• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Creepy Door Handle In Wales

cardinaluk

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
My mother has told me a few times of an occasion when she was left alone in her house when she very young. Her father wasn't caring for her well and she was upset that she was left in the middle of the day, when it was sunny outside.

As she sat on a chair in the kitchen she noticed the back door handle slowly turning one way, then the other. And then nothing....

She reports that she was terrified but nothing came of it. She didn't see anyone at the windows or any person walking away.

Was this a telekinetic outburst?! Or was it an unsavoury who knew she was home alone?

Just thought I'd share her strange experience.

T

This is one of the best subject lines for an IHTM post that I have seen in a while.

I have seen quite a few door handles in my time but never a creepy one.

This is one of the best subject lines for an IHTM post that I have seen in a while.

I have seen quite a few door handles in my time but never a creepy one.

It is a good 'un, but hopping around IHTM has revealed several threads on strange behaviour from door handles.

As I've opined elsewhere, doors and doorways are liminal zones--portals of sorts--and strange things happen around borders of all kinds: forces, religions, traditions, atmospheres and legal systems all rub up against each other, overlap and ebb and flow across the boundary as they alternately hold sway.

Telekinetic as in "poltergeist"? I don't buy the stories about young people being guilty of creating poltergeists. I consider them more possibly created by ghostly entities and otherworldly beings.

I have a couple of door handle incidents actually:

1) I was in junior school, this was around 1994/95 and the classroom doors were a large glass panel with a wood bottom (so you could see anyone walk past and the base wasn't big enough to hide a child or adult. One day in a lesson, the door handle started pulling slowly down as if someone was coming in the room, but instead went slowly up again. It did this several times (the handle went slowly down then slowly up) and there was no one by the door - there was no space to hide! We all looked towards the door and i especially remember my teacher's face as i looked towards her for explanation - but she was open mouthed in shock with the colour drained from her face!

2) Spring 1997 - I was on a year 6 (last year of junior school) trip to France for a few days, all very exciting. We stayed somewhere in Brittany i think & went to Le Mont Saint Michel, it was my first time abroad and was great. We stayed in split level rooms, a group of us in each room which had a door that locked from the inside. The teachers were in another room. One night, we were in bed & i thought i heard someone trying to open the door to our dorm. I was scared - it was night and there weren't any adults in the dorm, they were in another room. I didn't feel totally safe as i wasn't totally sure our dorm door was locked, so i was the only one who went to double check (the dorms were almost little holiday flats with a living space downstairs and sleeping space upstairs) so i crept down to look at the door. The handle was slowly moving, looking like someone was trying it repeatedly from the outside. I checked the lock was done and ran back to bed, heart pounding (was only 11!). I told myself it was probably boys from our year group, but there was no noise at all from outside and the handle was tried several times. I don't think this was paranormal as such, i was more scared of the living here - something made me feel very unsafe that night

One night, we were in bed & i thought i heard someone trying to open the door to our dorm. I was scared - it was night and there weren't any adults in the dorm, they were in another room. I didn't feel totally safe as i wasn't totally sure our dorm door was locked, so i was the only one who went to double check (the dorms were almost little holiday flats with a living space downstairs and sleeping space upstairs) so i crept down to look at the door. The handle was slowly moving, looking like someone was trying it repeatedly from the outside. I checked the lock was done and ran back to bed, heart pounding (was only 11!). I told myself it was probably boys from our year group, but there was no noise at all from outside and the handle was tried several times. I don't think this was paranormal as such, i was more scared of the living here - something made me feel very unsafe that night

Reminds me of this awful incident which happened in July 1996 -
Girl murdered on school trip to France

French detectives were last night questioning the fellow pupils and teachers of a 13-year-old British girl who was raped and murdered in her hostel bed on a school visit to Brittany. Caroline Dickinson was found dead on Thursday morning in the first-floor dormitory she was sharing with four other pupils from Launceston College, Cornwall.

The other girls sleeping in the same room as the victim heard the crime and saw the murderer leaving; but being kids, and it being the middle of the night, they didn't know what was going on. When they found out they were traumatised.

Reminds me of this awful incident which happened in July 1996 -
Girl murdered on school trip to France

The other girls sleeping in the same room as the victim heard the crime and saw the murderer leaving; but being kids, and it being the middle of the night, they didn't know what was going on. When they found out they were traumatised.
Hi Escargot - i did hear of that some years after, a tragic and horrible thing. Not saying it was the same thing of course, but what unnerved me even at 11 was the quietness, it was the lock/door in the frame themselves i heard moving not whatever/whoever was trying it. Kids from our year would have giggled or made a noise or something, but there wasn't any. It could have been a kid, a teacher, a ghost (!) or anything else, but i'd rather not speculate on that so to speak!

It could very well have been that murderer, he killed several girls and young women in hostels across Europe. I read a book about him and it was the scariest serial killer tale I have ever read, purely because he was so anonymous and operated under the radar. Can't recall his name, he was Spanish and a chef, lived in London for a long time.

It could very well have been that murderer, he killed several girls and young women in hostels across Europe. I read a book about him and it was the scariest serial killer tale I have ever read, purely because he was so anonymous and operated under the radar. Can't recall his name, he was Spanish and a chef, lived in London for a long time.

He is Francisco Arce Montes. (Wiki page.)

Not to go off on too much of a tangent here, but you reminded me that the scariest serial killer I ever read about was Ted Bundy. Because he was very good-looking, he was personable and outgoing, and he liked to flirt. Had I met him back then? I most likely would have been dead.

Not to go off on too much of a tangent here, but you reminded me that the scariest serial killer I ever read about was Ted Bundy. Because he was very good-looking, he was personable and outgoing, and he liked to flirt. Had I met him back then? I most likely would have been dead.

Or, like Ann Rule, it could have inspired you to write your first book and led to a career as a true crime author. You might never have looked back. Over your shoulder a few times, but never back.

maximus otter

Bundy had a 'type' of preferred victim; young women usually with centre-parted dark hair. Did you look like that?

You'd also need to be kind and helpful. As you'll know, Bundy would put a cast on his arm and ask a young woman to help him load a boat or equipment onto his car. You'd think a woman would know he was up to something because he should have asked a man.

Back