• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Cromer!

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
A profound picture to be sure so everyone else except me are too polite to say it but .. what the ****'s up with those long fingers?. The eyes speak volumes though.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
To be fair, hands are notoriously hard to capture/draw/paint etc in art.
I was about to say that! I hadn't particularly noticed the long fingers, as I was focussing on the eyes, until you mentioned it!

Sollywos x

Sollywos

Reaction score
I am not very polite- it's rubbish :p

Looks like her heads melting.
Agreed you are not being polite but at least you are being constructive and honest.

Maybe it was her intention that the head looks like it's melting, after all isn't that how most of us are feeling?

Sollywos x

Sollywos

Reaction score
Well what do you know ... can't get away from the place!

just had a look at my communities fb page and someone had posted a photo of a couple of swallows and the first reply was:-

I saw a couple in Cromer yesterday.

Second reply:-

'race you to the first swifts'

Sollywos x

Swifty

Reaction score

just had a look at my communities fb page and someone had posted a photo of a couple of swallows and the first reply was:-

Sollywos x
You might as well move here .. every other fucker is at the moment! (not that I'm calling you a fucker) ..

I had this chav looking lad come into my shop a few months ago .. he cheerfully told me he'd just cycled from Norwich so I equally cheerfully told him "Cool but I wouldn't go around telling that to everyone at the moment mate .. we have loads of off and on duty police that come in and you could get done because of lockdown?" .. "Wot they gonna do to me?" .. "Fine you on the spot unless you're a fast runner?" .. I've got a soft spot for the cheeky one, I won't lie .. then he told me his name which was after a 90's singer which I won't share .. then he came back in a couple of weeks later the little law breaker :cool: .. Cheesy grin and "Remember me!" .. "Yeah .. you were the most considerate lover I've ever had. What do you want?" .. "Hold on .. she's just outside." .. then his 16 year old looking trophy girlfriend came in .. (he's about 18 probably) .. then part 3, he strutted in like cocky 18 year olds sometimes should a few weeks later and grinning again with "What did you think of her?!" .. "Who?" .. "That girl?" .. "The pretty young lady you came in with last time? .. she seemed nice? .. is she your girlfriend or is that none of my business?" .. "No .. she's just a mate ........................ I'm going to move to Cromer!" .. "Sweet .. life either doesn't happen or goes a thousand miles an hour here just to let you know .. you'll need to a-cromertise" .. hopefully I'll see this ball of energy again? ..

Swifty

Reaction score

Sollywos x
Me and the Mrs walked past Cromer Church just before the lockdown and right in front of the front door (so on the ground) of the church was a severed Raven's head. Nothing surprises me about this place anymore. Nothing. There is/was a nest of Peregrine Falcons so that was surely an unwanted part of their dinner that had been tossed over the side of the top of the tower but at the time and before I remembered that, I just thought "local weirdo black magic shit?" .. either way, I started singing The Omen theme at her to freak her out even more :)

(an archived live stream of our falcons, 5th of April this year :cool: .. you need to skip through to see the birds .. one of her chicks killed the other one but that's nature)

Last edited:

Sollywos

Reaction score
You might as well move here .. every other fucker is at the moment! (not that I'm calling you a fucker) ..
I'm at the stage of life where I'd regard being called a 'fucker' a compliment ... in both meanings of the word if you see what I mean. :)

Believe it or not this forum's favourite 'C' word was one of the places I considered when coming back east to be nearer my yougest son. Reading this thread makes me wish I'd looked a bit harder!

Lucky escape for you there Swifty!

I'd have found where you worked and been your most awkward customer all with a sweet old lady face! Actually probably not, with the rent I'd have had to pay out of my pension I'd have been arguing with that lady you mentioned upthread, for the scraps from your bins. Then I'd have come on here to read your story about this 'silly old fucker' who was giving you grief! :hahazebs:

Sollywos x

Swifty

Reaction score
I'm at the stage of life where I'd regard being called a 'fucker' a compliment ... in both meanings of the word if you see what I mean. :)

Believe it or not this forum's favourite 'C' word was one of the places I considered when coming back east to be nearer my yougest son. Reading this thread makes me wish I'd looked a bit harder!

I'd have found where you worked and been your most awkward customer all with a sweet old lady face! Actually probably not, with the rent I'd have had to pay out of my pension I'd have been arguing with that lady you mentioned upthread, for the scraps from your bins. Then I'd have come on here to read your story about this 'silly old fucker' who was giving you grief! :hahazebs:

Sollywos x
Nah mate? .. there's a lot of people who've 'fallen through the net' .. same as there always been and she was hungry (or I'm wrong and her (teenage) son threw his credit card in one of our bins. Yeah. Right. So she threw a cover story at me which I pretended to believe because .. she was hungry and I'm not messing with that so I told Morrisons I'd given her permission to root through our bins only because she owed us some money (bullshit of course .. plus I hate Morrisons .. and told her what to say if anyone gave her any hassle and to direct them to me. They can fuck off. None of their business and they left her alone :badge: .. whoever she is, she's trying to eat food.

Swifty

Reaction score

Sollywos x
Cromer pic taken this evening by Andy ..

acromerandy001.jpg

Sollywos

Reaction score
Nah mate? .. there's a lot of people who've 'fallen through the net' .
Yeah I know that ... and I know you are good hearted. What I meant to imply was that we'd have given you a headache as to how to sort it how fairly. Didn't mean to imply that you'd have been nasty ... sorry.

Sollywos x

Swifty

Reaction score
I've just walked into my local convenience store but just before I walked into the place I saw a pigeon just sitting on a storage bin looking at me. It was only about 1 foot away from me so I was prepared for it to panic and fly into me but it was way less excited about seeing me than I was about it. A customer walked out so I pointed at it and she said "Oh yeah .. I noticed it when I walked in .. it's got a ring around it's ankle" .. so it's clearly a homing pigeon then .. the store staff weren't excited either .. and the Mrs agreed it's a homing pigeon after I told her and told me "Just leave it alone! .. it's tired .. it's having a rest" .. :) .. Cromer.

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
A profound picture to be sure so everyone else except me are too polite to say it but .. what the ****'s up with those long fingers?. The eyes speak volumes though.
And the mask is a complete waste of space because it doesn't fit properly around the nose and appears to be made our of normal cloth that would not stop even the sort of sooty pollution that masks are normally meant to stop, let alone the sub-microscopic virus spores.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Sub-microscopic?

Anyway, I saw a pigeon with an injured foot today, poor thing, maybe it had made a bid for escape and pulled its ring off. Ouch.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
I've only just noticed that my fingernails look very clean in this picture Bigphoot. Perhaps too clean .....
lndeed. You prepare food at a seaside holiday resort, FFS! You should have bitten, fungal nails with the cure for something growing under them.

Sort yourself out!

maximus otter