COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Idiots don't tend to be early risers so going first thing in the morning will be fine. I have been doing my shopping first thing and it has been fine. I am really sorry about your newsagent.

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
You will be fine but its a bit scary going out anew at first.

But exciting! Think of the adventures you can have in everyday life.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
There aren't many laughs to be had because of Covid at the moment .. but we've found one. The Mrs spotted this sticker someone had clearly robbed and stuck in front of a lamppost in Cromer .. I've stuck it on our living room floor instead so we both have to stop and wait before we walk in to our living room .. and give each other firm instructions guidance .. we're doing one way system rules ...

asticker001.jpg

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Had my 50th birthday party on Friday and lockdown or not, I wouldn't have done anything different to be honest. My sister, niece and great niece came to visit for a couple of hours, great niece was playing with the dogs and my dragon in the garden. Then in part 2 a couple of my moms friends came round along with @caspergriswoldbacon and my mom and stepdad. Decent takeaway and beers and some red wine later on was pretty much the perfect day. Even if I wasn't shielding I doubt I'd have opted for a restaurant, got so used to self isolating every winter anyway that this lockdown doesn't affect me as much as other people.
1593302558899.jpg

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Had my 50th birthday party on Friday and lockdown or not, I wouldn't have done anything different to be honest. My sister, niece and great niece came to visit for a couple of hours, great niece was playing with the dogs and my dragon in the garden. Then in part 2 a couple of my moms friends came round along with @caspergriswoldbacon and my mom and stepdad. Decent takeaway and beers and some red wine later on was pretty much the perfect day. Even if I wasn't shielding I doubt I'd have opted for a restaurant, got so used to self isolating every winter anyway that this lockdown doesn't affect me as much as other people.
View attachment 27619
Happy half-century!

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
View attachment 27619
Happy birthday! May you see another 50 years!

Swifty

Reaction score
View attachment 27619
Happy Birthday old man .. and I like your dress .. :)

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
View attachment 27619
You did mention that she liked children. Nice. Happy birthday.

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
You did mention that she liked children.
It took a while after they arrived for my meds to kick in but as soon as I went outside with the little Missy she was off up the steps to the decking to get to the grubby little child, she actually runs up and down the fence when she hears the neighbours kids in the garden, and they've both had pics taken with her. Proper little poser she is. You wouldn't think a lizard is affectionate but they are, and very intelligent as well.

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
It took a while after they arrived for my meds to kick in but as soon as I went outside with the little Missy she was off up the steps to the decking to get to the grubby little child, she actually runs up and down the fence when she hears the neighbours kids in the garden, and they've both had pics taken with her. Proper little poser she is. You wouldn't think a lizard is affectionate but they are, and very intelligent as well.
Now there's a fortean question. Why js a bearded dragon attracted to human children?

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Now there's a fortean question. Why js a bearded dragon attracted to human children?
That's something I've often wondered myself. The 2 border collies who are mental in the extreme love the dragon and she isn't bothered by them at all but they all love kids. I just think any animal who comes in contact with me is gonna be an oddball, so liking kids isn't that weird. I'm not a fan of small people, nothing against them at all, just not really my cup of coffee. For some reason they like me, even daring to talk to me before my caffeine has kicked in and no normal person with experience would even consider approaching me.

Ladyloafer

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I was back to work today. First time in 3 months! Jeez i'm knackered!

Theres been a graduated return so others have been in a while, and so naturally much of my stuff has been borrowed away.

My good scissors. 2 usb's i need. My tape, my special cloths, and there was a sticky sweet stuck to my chair! :oops:

I would say it was great to see everyone, but after an hour no one had anything to talk about :D

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Had to bite the bullet and order a new car today, no matter how I justify it I still need one even if I don't use it much. Anyway I head to the dealer and follow all the social distancing guidelines, have a quick peek inside the one I want and sit down with the salesman to do the paperwork. A few minutes later 2 people who I can only describe as Biffa Bacon's (from Viz) parents come into the showroom, no regard for anyone else at all, sat in the car they we looking at, touching everything in sight and being totally obnoxious to all and sundry. This was my first foray into the world since the start of April and possibly the last for a while from what I've seen today. And as for the 'loss' of sales, the guy I was dealing with said he's done 3 months worth of sales in 4 days.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Had to bite the bullet and order a new car today, no matter how I justify it I still need one even if I don't use it much. Anyway I head to the dealer and follow all the social distancing guidelines, have a quick peek inside the one I want and sit down with the salesman to do the paperwork. A few minutes later 2 people who I can only describe as Biffa Bacon's (from Viz) parents come into the showroom, no regard for anyone else at all, sat in the car they we looking at, touching everything in sight and being totally obnoxious to all and sundry. This was my first foray into the world since the start of April and possibly the last for a while from what I've seen today. And as for the 'loss' of sales, the guy I was dealing with said he's done 3 months worth of sales in 4 days.
Don't worry, they'll valet it if you ask them nicely.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
With things going quiet and the family's health closely monitored (we have several at risk members around the place), we allowed my stepson to visit for a few days. While he's lining up going for a Masters degree, he's working - with reluctance - in the [name redacted] pub chain. He's just been given his 'call up' so he wanted a bit of an emotional break before re-start.
After he arrived back home, he discovered that a good friend of his - in regular but not close personal contact - has tested positive for Covid-19. He's in the NHS frontline ... in Leicester!
Cue the requests for tests and major stress levels returning ...

Mr Mischief

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Don't worry, they'll valet it if you ask them nicely.
I'll be waiting 3 months or so for mine, brand new car. They were sat in a showroom model so if they're infected they've just passed it on to anyone who sits in that car. If they'd sat in the model I'm having I'd have cancelled the order purely for the reason of guilt by association.

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
Was talking to the Greengrocer this morning and she said that the grocer in the next town had had visitors from China via Gatwick. We can't even go more than 5 miles away (though that has changed now) It's crazy. They are actually quite worried because they will be having holidaymakers from all over the place coming in at pretty much the same time as the distancing rules are being relaxed. It doesn't make a lot of sense really.

Swifty

Reaction score
Was talking to the Greengrocer this morning and she said that the grocer in the next town had had visitors from China via Gatwick. We can't even go more than 5 miles away (though that has changed now) It's crazy. They are actually quite worried because they will be having holidaymakers from all over the place coming in at pretty much the same time as the distancing rules are being relaxed. It doesn't make a lot of sense really.
My old mate from school days has just posed the question "Who's going to the pub tonight?" .. I replied with "Nope" .. he replied with "Good. Me neither" ..

Either a facebook mod is pro pubs re opening tonight or they don't like swearing .. although I did then post a none sweary version that was also instantly removed. The sweary version :

"YAAAY .. let's ignore all the risk the NHS and keyworkers have put themselves in over the last few months to keep infection down and f**k it all up because .. you know .. it's the PUB!!" .... wankers.

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
My old mate from school days has just posed the question "Who's going to the pub tonight?" .. I replied with "Nope" .. he replied with "Good. Me neither" ..
I can't help having a bit of sympathy for this. If they don't go, the pubs and restaurants will go out of business. We'll all still be alive but then what? I feel that staying local is the most important thing. If people are travelling all over the place and spreading it everywhere then there is no chance of getting it under control. Local lockdowns should be doable though if it spreads round your pub but you are not then going off to pubs miles away and spreading it there too.

Swifty

Reaction score
asocial.jpg

It's the bar staff forced to go back to work now that I feel sorry for .. especially the glass collectors although they're usually teenagers and usually still living with Mum and Dad so they might have a choice ..

Last edited: