COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I feel low today.

It would have been my 53rd wedding anninversary if I hadn't divorced him, and if he hadn't died five years ago!

I live on my own, so I've spoken to no-one except to say "Thanks" , briefly, in our local Co-op. (And yes, of course I've spoken to the cats!)

I'm drinking Pimms and lemonade so shouldn't be risking posting at all, probably.:(
Churchill more than enjoyed a drink and look at what he accomplished .. keep going X

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel low today.
It would have been my 53rd wedding anninversary if I hadn't divorced him, and if he hadn't died five years ago! ...
It will do little good to dwell on it ...

Consider this ... Had you not divorced, that wouldn't have guaranteed you'd have evaded today's blues. You'd probably be in the same sort of scene glumly musing on having been a widow these last 5 years.

Recycled1

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Oh yes! It's a long , painful story and I have no intention of telling it here.
(Quick! Shut me up! Gag me! The Pimms is /are working on my tongue.:D)

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
I feel low today.

It would have been my 53rd wedding anninversary if I hadn't divorced him, and if he hadn't died five years ago!

I live on my own, so I've spoken to no-one except to say "Thanks" , briefly, in our local Co-op. (And yes, of course I've spoken to the cats!)

I'm drinking Pimms and lemonade so shouldn't be risking posting at all, probably.:(
37 years since my wife and I became an item - nearly 11 years since she died. It doesn't heal.

Swifty

Reaction score
Oh yes! It's a long , painful story and I have no intention of telling it here.
(Quick! Shut me up! Gag me! The Pimms is /are working on my tongue.:D)
Quick! .. pour another one! :badge: ( and the boring glass of water before you go to bed) ... vent .. swear if you have to!!

Kryptonite

Vague Apparition
Reaction score
I've switched to using hand sanitizer with aloe vera, Boots own make, very reasonably priced and much kinder on the skin than the stuff my work have been supplying us. I had horrible cuts on my hands from using the work stuff, but now all healed up after a few days of using the Boots stuff.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
I feel low today.

You're right to post, talk to people here. Cat's are always good for a chat but don't give them Pimms.

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
Staying connected to people is difficult right now, but it is important. I live with my 3 cats. Thankfully, though we’ve had worrisome times, I have continued to go to work throughout. I don’t know that I would do as well if I was totally isolated.

I have a friend who also lives on her own and for a little while it has not been to totally stay in. We (in Ontario)continue to distance, mostly travel short distances for essential errands, hand wash, and wear masks if needed. She and I have been visiting in a parking lot once in a while. She brings her tea and I bring my coffee. We park in our cars, one vehicle space apart, and chat.

Things are starting to open up, here, more - fingers crossed that all continues to improve.

Swifty

Reaction score
I told the Mrs a couple of months ago, even though everyone was officially allowed to go for one walk a day, because of the curtain twitcher police informer types?, we should start leaving the house through our back alleyway .. so most of the time that's what we've done. I'd had my 'key worker' ID card which means I've been allowed out more often but I haven't abused that privilege .. much ..

.. so one day, I was walking home from work down our back alley and next door's little kids were playing in it ..

.. then the little girl excitedly shouted "GRANDAD!!" and started running towards me .. :)

"I'M NOT GRANDAD .. I'M THE MAN WHO LIVES NEXT DOOR!! IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU THOUGH" .. which slowed her in her tracks. Their Mum sent them both back into their back garden while I chatted safe distance style with Mum ..

As everyone here knows, little kids are excitable and we don't want to frighten them with words like 'pandemic' and 'coronavirus' and 'death' etc but out she inevitably bounded again ...

.. so I said "STOP .. thank you and good listening **** .. now you know the rules at the moment? .. that's because some people are poorly so we have to stay away from them so they get better and they're happy OK? ... she nodded " .. please go and play with your little brother" ...

I know it's been a tough year for everyone but now I look like some little areshole's Grandad as well ..

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I know it's been a tough year for everyone but now I look like some little areshole's Grandad as well ..
Whereas thanks to C19 and my terrible hair, I'm starting to look like some grandads arsehole.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
My daughter says still not many on the trains, but a few more in the station carpark when I collect her at night.
Loads more on the roads though, more than before lockdown. She said that maybe they are driving rather than taking public transport.
Noticed on Sunday mainly Asian people loading their trolleys with toilet paper again. Thought maybe they were worried about a second wave after the demonstrations last Saturday.
Today one man has the virus after attending the Melbourne one so we will probably lose privileges again if there are any more in the next couple of weeks.

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Whereas thanks to C19 and my terrible hair, I'm starting to look like some grandads arsehole.
I'm having my hair cut at home on Monday. My sisters friend who is a hairdresser is sorting my moms hair out and then mine. If a bunch of arseholes can run around scot free, rioting and being terminally offended then I see no reason why I can't have a decent haircut.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
I'm having my hair cut at home on Monday. My sisters friend who is a hairdresser is sorting my moms hair out and then mine. If a bunch of arseholes can run around scot free, rioting and being terminally offended then I see no reason why I can't have a decent haircut.
Will it be like the one in your avatar?

brownmane

off kilter
Reaction score
I'm having my hair cut at home on Monday. My sisters friend who is a hairdresser is sorting my moms hair out and then mine.
Nice. Here they've just allowed hairdressers to open up today. I think that with the number of people waiting, I may have to wait another 3 months. People say that my hair isn't growing longer, it's growing out (side of my head). I can't tie it back because it's not long enough, though it's not quite like Albert Einstein's do. I was lucky enough to be within a week of making a hair appointment when everything was shut down. My last haircut was sometime in February. And I have to wear a face mask all day at work, so, I just give up. :chain: that's what the hairdresser will need to fix my hair. lol

GingerTabby

Carbon-based life form
Reaction score
I phoned on Friday to book a hair appointment and was able to get one for June 25th. I've been pulling my hair back in a pony tail for the past few months. Customers are required to wear a mask, not surprisingly. I was also told to arrive with my hair freshly washed because the stylist wouldn't be washing it.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Yes, when is lockdown going to end?

Ive read in Scotland its the midle of next month.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As of yesterday, I've now been furloughed until the end of July (originally the end of May, then the end of June). My boss called me to explain the reasoning, and there was something that amused me: some of the people who are still working, and who I felt haven't been pulling their weight for years, are now having to, er, pull their weight. I also spoke at length about my desire to go part-time on my return, if at all possible. I'd like to go to a three-day week and it could be at the company's convenience – it makes little difference to me whether I work Monday-Wednesday, alternate days or in week-long blocks etc.

I also reckon that people are now taking much, much less notice of the 2-metre rule, if my visit to our local Tesco is anything to go by. I was waiting in the first aisle for it to clear when the next two customers walked straight past me; if the 2-metre rule is replaced by a 1-metre rule, that will effectively mean no social distancing whatsoever. Hey ho.

Swifty

Reaction score
As of yesterday, I've now been furloughed until the end of July (originally the end of May, then the end of June). My boss called me to explain the reasoning, and there was something that amused me: some of the people who are still working, and who I felt haven't been pulling their weight for years, are now having to, er, pull their weight. I also spoke at length about my desire to go part-time on my return, if at all possible. I'd like to go to a three-day week and it could be at the company's convenience – it makes little difference to me whether I work Monday-Wednesday, alternate days or in week-long blocks etc.

I also reckon that people are now taking much, much less notice of the 2-metre rule, if my visit to our local Tesco is anything to go by. I was waiting in the first aisle for it to clear when the next two customers walked straight past me; if the 2-metre rule is replaced by a 1-metre rule, that will effectively mean no social distancing whatsoever. Hey ho.
Welcome to 3 months ago .. arseholes were proudly and defiantly ignoring us back then as well .. and giving us dagger looks if we dared to put food on the shelves in front of them ..

Last edited:

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
So it seems i will be returning to work on july the 1st.

Id only been there a few months before lockdown so i think i may have forgotton how do do everything.

On the one hand im glad to go back and on the other im thinking, urgh, working.

But it is a job. I need a job. And i am confident it will be safe, corona wise.