• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Creationist Theme Parks

Noah's Ark and Tower of Babel to be built at Kentucky amusement park
A full-size Noah's Ark is to be built in Kentucky, as part of a £100m creationism amusement park.
6:10PM GMT 02 Dec 2010
7 years later...

Creationist Ken Ham blames atheists and ‘fake news’ for failing Ark Encounter theme park
The organization behind a tax-payer subsidized “replica” of Noah’s Ark in Kentucky is blaming atheists for tax-payers getting fleeced by the project.

Creationist Ken Ham built the $92 million Ark Encounter project in Williamstown, Kentucky. The “dismal failure” of the project has backers lashing out at “intolerant atheists” for mocking the return on investment taxpayers have received.

“Sadly, they are influencing business investors and others in such a negative way that they may prevent Grant County, Kentucky, from achieving the economic recovery that its officials and residents have been seeking,” complained Ken Ham, president of Answers in Genesis.
Kentucky-Ark-Encounter.png

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/cr...ke-news-for-failing-ark-encounter-theme-park/

I am sure Ken Hom must have a Wok Museum. Seems the Chinese were rescued from a flood by his ancestor who paddled them to safety in a giant wok.

The animals have been going into the wok ever since. :)

Last edited:
I sure Ken Hom has a Wok Museum. Seems the Chinese were rescued from a flood by his ancestor who paddled them to safety in a giant wok.

The animals have been going into the wok ever since. :)
I wonder if ol' Ken has ever been asked to Wok somebody Hom?

From #14

...God is very activist in the first chapters, creating the world, walking among men like any classical diety, but loses interest as time goes on. By the Acts of the Apostles and the Epistles, he is no where to be seen or heard from. Saint Paul has to start acting as self-appointed spokesperson...

Now we have Trump and Spicer filling the same roles: who'd have thought it ?

INT21

What if Jesus sounded like Joe Pasquale? That would explain the time difference between those who actually heard him preaching and the more positive gospel reports of what he said.

God has an Angel called Metatron to speak for him, the reason given is that God's voice is too magnificient to be heard and would kill you if you heard it, however the idea that Metatron speaks for him because he has a really squeaky voice is wonderful.

God has an Angel called Metatron to speak for him,..

Aha. so the Word of God is really only the Meta data ?

INT21
:)

Insuring against an Act of God seems almost like tempting the hand of the Almighty.

And does this news item signal to us, diplomatically or otherwise, an issue of insignificance or import with these words, I wonder?
its five insurance carriers refused to cover nearly $1 million in damages

Whilst we all must spread our risks, I'd almost argue that this faithless fortune fenced against the fates was (in itself) an investment in inescapable incidence.

But maybe I'm just a jaundiced skeptic that rains on everyone's parades (I certainly would hope that's the case, it's important to be consistent)

Owners Of Noah's Ark...

I can't read this thead title correctly at first glance.

Owner of a Noah's Ark,
Owner of a Noah's Ark,
(Much better than a),
Owner of a Broken Ark...

Whether the owners' claims are valid or not depends on how the policies were written. The courts will sort it out.

I think that "attraction" is famous for being built with tax money. I dunno, there might be more than one such enterprise. I'm sure there are multiple scams in there somewhere.

It mentions a replica; was there ever an original ark found?

No. There have been many discovery claims, but none (to date) have merited much credence. Read about it at:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...vessel-feasibility-resting-place-remains.825/

Not that I thought the one in the article was an original, I just think it amusing that they claim that it's a copy.

There' have been multiple Ark replicas built over the years, including ones that float and can be sailed.

The Ark at issue here (the one at Kentucky's Ark Encounter) is purportedly the only one built to the size specifications given in the Bible.

The size specifications themselves are a matter of controversy and debate, even if you are willing to believe the numbers given in Genesis have been handed down accurately.

€75 to visit a replica ark?

The only way I would pay that much is if the ark did indeed include two examples of each species of the world's animals.

In which case it would be a most excellent zoo.

Also I would like it to float rather than being marooned on land, in order to enhance the authenticity of the experience.

I would also expect a professional actor to be present playing the role of Noah. Possibly Sir Ian McKellen may take on the role? Or maybe one of the beardy guys from ZZ Top?

The ongoing financial woes of the Kentucky Creation Museum / Ark Encounter theme park(s) have been aggravated by the COVID-19 pandemic (in response to which the parks were closed). Management is now offering quite expensive lifetime passes in their latest attempts to raise money.
Creationists Are Selling Absurdly Expensive Lifetime Passes to Ark Encounter

How much would you pay for a lifetime pass to both Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum?

(Well, okay, not you, but other people?)

As we’ve noted before, a family of four (with teenagers) buying a one-day pass to Ark Encounter would have to pay approximately $150. That’s before taxes ($11.12 when I checked last night) and before another $10 for parking.

It’s about $130 for the same family to visit the Creation Museum, before taxes and before $5 for parking. ...

Perhaps trying to cope with the closure of both venues due to the pandemic, Creationist Ken Ham announced Answers in Genesis is bringing back “Lifetime Boarding Passes” — basically lifetime passes to both attractions, free parking, a handful of guest passes (minus parking), a year’s subscription to Creationist Netflix, and a few other small perks. ...

How much would you pay for a lifetime pass to both Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum? ...

If our hypothetical family of four wants to purchase the Boarding Pass, it’s $3,000. An individual pass is $2,000. ...

FULL STORY: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com...y-expensive-lifetime-passes-to-ark-encounter/

Now Ham denies salvation for E.T.s

Creationist Ken Ham, who built a giant non-floating “Noah’s Ark” themed attraction in Kentucky, says he doesn’t think there’s life outside of Earth.

And if such life existed, they shouldn’t expect any form of salvation from Jesus Christ.

“Jesus came to save us, not to another planet to save another race of beings,” he wrote on Twitter, adding that it’s clear “salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race,” aka human earthlings.

On the bright side, however, he said they won’t need redemption anyway... since they don’t exist. The Bible, according to his strict interpretation, says only Earth was made to be inhabited “and the other celestial bodies were created for signs, seasons, days, and years,” he wrote.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ken-ham-aliens-cant-be-saved_n_612327cae4b029c152b61ea6

Now Ham denies salvation for E.T.s

Creationist Ken Ham, who built a giant non-floating “Noah’s Ark” themed attraction in Kentucky, says he doesn’t think there’s life outside of Earth.

And if such life existed, they shouldn’t expect any form of salvation from Jesus Christ.

“Jesus came to save us, not to another planet to save another race of beings,” he wrote on Twitter, adding that it’s clear “salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race,” aka human earthlings.

On the bright side, however, he said they won’t need redemption anyway... since they don’t exist. The Bible, according to his strict interpretation, says only Earth was made to be inhabited “and the other celestial bodies were created for signs, seasons, days, and years,” he wrote.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ken-ham-aliens-cant-be-saved_n_612327cae4b029c152b61ea6
If life doesn't exist anywhere apart from earth, where did Jesus go and where is God?

Back