• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

In case you've ever wondered how long the longest Hula Hoop (crisp) may be, this south London guy claims to have the answer.
Man reckons he's found the 'world's biggest Hula Hoop' at almost 10cm long

Some people set world records for their athletic abilities and others on their unique skills, but one man reckons he could have a shot at setting his own world record, after discovering what he believes to be the world's longest Hula Hoop crisp.

Rowan Umland thought all his Christmases had come at once when he was chowing down on a packet of salt and vinegar Hula Hoops and made the miraculous discovery.

The 19-year-old pulled out a long tube of salty, carby goodness in the form of one giant, long Hula Hoop, which measured in at an impressive 9.3 centimetres long. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-reckons-hes-found-worlds-24123493

Puffy Crisp Raises 10 grand

Shouldn't really give Doritos free publicity, but they've offered £10 grand for this after an Australian girl

found one which was perfectly puffed on all three sides and was stopped in her tracks.

Instead of munching on it with the rest of the snacks, she set it aside for later.

She put it on ebay starting under a dollar &

Soon bids flooded in, reaching AUS$100,000 (£50,000) before it was taken down.
for some reason.

Vanita Pandey, chief marketing officer at Doritos told 9News: ‘We’ve been so impressed with Rylee’s boldness and entrepreneurial spirit, so we wanted to make sure the Stuart family were rewarded for their creativity and love for Doritos.

‘It’s been a whirlwind couple of days for Rylee and her family and we’ve loved following her story.

Rylee found the crisp in a packet her dad bought for her

Puffy Crisp Raises 10 grand

Shouldn't really give Doritos free publicity, but they've offered £10 grand for this after an Australian girl

She put it on ebay starting under a dollar &

for some reason.

Rylee found the crisp in a packet her dad bought for her
Just image how gutted you would be if, after paying £10,000 for it, they posted it to you and when you opened the package it was just a bunch of crumbs, due to the mail services poor handling practices :p

I haven't eaten a crisp for many several a few seconds.
Oh, I love 'em too, but I thought I'd best give them up for a while and just never started again. Mind you, I do get through about 20 litres of olive oil a day, so I'd probably have been better just staying with the crisps instead. Bloomin rip- off now though, not like when I were a lad. The bags were as big as wheelie bins back then and you got 1000 bags for 1p. And, you definitely got more than two crisps per bag.

I posted about this crisp in another food thread. I think it belongs here as well.

1664410926013.png

I remember from my schooldays - wasn't there some controversy about Tomato Sauce flavoured crips that were kicking about in the early 60's? I remember they were really tasty, but the powers that be took them off the market pretty smartish for some reason - never found out what the reason was exactly?

This thread has made me crave a pack of Rancheros 4p worth of yumminess mind you I don't think I've met a crisp I didn't like

"Gravy" is just "Beef", surely? Likewise "Tasty Cheese" and "Mac n' Cheese" are just cheese?

I have a vague recollection of Gammon and Pineapple, I'm guessing plain "gammon" isn't too different to bacon in crisp terms.

Back