• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

Whats wrong with Pringles?

Nothing really, except the ones we get here in Australia are now made in Malaysia. The tube reckons it's still the same 'great' recipe. although I beg to differ. They do taste a little different. We now have a uniquely Aussie 'chicken salt' flavour which is pretty good although they do make you as thirsty as hell after eating them (I have not however tried the 'meat pie' variety.

pringles.jpg

Whats wrong with Pringles?

I find women are more fans of Pringles than men. I haven't formed a clear theory as to why that should be. Personally I've never bought a Pringle in my life & see no good reason to start now. Not to say I haven't eaten them in vast quantities on occasions. I'm not absolutist about it. They appear at buffets & Christmas where they're hard to avoid.

Are they actually potato crisps?

First, to understand what Pringles (and other stackable chips) are, you have to develop a Zen detachment from the idea of potato chips coming from actual potatoes in any recognizable way. In fact, the Pringles company once argued that their high amount of processing and low potato content actually made Pringles technically not potato chips. (For those wondering, they made this self-sabotaging argument to avoid taxes. 'Snacks' are recognized as necessary in the UK, and so they aren't taxed. Potato chips, on the other hand, are luxury food, and so they are taxed.)

I find women are more fans of Pringles than men. I haven't formed a clear theory as to why that should be. Personally I've never bought a Pringle in my life & see no good reason to start now. Not to say I haven't eaten them in vast quantities on occasions. I'm not absolutist about it. They appear at buffets & Christmas where they're hard to avoid.

Are they actually potato crisps?
They’re the dashed hopes and failed aspirations of a downtrodden workforce reduced to an emulsified paste, heated by the corrupt intentions and evil desires of an elite group of ruthless crisp barons. But they are quite moreish.

I used to help out at the local youth club and at the end of the end of the night I would collect up the empty crisp packets so I could send off for things like this.
These? "Tudor Crisps, Wear-Em Scare-Ems BUNDLE + FISH + KELLOGG’S AZTEC VOODOO DEVIL" were entertainment for impressionable youths like you? :omg:

I often thought that instead of coffins, our mortal remains should be dealt with in big Pringles tubes.
That, apparently, was the idea behind the "The Body in the Cylinder." (Except of course, it wasn't.)

Anyway......who fancies some Scampi Fries? Always left my fingers smelling “interesting”!

There was a kid at my school who used to eat those, then run up to you, shove his fingers in your face and yell "Smell your mum!".

There was a kid at my school who used to eat those, then run up to you, shove his fingers in your face and yell "Smell your mum!".

See upthread for my identical recollection!

I'd say this was close to optimal colouration, although I may quibble with beef and mustard (Turkey and Stuffing is not a proper flavour to be considered).

Screenshot (3).png

(The prices are for bulk purchase--lest you think inflation has really got out of hand!)

I'd say this was close to optimal colouration, although I may quibble with beef and mustard (Turkey and Stuffing is not a proper flavour to be considered).

View attachment 34117

(The places, are for bulk purchase--lest you think inflation has really got out of hand!)
Please don't do this - I'm trying to go cold turkey on my crisp intake and you're not helping.

Empty Pringle tubes do come in handy for storage, especially dried spaghetti.
Shove a couple in to an old pair of tights, sellotape and you have a draught excluder.
The mini versions also come in handy as a desktop pen holder.
They can also be used to store biscuits etc..

Empty Pringle tubes do come in handy for storage, especially dried spaghetti.
Shove a couple in to an old pair of tights, sellotape and you have a draught excluder.
The mini versions also come in handy as a desktop pen holder.
They can also be used to store biscuits etc..

I use them to build my rocket ships to travel to space.

Empty pringles tubes can be used for storing pringles in.

Back