• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crewe

You get a couple of hours' free parking at Tesco, followed by a clamp, so I hope to stick the banger on the Railway Age car park.

What're we doing there, anyway? Acting as your EVP bitches? :D

Is everyone still up for this today at 1.30? How will we know each other?

Right, if anybody sees a woman standing there muttering about circles then it will be me! I am going to have a black t-shirt and a black coat on! I am sure Signal 1 mentioned something about thunder :shock: just a coincidence?? :lol:

I'll be there at 1:30, in my short jeans, pink Reebok shirt, boots and rucksack. :D

Some foxy chicks there. 8)

Had a great time, was great to meet everyone. :D Shame we didnt see anything, I didnt feel anything remotely spooky or strange! Will have to meet up for a Nantwich one soon.

There is a nice walk along the back of where we were, which takes in quite a few old spots, including the site of my old 'ouse. :D

I lived in Station Street, Crewe, as a child, and walked to school every day up Railway Street.

:shock: bloody hell i've missed a lot

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Working this weekend and up to next Friday, but after that I'm up for it. :D

Evenings're good for Nantwich. Plenty of beer. :)

Erm, I mean ectoplasm.

Nantwich sounds like fun for me. :D It would be easier for me to go on a Weekend night rather than a week night as I have to get the kids tea/bath/bed sorted and if my other half is on the late shift he wont be back till late.

Looks like a trip to Nantwich to visit the resident spooks is on the cards then!

So do we have a plan for this weekend? :D
I'm not working then and desperately need some fresh air. And possibly beer. And ghosts.

escargot1 said:
There is a nice walk along the back of where we were, which takes in quite a few old spots, including the site of my old 'ouse. :D

I lived in Station Street, Crewe, as a child, and walked to school every day up Railway Street.

Well now thats fab, you get to meet up and go on Ghost hunting trips. Of course it looks like you took the scardy cat day shift ;) .

Just tell me that the reflection in the box in the top center of this photo, is just a reflection of one of you guys.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/david.r.b ... 8331614338

It's the alien (or is it an owl?) on the RHS of the box that bothers me... :shock:

drbates said:
rynner said:
It's the alien (or is it an owl?) on the RHS of the box that bothers me... :shock:

Where? I cant see anything...
Here:

Alien.jpg

and with a brightness/contrast tweak:

Alien2.jpg

drbates said:
Oh that? Thats nothing - we dont talk about that.
You're in denial! 8)

(Watch out for crocs! :D )

Hey Rynner, we may visit the chese shop. ;)

Well now thats fab, you get to meet up and go on Ghost hunting trips. Of course it looks like you took the scardy cat day shift ;) .

Damn right :lol:

I'm free next Sunday. I can offer lifts from Crewe if anyone needs it.

And if they don't mind travelling in the banger, with the 'EX HUSBAND IN BOOT' tag in the back window.

Looking at the TV listings for tonight, I notice that MH Midsummer Murders is on again. There's no mention of the name of the place but apparently a murder at the time of the civil war is 'discovered' (ie made up :lol: ) so I wonder if it's Nantwich again? :D

We ought to watch it. For research purposes, of course. ;)

I cant make it this Sunday, :cry: I am in Lincolnshire for a long weekend. Sorry guys! I am free the Sunday after though :?

Crewe Ghost Walks

My sister enjoyed this. The walk conveniently terminated in the Cheese Hall, with buffet snacks on the house, and a good time was had by all. :D

I'll be going along when it's run again, are there any other takers?

Do remember though that the public house in question is known locally as The Cheeeeez'all. ;)

drbates said:
escargot1 said:
Crewe Ghost Walks

My sister enjoyed this. The walk conveniently terminated in the Cheese Hall, with buffet snacks on the house, and a good time was had by all. :D

I'll be going along when it's run again, are there any other takers?

Aye, I keep meaning to go, but I always forget...Is it not a regular thing?

Im busy this side of Christmas, but Ill deff be up for it in the New Year

BTW Does anyone know if Camm Street Gym is haunted? Im in touch with a paranormal group who are holding a vigil at Camm Street - dunno if its OUR Camm Street tho..

That Ghost Walk is organised by my mate!

(He does other walks there too. More info HERE!)
(There are his contact details on that thread if you want to ask him about the Camm Street Gym, I'm sure he'll be more than pleased to pass on any info he knows)

Oh'ell, please tell me that the ghost group investigating the gym isn't the one led by **** *******, a former neighbour of mine and a member of a legendarily light-fingered family. :shock:

If (name not supplied) is present, then objects certainly WILL appear to move without being seen to. Into ****'s pocket. :(

The gym is a former Co-Op clothing factory and as far as I know - and I'm related to people who worked there for years and knew it well - there aren't any tales of ghosts connected with it.

I'll ring around though and ask, just in case. :D

just thought i'd throw in, when it was a sowing factory i heard that the machines used to come on on there own at night (my nan was a cleaner there or something) that was just in the back of my head.

Twiggy_666 said:
just thought i'd throw in, when it was a sowing factory..
What! They kept pigs there? :shock:

Or did they just plant seeds..?

Back