Cromer!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Hmm must be hypnotised they queue right back on to a main road blocking a roundabout on the trading estate near where I live.Don’t eat em myself.
I think a 'perfect storm' was inevitable at the Cromer one .. opening day of the only McDonalds on the North Norfolk coast .. plus a sunny day at a seaside down with covid travel restrictions being relaxed all at exactly the same time? .. of course they were going to get swamped!? .. my place even planned for it so we could deal with their over flow .. weeks ago .. we'll probably get swamped as well again today .. I should probably phone in sick this morning and then go "April Fool!!" :) (the Mrs's idea)

Last edited:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
would prefer not to zero in the internet exactly where I work

We all know where you work - you are the 'Restaurant Reviewer' for the Cromer Chronicle, aren't you.

Swifty

Reaction score
We all know where you work - you are the 'Restaurant Reviewer' for the Cromer Chronicle, aren't you.
Nope. And the Mrs has just looked up Cromer McDonalds opening times today and it says they're now not even open today?. Someone there seriously under estimated Cromer LOL .. bless 'em .. I'll be driving past it in a bit so I'll have a look .. I've got two noobs helping me at 'my' place today until half two and then I'll be a world of hurt again unless I can talk one of them into staying longer (I wouldn't blame them if they don't).

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210227-104322.png

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
The genie is out of the bottle. This is what the internet does.

Swifty

Reaction score
I found this patch on the pavement when I was walking home from work last night so naturally I snagged it .. it turns out it's a biker's patch? .. fuck knows .. I'm not Hunter S Thompson but I now temporarily own it anyway .. so underground bikers are in Cromer again ..

One percenter[edit]

"1%er" shown at the Clubhouse of the Bandidos MC, Chapter Berlin
Some outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a "1%" patch worn on the colors. This is said to refer to a comment by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying the last one percent were outlaws.[25]

The alleged AMA comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947,[26][27] is denied by the AMA, who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press and that the story is a misquote.[25][note 1]

The 1% diamond patch is often worn by the dominant outlaw club in an area or territory. Wearing the 1% diamond patch while not being a member of the dominant organization may draw their attention when seen.

Nothing surprises me about Cromer anymore .. nothing .. it's like Eiree Indiana ..

(kudos to the Mrs for researching) .. I've sent them a shout to come and retrieve it from my workplace. Don't keep it or even think about wearing it.

apatch001.jpg

Last edited:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I found this patch on the pavement when I was walking home from work last night so naturally I snagged it .. it turns out it's a biker's patch? .. fuck knows .. I'm not Hunter S Thompson but I now temporarily own it anyway .. so underground bikers are in Cromer again ..

One percenter[edit]

"1%er" shown at the Clubhouse of the Bandidos MC, Chapter Berlin
Some outlaw motorcycle clubs can be distinguished by a "1%" patch worn on the colors. This is said to refer to a comment by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, implying the last one percent were outlaws.[25]

The alleged AMA comment, supposedly a response to the Hollister riot in 1947,[26][27] is denied by the AMA, who claim to have no record of such a statement to the press and that the story is a misquote.[25][note 1]

The 1% diamond patch is often worn by the dominant outlaw club in an area or territory. Wearing the 1% diamond patch while not being a member of the dominant organization may draw their attention when seen.

Nothing surprises me about Cromer anymore .. nothing .. it's like Eiree Indiana ..

(kudos to the Mrs for researching) .. I've sent them a shout to come and retrieve it from my workplace. Don't keep it or even think about wearing it.

View attachment 37708
The real 1%ers!
38fd0d1643ef3d81f19971243de76510.jpg

Trevp666

Reaction score
Hells Turtles?

Swifty

Reaction score
That would be the H.F.Bailey on a 'shout' to a rescue, that crew also resued the souls of the SS Fernebo in 1911 :cool: :badge:

abailey001.jpg

Blogg was absolutely a hero .. after not being able to sleep for 2 days during WW2 because of rescue missions (all successful), his crew had another one and they all just f*****g did it anyway .. he couldn't get the Bailey close enough to the side of the ship in distress after a few hours of attempts and with an exhausted crew looking up to him? .. he spotted a hole in the side of the ship, thought 'fuck it?!" and deliberately rammed the Bailey into the hole to get the men off the ship .. another boat got all souls back on shore and a tug retrieved the Bailey after. Blogg was a man who didn't like to lose. You have to respect that.

Henry Blogg from Cromer .. still an inspiration to RNLI lifesavers around the world to this day because he wouldn't quit and saved over 830 lives over 50 years of service (and he also rented out deck chairs with his dog next to him on our beach when he wasn't being a legend and being awarded gallantry medals by the King ..

ablogg001.jpg

Last edited:

Swifty

Reaction score
The earliest known painting of Cromer as Cromer museum says .. until I ask All, 1700's? .. we've got a new McDonalds now and no window tax anymore but there's been a nasty bug going around ..

apaintingcromer001.jpg

Swifty

Reaction score
Just sent to me by a friend:

"Chuckling about the sheep
1f411.png
farmer who went through McDonald's drive through in Cromer with a trailer full of them
1f602.png
"

Trevp666

Reaction score
I thought that the only things flying around Cromer were cromerants......sorry, I mean cormorants