COVID-19: How Are You? (Your Personal Notes; Queries; Reports)

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
All of your responses are greatly appreciated. I thank you one and all.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Michael, my name is Michael. I trained myself not to respond to the name, Mike because that's what most guys are nick named. No apology necessary, Yithian, if that is your real name. :D, it happens to me a lot.

View attachment 28485
You are 'Miss Michael Learned' and I claim my 5 pounds. :)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Mine is getting worse as I age. I went to a revolving restaurant once in my 20's and it moved so slowly that it didn't bother me. I went there again in my 50's and had to leave.
Have you ever been in those revolving tea cups at funfairs? .. I hate that ride ..

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Have you ever been in those revolving tea cups at funfairs? .. I hate that ride ..
You know, as a kid it was awful. I lived in Toronto and my brothers and I would want to go to the Exhibition that would come to the city in the summer for 17 days. It had all those rides and we loved them. The thing was getting there. It took 2 buses and 3 streetcars and by the time we got there I thought I was going to die. I never understood why my brothers were so patient with me because it meant getting off quit frequently so I could find a corner to puke in. They were never that considerate of me when we were at home, or school, or with groups of friends. lol Then when we got there it took about an hour for me to feel better. After that I could ride any attraction in the park. I think it was because the rides are never longer than 2 minutes at a time.

Lb8535

Very charming snow person
Reaction score
You know, as a kid it was awful. I lived in Toronto and my brothers and I would want to go to the Exhibition that would come to the city in the summer for 17 days. It had all those rides and we loved them. The thing was getting there. It took 2 buses and 3 streetcars and by the time we got there I thought I was going to die. I never understood why my brothers were so patient with me because it meant getting off quit frequently so I could find a corner to puke in. They were never that considerate of me when we were at home, or school, or with groups of friends. lol Then when we got there it took about an hour for me to feel better. After that I could ride any attraction in the park. I think it was because the rides are never longer than 2 minutes at a time.
Yes I used to sit in the back of the car and hang my head out like a golden retriever and pray that the trip would end. People who don't get carsick don't understand.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
michael59 a local member would be the parliamentarian who represents your state.
Here in their mailouts they always say to contact them with any problems.
Also the same goes for the council representative.

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Yes I used to sit in the back of the car and hang my head out like a golden retriever and pray that the trip would end. People who don't get carsick don't understand.
People around me get scared and are asking, "are you okay?" I didn't understand how they knew until one time I saw myself in the side mirror. I have no idea where it goes but when it happens, I look like I have bled out. My skin is so white that I look dead. lol

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I used to get carsick too as a child if I sat in the back but since getting glasses I've had no problems.

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
michael59 a local member would be the parliamentarian who represents your state.
Here in their mailouts they always say to contact them with any problems.
Also the same goes for the council representative.
Oh okay, thank you Iris. I have used my MP once before about 20 years ago. I made the appointment, went in to discuss the issue I was having, and by the time I got home there was a message on my answering machine telling me that the issue had been resolved in my favor. Now THAT"S performance. lol

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Okay so, I didn't mention this before because how much whinging can I expect you all to handle at one time right?

I was unable to shop yet because...

Unfortunately for me, I had a string of 13 heart attacks in 2014 which left my heart permanently damaged. I told the doctor that I can't seem to handle the heat. He said, "And you never will again."

We're in the middle of a heatwave here. On Wednesday, I decided I couldn't put it off any longer and started setting up the air conditioning to fit the balcony door. No one will cut me the proper sized pieces of wood with the oddly shaped holes that need to be cut into them for the dual hoses to vent. NO ONE, trust me I called everywhere in Edmonton. They will cut the correct size wood but not the holes needed inside the wood to vent the dual hoses of my air conditioners.

So, I have had to makeshift something for myself using the existing pieces of wood the guy offered me when I purchased the machines at the garage sale. The bedroom window was easy to makeshift with some thick cardboard and a outdoor sized garbage bag and each year all I have to do is lift it in and out of the window frame.

The balcony is a different story. It requires a lot of cardboard, garbage bags and tons duct tape because it doesn't fit properly in the door after all that tape I use to attach the thick cardboard to the existing piece of wood. It leaves large spaces and all kinds of critters like mosquitoes, fly's, wasps, bees, hornets, spiders of all shapes sizes and colors, free entry inside. Did O mention moths? At the end of the season, I have to rip down all the duct tape which in turn rips the garbage bag so, I have to start from scratch every season.

It also requires me at five feet two inches tall, to climb on to a chair and with the additional help of a long handled shoehorn, and 2 old phone books on the seat of the chair, to reach the top of the 15 foot high balcony door frame. I fell off the chair 3 times. I could hardly move yesterday and I am moving pretty slowly today. Lots of cuts, bumps, bruises and really sore muscles. Not to leave out mentioning twisting my back, hips and an ankle. Hey it took 2 hours but, I got air conditioning.

No, I do not own a ladder and have no way of getting one that large in my car. Plus at the moment I don't have a car.

I don't want to put off shopping because it is the end of the month and that means payday for everybody which means it will be swamped in store on Saturday. Not necessarily inside store swamped but definitely standing in a long line of people outside in a heat wave waiting to enter and shop. I don't even have a slice of bread or a pickle left in the kitchen, definitely out of fruit, vegs. for weeks already. Ran out of everything else yesterday.

I have every intention of going but, if I run out of energy after grooming myself there is always pizza delivery tonight and 7 Eleven tomorrow.

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
I have every intention of going but, if I run out of energy after grooming myself there is always pizza delivery tonight and 7 Eleven tomorrow.
There is this volunteer group in Edmonton who might be able to help? Sorry it's on F*ceb**k. They probably couldn't help straight away but if you can get this first shop yourself, they might then be able to help you out until you get your car back.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/209788323463176/

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Phone a friend? A family member?
As soon as you get your car back, go out and buy a ladder.
I must not be sharing as much about myself as I think I do. Sorry, that's my fault because I spend probably 8-10 hours a day on the computer. I have been spending 8-10 hours a day for 12 years. That's a lot of people and I can't keep track of each post.

I'm on my own, Mythopoeika. IRL :)

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
There is this volunteer group in Edmonton who might be able to help? Sorry it's on F*ceb**k. They probably couldn't help straight away but if you can get this first shop yourself, they might then be able to help you out until you get your car back.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/209788323463176/
Sorry it took so long to respond, Min Bannister. I had my finger pressing on the shift key whilst I was trying in vain to read a number and the next thing I new I had changed my entire keyboard. I had to shut everything down and restart my system. :rolleyes:

Very kind of you and I do appreciate it but, I don't do social media. If you look up thread a bit, post #2363. Ramonmercado found me some amazing information to check out. I will be doing so come Monday morning.

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Please don't worry about me. I am a survivor. It's just that sometimes it seems that everything is going wrong for me and I get down on myself. I don't have anyone that I can talk to so I end up spewing it all on line just to get it off my chest, if you know what I mean?

Thank you everyone, who has responded to this whinge. I'm sorry I put you all through it and I am embarrassed as well as completely humbled by all this kindness.

I really want a cigarette. I won't, I promise. but I really want one.

Victory

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
@michael59

Perhaps when your car is fixed, the garage can drive it back to you?
You can then drive the garage mechanic back to the garage, and drive yourself home again?

michael59

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
@michael59

Perhaps when your car is fixed, the garage can drive it back to you?
You can then drive the garage mechanic back to the garage, and drive yourself home again?
I am hoping that he will go for that. He is a very nice man but, he has a family and may not want risk it. Although, I suppose he could sit in the back while I drive him to the shop. lol

Victory

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I am hoping that he will go for that. He is a very nice man but, he has a family and may not want risk it. Although, I suppose he could sit in the back while I drive him to the shop. lol
Disinfect the car with surgical spirit (rubbing alcohol).
Mask and gloves on.
Windows/sunroof open.
Sit in back.

Should be safe.

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Missing having family call in and just connecting by phone
Whenever I ring my daughter her toddler seems to know it's me and calls out before stealing the phone on the pretence of giving his mother a cuddle and then running away. She usually puts on facetime for awhile so he can see me and his auntie.
Lately if she rings me she has been hiding so she can have a talk but he always finds her.
He's really missing seeing his mother and Father's parents and going shopping and every time they get into the car asks if he's going to Nanna's house.
When she's on the phone for work he calls out " Hello Santa" as she's told him Santa will bring him a lego set he wants for Christmas.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I did my antibody test Sunday and was quite surprised that it came back negative. I was sure that what made me ill back in late December was COVID 19, the symptoms I experienced seemed to mostly be the classic C19 symptoms. This will cause a rethink, whilst I have not been in any way cavalier about wearing masks, hand washing etc etc etc, it was done with an almost certain belief that I harboured the necessary antibodies to fight a further infection. How wrong was I?

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Last I read the antibodies only last for a shortish time so I won't know if I had it either.