• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Credible Witness Accounts

skinny

Nigh
Wasn't sure where to place this account so here's a thread for such. Please merge it if I'm duplicating. Searched a long time and found nothing substantial.

This video has a simple corny teenage type title, but it is fascinating. It certainly is the most credible account I've ever heard (and do not intend to discount our members' valued experiences out of hand in saying this). Watch and wonder.

Wasn't sure where to place this account so here's a thread for such. Please merge it if I'm duplicating. Searched a long time and found nothing substantial.

This video has a simple corny teenage type title, but it is fascinating. It certainly is the most credible account I've ever heard (and do not intend to discount our members' valued experiences out of hand in saying this). Watch and wonder.

Commonsensical is the word that comes to mind skinny when describing Her.

Apparently there's the idea circulating that this video was banned in the 60's. Firstly, that'd mean this was filmed sometime before the end of the 60's. And if, as a quick Google comes up with, Mrs Rosenberg was 29 in 1954, the year of the sighting. Then that makes her at most in her mid forties at the time of the interview. She clearly isn't.

That's from the 1980 Arthur C Clarke series, where I first saw her, and where it's easy to see she's roughly the same age as she was in the other interview. So late fifties.

Also, British TV was full, or so it seemed to me, of UFO stories at that time. So there's no way this would ever have been deemed as significant or unusual enough to warrant a ban.

Obviously, I'm not saying any of that affects her reliability as a witness. It's just a point about the nonsense that's become attached to her story.

I have to say though, I really can't see anything in that story, or her telling of it, that makes me think it's at all plausible. But that's just my opinion.

The videos have been posted all over the place. I'd guess the first one is a segment from a local news programme though I can find no definite data. The story of it being banned is also repeated everywhere but that is click-bait, I suppose.

She's a fluent and vivid speaker. The slightly careworn looks and headscarf give her an authentic look which makes her account quite compelling. Did the boys never surface to confirm the events? Perhaps they were very young.

The case is mentioned in passing in a few volumes but I had never seen either interview before. Thanks for posting! :)

Certainly in the latter version oldrover posted the witness exhibits a rehearsed quality, but that is to be expected because she would have recounted many times in the intervening years. The older video I posted is more compelling I think. I'd not have begun a new thread except that her earlier account really struck me as utterly sincere and genuine. I'm no psychologist, so perhaps our learned friends could analyse her body language and the movement of her eyes as she speaks. A comparative analysis of the two versions would be interesting.

Sorry folks, that isn't the video I posted. I posted a link to the Arthur C Clarke episode. Nothing to do with body language etc. It was a segment obviously filmed at around the same time as the original link. I also note that the original link posted by skinny has changed. On my version anyway.

Is anyone else who saw the original seeing this?

And, they're all back.

Thank you for correcting the spelling of her name. A quick search of the right name brings up that the original interview was from a 1977 BBC documentary called 'Out of this World'. Which is available on Youtube.

There's also a page which shows a contemporary newspaper article about the sighting.
wolverhampton-express-star-1959-211x300.jpg

http://www.thinkaboutitdocs.com/1954-jessie-roestenberg-and-sons-encounter/

In which a local vicar also claims to have seen something strange in the sky at around the same time.

As I've said, I can see nothing in this story that makes me think it's remotely possible. Mrs Roestenberg(?) doesn't convince me as being in any way an unusually good witness. And the story itself, is very much of its time. Adamski's book was available in the UK at that time, and had been since at least the previous year. It was a big seller too. At least, that's my particular take on it.

To change the subject briefly. Reading about Adamski again for the first time in years I was struck by this quote describing a Venusian he once met. "His trousers were not like mine". How utterly alien.

One of the Roestenberg sons makes a tantalizing appearance at Chepstow Races in the late 70s.

"I vividly recall the conversation with Mrs Roestenberg's son and all the additional information he gave me. I kept those notes."

Alas, the writer gives none of that information and the page mainly documents his own experience of strange, responsive lights in the sky on the evening of the day he met Mr Roestenberg!

This serves as an introduction to a short version of the video we have seen everywhere already! o_O

Edit:
On another page, he reflects on his own sighting, mentioning Roestenberg again but without spilling any beans.

Whether she was deranged, hallucinating, lying or mistaken, she frightened the life out of me when I was little.

No. You see, I had an entire check suit. So I was hardened by then.

I have several tweed items of apparel, all of which have a check pattern of some kind or other, however none of them have effected a tumescent state in me. You are a wrongmo oldrover, it's official.

It was these little bastards who absolutely terrified me back in 1977.

Unsure whether to blame Rupert the Bear or the Bay City Rollers for the trousers. :rofl:

They seem to have concentrated their freak-powers on their costumes because the drawings are as miscellaneous as any random class of kids would produce. They each seem to imitate different iconic illustrations which had been widely published at the time.

Returning a moment to the Roestenberg case. Especially when the name was modified as Rosenberg*, I found myself pondering whether the family was Jewish and the urge to protect the kids from Aryans in the sky was some form of Post Traumatic Stress symptom? Might Mrs Roestenberg have been a refugee from occupied Europe? The date would be about right. Speculation merely. :confused:

*Influence of Julius & Ethel?

Yes, those little kids' drawings are about as random a collection of under 11 Sci-Fi art as you could want. But as a six year old I found them strangely compelling. To the point of absolute terror.

And I'll just say this, back in those days checks were cool. As they are now.

I think the whole Nordic alien craze must have had some connection with WWII. I've always thought it was some kind of soothing, benign, idealised (not by me) vision of a superhuman/quasi religious figure. As per Adamski.

And yes, poor Julius and Ethel. I always thought that was just a little bit over the top.

Seeing that photo reminded me very much of an English comprehension exercise they made us do at primary school. The teacher played a tape called "Mrs Peashooter's Flying Saucer" (I've never forgotten that name) which was a fictional interview with the titular lady where she described seeing a UFO. Our job, as a class of 8 year olds, was to listen closely and draw an accurate picture of what she'd described and I think write a short newspaper style report too. The drawings all came out looking just like the ones in the photo.

Interesting. I don't watch this guy's channel much as a large portion of what he promotes is bilge water, but this one's got a few tendrils of authenticity. Conspiracy or just more garden variety paranoia?

Interesting. I don't watch this guy's channel much as a large portion of what he promotes is bilge water, but this one's got a few tendrils of authenticity. Conspiracy or just more garden variety paranoia?

It's SecureTeam 10. You can literally see the wings and the tail of the other "ufo" in the pilot video.

Phil Corso Jr last month. Faaaaascinating.

Last edited:
I read Colonel Corso's book The Day After Roswell some years back.....interesting but full of so many questions and holes that I found it hard to take it seriously. He claims to have seen and done all of these things related to the ufo area...including placing 'recovered alien tech' into various American companies for them to reverse engineer...yet he gives no real specifics or names of people who could be contacted to corroborate his stories. If he was that close to all of this he must have had paper trails and other evidence to back up his claims...yet he never provided anything along those lines. So it all turns out to be another tall tale with no actual proof.

A piece by Kevin Randle who has been writing and investigating ufo claims for a long time.
http://kevinrandle.blogspot.com/2014/01/philip-corso-and-day-after-roswell-again.html

Last edited:
Corso's book is an insult to the people who really developed these products and technologies. Don't give his stories any houseroom.

Re the Broad Haven kids with their drawings, yes this terrified me too as a youngster, vividly recall watching a report on the news.

However, when investigated it transpired that only a small number of the boys had actually seen the object in question. Thus, when the headmaster asked the whole class to draw what they “saw” we got Spock and his multidinous array of contemporaray flying saucers.

When interviewed many years later, the boys who saw the object stood by their story. That said, there is zero evidence that what they saw was any kind of extraterrestrial carafe, in fact it was on the ground throughout

This case has fascinated me.

Interestingly, I have read a report of the Buncefield fire of 2005, when a large oil storage terminal in the Uk went up in smoke. Moments before the explosion, workers driving by noticed their car engines over-revving, just as reported in this UFO case. This was caused by the huge but as yet not burning cloud of gasoline vapour.

Thus, this made me wonder if they came across a downed experimental military aircraft venting fuel vapour (they were near a military shooting range). Not only did the vapour cause their car engine to speed, but it also perhaps caused confusion when inhaled? The object has the cockpit at the front, as per an earthly flying machine, and the suits not dissimilar to those worn by emergency workers in the oil/gas business at that time period

A large unidentified craft, leaking fuel, right next to a large fuel depot. Isn't there a simpler explanation?

Back