COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Churches are open they're just not allowed to sing and crowd the place
They're not yet where I live but the pubs open tonight .. probably this lunchtime? ..

Today is ironically, although almost exclusively only celebrated in the States, the 4th of July .. this scene from JAWS describes today in England perfectly tbh .. because the dickhead mayor was only worried about losing the 4th of July income and tourist trade .. we need Quint, Brody and Hooper! .. it'll all be fine! .. go back into the pubs! ..

(there's a few political mash up spoofs that I obviously won't be linking to here)

On the plus side, a newly formed UK government organisation is operating to ensure re opening of businesses dealing with the public are 'good to go' .. they visit and decide very much like an environmental health department would visit a restaurant if you pass or fail official guidelines .. then, again, like the EHO they give you a sticker to display in your window.

I hope the virus likes snazzy logos ..

agoodtogo001.jpg

https://www.visitbritain.org/business-advice/were-good-go-industry-standard

Last edited:

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
Churches have mostly been 'open' online. My Mum's church does a stream from their website.
Yes this is interesting. Several of us in my very small congregation have been pushing for on-line gatherings for years with no success. Now that there is no option, several of the tech folks pushed through a full on-line program and we're regularly attracting more people than could fit in our (small) physical facilities, including to 6 am services, which used to attract maybe two people. This is definitely the way of the 21st century. Now we just need to figure out how to get all these people to help pay for it all, including the buildings that are not being used. Another issue to deal with.