COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Stay Home has been replaced with Stay Alert and the roads this week are getting very, very busy, at least where I am, and I get the impression that people are moving away from social distancing – seeing the change of message as a 'do as you please' charter. With very good weather forecast this weekend I suspect tourist attractions will be heaving, with groups getting together in large numbers. If any of those have Covid I don't think it bodes well for a possible increase in infections. We'll see, but I'm very concerned and wish I was in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. (I've tried to keep this non-political and hope I've succeeded.)

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
Stay Home has been replaced with Stay Alert and the roads this week are getting very, very busy, at least where I am, and I get the impression that people are moving away from social distancing – seeing the change of message as a 'do as you please' charter. With very good weather forecast this weekend I suspect tourist attractions will be heaving, with groups getting together in large numbers. If any of those have Covid I don't think it bodes well for a possible increase in infections. We'll see, but I'm very concerned and wish I was in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. (I've tried to keep this non-political and hope I've succeeded.)
It is not at all like that here, still very quiet, very few cars, small numbers of people going to the shop.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
It is not at all like that here, still very quiet, very few cars, small numbers of people going to the shop.
The immediate area I live in is like that – nice walk to the local mini Tesco (well stocked, well managed and with good hygiene and social distancing*) but go a little further afield and the roads are busy; the Bristol ring road looked as busy as a normal day yesterday. Most of my cycling today was back and forth along a 2km suburban road with very little traffic. Boring, yes, but safe. And I'll take that.

*Other supermarkets are available!

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Had a laugh this morning. Went into the bakers and the two women serving and wearing face masks, managed to start a conversation with each other instead of with me. :rollingw:The little pause when everyone realised what what happening was priceless. Made my day!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The immediate area I live in is like that – nice walk to the local mini Tesco (well stocked, well managed and with good hygiene and social distancing*) but go a little further afield and the roads are busy; the Bristol ring road looked as busy as a normal day yesterday. Most of my cycling today was back and forth along a 2km suburban road with very little traffic. Boring, yes, but safe. And I'll take that.

*Other supermarkets are available!
I was so tired yesterday after work, I saw the Mrs bending over to take the chicken out of the freezer .. and I couldn't resist so I full on went for it mate. So now I'm banned from all TESCO supermarkets ..

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I would have thought that being in Morecambe would have diluted its effect. With very little at all four corners, but apparently we are in the crux of the highest concentration of infected people in the UK.

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Went out for my weekly get out of the house trip as usual today. Decided to drive my mom to the pet shop to get my dragons locusts and actually go inside as she's told me they'd got a baby dragon in. Well my little un likes to go and see the rabbits for some reason, so she came with us on her fluffy unicorn hot water bottle. After visiting the bunnies we went to see the baby dragon and there was a woman and her kid there umming and ahhing whether it was the 'right' pet for them. The baby is about 5 inches long and really cute, I'd have had no problem having it if I hadn't already got one. So there I was with a fluffy unicorn palanquin and a fully grown bearded dragon on it and then this woman turns round, spies my little princess and lets out this little scream. Then she asked what IT was, I wasn't too chuffed at my little princess being called an IT and just replied that she was that cute little baby in 2 years time. She dragged her kid out of the shop so fast I thought maybe the place was on fire. In the first instance I felt slightly guilty that I'd possibly cost the baby dragon a home, then just thought it'd have been dumped somewhere in a few weeks time once they realised that baby animals get big. Once I'd thought about this for a few hours I got to wondering, how many people in lockdown have bought pets for them to be suddenly abandoned when things get back to normal?

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
Went out for my weekly get out of the house trip as usual today. Decided to drive my mom to the pet shop to get my dragons locusts and actually go inside as she's told me they'd got a baby dragon in. Well my little un likes to go and see the rabbits for some reason, so she came with us on her fluffy unicorn hot water bottle. After visiting the bunnies we went to see the baby dragon and there was a woman and her kid there umming and ahhing whether it was the 'right' pet for them. The baby is about 5 inches long and really cute, I'd have had no problem having it if I hadn't already got one. So there I was with a fluffy unicorn palanquin and a fully grown bearded dragon on it and then this woman turns round, spies my little princess and lets out this little scream. Then she asked what IT was, I wasn't too chuffed at my little princess being called an IT and just replied that she was that cute little baby in 2 years time. She dragged her kid out of the shop so fast I thought maybe the place was on fire. In the first instance I felt slightly guilty that I'd possibly cost the baby dragon a home, then just thought it'd have been dumped somewhere in a few weeks time once they realised that baby animals get big. Once I'd thought about this for a few hours I got to wondering, how many people in lockdown have bought pets for them to be suddenly abandoned when things get back to normal?
It's like someone spiked me with acid reading that. I've no idea whats going on.

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
What a sweety! Does she respond to her name? What's not to love? When much younger I had 2 small US desert lizrds in a vivarium and used to go to my local reptile store to get crickets. The shop was small with gorgeous pythons draped all over, he had one who actially subsided when resting into what looked like a large crock of butter, and I remember a story the owner told about one of his clients out on Long Island on the beach who had a significantly large and very friendly iguana and a large picture window on a dune right on top of the sand. One night a burglar broke in and the iguana jumped off the bed to welcome the guy back. The burglar apparently swung his flashlight around, saw the iguana, and went right through the window where they found him a few hours later on the beach with broken bones. Great animals.

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
Reaction score
I was so tired yesterday after work, I saw the Mrs bending over to take the chicken out of the freezer .. and I couldn't resist so I full on went for it mate. So now I'm banned from all TESCO supermarkets ..
So you rogered the Mrs in Tesco? How common, you should have done that in Waitrose.

heisenbear

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
How am I? Coping each day at a time. I was furloughed from March 17th until April 27th in which time I came close to suicide at one point. On the plus side, I got my bike fixed so I could go for rides. I've been playing lots of music on my various instruments and on Thursday nights I play my pipes for the neighbourhood. But now I'm back in my mind-numbing job as a key worker(quarry driver) I'm not getting as much piping practice done as I would like to do and I spend most of my day alone(which can be a bonus I suppose).
Here's what I've been getting up to on Thursday nights-

Swifty

Reaction score
How am I? Coping each day at a time. I was furloughed from March 17th until April 27th in which time I came close to suicide at one point. On the plus side, I got my bike fixed so I could go for rides. I've been playing lots of music on my various instruments and on Thursday nights I play my pipes for the neighbourhood. But now I'm back in my mind-numbing job as a key worker(quarry driver) I'm not getting as much piping practice done as I would like to do and I spend most of my day alone(which can be a bonus I suppose).
Excellent. Sending that vid to my Sister :badge:

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Thats a grand lizard, Mr Mischief.

I am fine but my Father...is not himself; out of physical and mental condition.

(He had been busy doing DIY which I suspect is the problem)

(I mean, his DIY and not someone elses DIY...)

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
What a sweety! Does she respond to her name?
Yeah she knows her name, she also responds if you say locusts, beans and drinkies. If she wants a bath she's been known to take herself off upstairs and expect me to run one for her. The 2 dogs love her bath time for some reason and Meg has got a habit of dropping tennis balls in for her to play with. She's never shown her beard either, then again when you've got someone to cater for your every whim there's no reason to get vexed.

Ahhh I get it now! So you take her out and about?
She goes with me sometimes when it's warm enough outside, she loves going out in the car.

What's her name? ..
Princess Mischief is her full moniker, Missy for short and I'm her minion apparently.

Lb8535

Reaction score
Come pipe in my neighborhood any time.

Lb8535

Reaction score
Yeah she knows her name, she also responds if you say locusts, beans and drinkies. If she wants a bath she's been known to take herself off upstairs and expect me to run one for her. The 2 dogs love her bath time for some reason and Meg has got a habit of dropping tennis balls in for her to play with. She's never shown her beard either, then again when you've got someone to cater for your every whim there's no reason to get vexed.

She goes with me sometimes when it's warm enough outside, she loves going out in the car.

Princess Mischief is her full moniker, Missy for short and I'm her minion apparently.
She looks like an iguana. What is she?

Swifty

Reaction score
Just went into our local shop, spotted the spot on poster saying "We don't tolerate physical or verbal abuse to our customers" said "Does this mean I can't beat you up anymore?" .. she smiled (we've known each other for a long time) .. obvious joke .. then the store owner said, in a serious voice, "You can but I'd take you round the back for a kicking" .. *tumbleweed* .. I go in every day and we all always banter? .. so I said "Really, because normally you enjoy a kicking .. you usually pay for it." ..

Customer service is traditionally crap in that place anyway .. strange times as well, I wonder if his next girlfriend has just dumped him or something?.. either way, I hope he doesn't rock at me with the testosterone again. I've got a hard on at the moment for going back in for a punch up but the adult inside me is telling me to go to bed instead ready for work tomorrow morning instead. He f*****g knows I'm also a retail 'key worker'? .. :mad:

edit: to be fair, he had his back turned to us both the whole time so he might not have realised it was me and thought I was a tourist or something ..

Last edited: