and are now isolating again.
:omr: :dunno:

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
I will not be surprised if we will be offered a fourth shot in a few months. I hope that one will be aimed specifically at Omicron.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
This omicron variant is a b***h. It is the main variant in Canada. Ontario just announced today that non emergency surgeries postponed, in class education has now been delayed for 3(?) weeks, indoor dining is cancelled, gyms cancelled, only 5 people to gather indoors etc. Can't remember all of the details. I think that he's put a 3 week date on these, but we've been here before.

We are getting 13,000-19,000 cases daily. And omicron was only identified in Canada near the beginning of December. We haven't had anywhere near these numbers before. Here's the catch - Ford (premier) also has limited who can now get PCR testing (lab tested and reported) to high risk areas such as long term care home, congregated care homes and the healthcare staff. This is because they can't accommodate the numbers of people requesting testing.

Anyone else can isolate at home if they have symptoms. Rapid tests are not readily available to the public and those who take one and are positive are just to isolate, no reporting done. We have been notified at work that, when the Ontario gov't makes the rapid tests available to us (congregate care homes), we will have to test twice weekly. Obviously, these numbers won't have to be reported. So, once again, Ontario (at least) will not have any accurate figures on how many people have contracted covid. The gov't is only going to go by hospital admissions and outbreaks (I think) to actually track any of this.

I can't see this going well. How can you determine what your next move is if you don't have accurate figures? Though I am guessing that come the spring, numbers may fall again as the warmer weather will allow people to have access to better ventilation. And I am guessing that the gov't is hoping for this as well.

Added: people, who are able, are to work from home again. I see this as another lockdown, without calling it a lockdown. If you can't go anywhere because everything is closed...

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
Commiserations and hope for a speeding recovery to all those who have 'got it'.

A Korean court has put a hold on the controversial government mandate that orders private educational establishments (me) to start checking the inoculation status of students at the end of this month; this is good news and I hope the stay holds come a full hearing.

Elsewhere, the current wave seems (touch a forest of wood) to be abating gradually; daily cases have been declining steadily for about three weeks now.

I'm mentally a bit frazzled; perhaps a new direction...

FIM5iNgWYAogFh5.jpeg.jpg