• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I'd love to hug a cow :D

Here a nice (safe) BoredPanda item from a few years ago that you might like.
If you've already seen it, sorry!

Tired Boy And His Cow Lose Out At Dairy Fair, Fall Asleep And Win The Internet

A 15-year-old boy named Mitchell Miner and his cute cow Audri recently participated in the Iowa State Fair dairy cattle show. Despite their hard work and effort, they finished only fifth out of seven. Feeling exhausted, the duo took a nap, when the boy’s father came in and snapped a cute photo of the boy and adorable dairy cow snuggling side by side.

The picture was shared with the following caption: “Our son Mitchell and his heifer after showing yesterday.” It immediately went viral and gained more than 15,000 likes by the next day.

Oh, there is a world record. I thought there was not.

Friend has a 210cm spread. However these are ex cows; I suspect the record is for living animals.

Steers generaly have longer horns than Bulls.

I'd love to hug a cow :D

Buster Keaton made a film about a century ago called Go West, about a man (Buster) whose best friend is a cow. He decided to hang out with the cow off set so it would get used to him, and it worked, the cow was very affectionate, but they thought it was going a little too far when it tried to climb onto Buster's lap like a cat (!).

Was once working on a horse's hooves and the bugger fell asleep on me,
have you any idea what a horses head weighs, bloody heavy that's what.

Buster Keaton made a film about a century ago called Go West, about a man (Buster) whose best friend is a cow. He decided to hang out with the cow off set so it would get used to him, and it worked, the cow was very affectionate, but they thought it was going a little too far when it tried to climb onto Buster's lap like a cat (!).
I've seen videos of a cow chasing after a huge inflatable ball in a field. It was loving it and was so cute!

Can't believe none of you UK folks have posted this yet:
https://www.farminguk.com/news/cows-like-live-chat-more-than-recorded-voice-study-finds_56763.html
"The team worked with a herd of 28 cattle, comparing the benefits of either stroking the animals while playing a recording of an experimenter’s voice, or stroking while speaking to the animals directly. . . . Heart rate variability was higher when cattle were spoken to directly, indicating they were enjoying themselves."
See? Cows DO like us after all.

I have always talked to any animals I come across, cows sheep birds hedgehogs, all sorts, my opinion is
that they are much more intelligent than most people give them credit for.
I mate helped out with lambing on a farm and when he visited some months later the sheep and
lambs he helped seemed to recognize and greet him, he was very surprised.

Or practicing its murdering trampling skills?! o_O
Cows in Scotland do not attack...

...Oh, hang on a minute...

Pentland Hills path may be rerouted after fourth attack by cows

Source: BBC News Scotland
Date: 21 October, 2020

A path in the Pentland Hills Regional Park on the outskirts of Edinburgh may be rerouted after a fourth person was attacked by cows in the area.

James Gentles, 60, needed stitches after being charged by one of the animals on Turnhouse Hill on Friday.

Mark Hartree, who was crushed by a cow at the same spot in September, has called for action to prevent any further attacks.

The herd's owners said they were taking the incidents "very seriously".

They said extra signs had been installed and that they were looking at options for redirecting the path.

[...]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-54616178

A path in the Pentland Hills Regional Park on the outskirts of Edinburgh may be rerouted after a fourth person was attacked by cows in the area.

James Gentles, 60, needed stitches after being charged by one of the animals on Turnhouse Hill on Friday.

Mark Hartree, who was crushed by a cow at the same spot in September, has called for action to prevent any further attacks.

They said extra signs had been installed and that they were looking at options for redirecting the path.

[...]

The Pentland Hills are free entry, the bull will charge later...

[...]

He added there had been reports of other people harming and chasing the cows.
Funny how this doesn't get mentioned as much.

Cow tipping was a local sport round here, they thought it funny to find a cow lying down and push it over then the poor moo could not get up, farmer would find them and push them back so they could get up, or me n the wife would if we saw them.

I suppose when you have a sense of your own entitlement, and a belief that
the law will protect you from your own and others actions it comes as a
bit of a shock when you find out cows rarely read law.

I suppose when you have a sense of your own entitlement, and a belief that
the law will protect you from your own and others actions it comes as a
bit of a shock when you find out cows rarely read law.

Not even when there's a Papal Bull about it?

Australian cow observed and photographed chewing on a python ...
Cow caught chewing on a large python in outback northern Australia

A gobsmacked outback worker has captured photos of a cow apparently trying to swallow a snake in a bizarre roadside scene in remote northern Australia. ...

Refrigeration mechanic Andrew Gertz came across the bovine snake catcher as he drove on the deserted Sandover Highway about 300 kilometres from Lake Nash Station in the Northern Territory.

"When I got closer I could see it was a sand python hanging out of its mouth," said Mr Gertz ...

Mr Gertz said he couldn't figure out how the non-venomous snake's head came to be in the cow's mouth, speculating the cow might have stepped on or disturbed the snake that then "latched onto its tongue". ...

Western Queensland cattle grazier and natural historian Angus Emmott said cattle were known to scavenge on dead kangaroos and cattle to supplement their diets, especially in the red dust of outback Queensland, but he had no doubt python sucking was unusual.

"I have never seen one chew a snake," Mr Emmott said. ...

FULL STORY (With Photos):
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-28/cow-eating-snake-photos-outback-australia/12822382

Back