Cromer!

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I'd love to but you have to have all all sorts of qualifications that takes years to get.
You can understand why it requires such experience.

It's not every zoo keeper that faces looking after such... erm.... 'exotic' wildlife.

If I had been shown this photograph of a 'zoo' and asked to guess where it might be, anywhere in the world.

Pretty obvious, isn't it.

Only in Cromer. :)

Compress_20211002_112848_8968.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of in the Gift Shop, lol.
You can buy 'Noisy Animals' souvenirs there.

348s.jpg

Do they like... make a sound if you....

I'm not quite sure actually and for some reason find myself hesitating to suggest.

Step forward Swifty, employed in his new role as... :welc: 'Customer Care Demonstrator'...?

Just a passing thought....

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

It's not every zoo keeper that faces looking after such... erm.... 'exotic' wildlife.

If I had been shown this photograph of a 'zoo' and asked to guess where it might be, anywhere in the world.

View attachment 45971
Isla Nublar?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
The view from @Swifty's kitchen window?
Nah .. all I can see is the neighbours fence and loads of weird stones I've collected displayed on my side .. and a plastic skull that been half weather aged and half candle burned .. and an original Kenner Ewok inside my kitchen on the window sill cheerfully waving at me ..

Swifty

Reaction score

View attachment 45971
That scaly bastard? .. he's only playing, he got me at the 2019 Cromer carnival

achristiandino.jpg

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
The view from @Swifty's kitchen window?
Nah .. all I can see is the neighbours fence and loads of weird stones I've collected displayed on my side .. and a plastic skull that been half weather aged and half candle burned .. and an original Kenner Ewok inside my kitchen on the window sill cheerfully waving at me ..
I can confirm that because here is the photo I took last time I visited.

View attachment 45984
Here is @Swifty in his kitchen...

hunk-butt-wiggle.gif

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Came across the following review from 'Tripadvisor'.

Crabstix Adventure Golf

"Brand new for 2019! 18 hole Adventure crazy golf, a first class course, set in the stunning location of Cromer, Norfolk’s gem. A fantastic game with some challenging holes, great family fun and good value too...'.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra..._Golf-Cromer_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

It was just that, whilst this depicts an awesome 18 hole, Advenure golf course in a "stunning location", one accompanying photograph, doesn't quite seem to...

Resize_20211003_212838_8112.jpg

Last edited:

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Crabstix Adventure Golf

"Brand new for 2019! 18 hole Adventure crazy golf, a first class course, set in the stunning location of Cromer, Norfolk’s gem. A fantastic game with some challenging holes, great family fun and good value too...'.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra..._Golf-Cromer_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

It was just that, whilst this depicts an awesome 18 hole, Advenure golf course in a "stunning location", an accompanying photograph, doesn't quite seem to...

View attachment 46048
You would have thought the fact it's in Norfolk it would at least have a windmill

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score

Crabstix Adventure Golf

It was just that, whilst this depicts an awesome 18 hole, Advenure golf course in a "stunning location", an accompanying photograph, doesn't quite seem to...

View attachment 46048
They appear to have made some improvements, this lifeboat station hole has just opened.

Eymk7e1XEAIdVvs.jpg

Comfortably Numb

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Swifty

Reaction score
The things you learn on the 'Forteana forums'.

So, there's s Cromer in New South Wales, Australia as well.

Struth, had myself confused, I couldn't see any difference...

View attachment 46056
Pfft .. our sunsets are way better than theirs ..

lenticular clouds
aclouds.jpg

acromerbeauty.jpg

acromer0001.jpg

No contest ..

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Ace! .. I've just learned that the Roald Dahl written cult TV show Tales Of The Unexpected filmed an episode in Cromer starring Charles Dance. The episode's called Skeleton In The Closet. Here it is :) ..

Haha, really! :loveu:
I love TOTU and often hunt down the locations. Hadn't got round to that episode.

That episode is particularly gruesome and cruel. o_O

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Ace! .. I've just learned that the Roald Dahl written cult TV show Tales Of The Unexpected filmed an episode in Cromer starring Charles Dance. The episode's called Skeleton In The Closet. Here it is :) ..

Any locals you know in the 'Cromer' scenes?

Swifty

Reaction score
Any locals you know in the 'Cromer' scenes?
I didn't recognise anyone but that scene where they're sat in the cafe .. that's just beneath my old flat. I used to live in that building, it's called The Melbourne and was used to house American troops during WW2 except they trashed the place so it never reopened as a hotel. My mate's son is staff supervisor there, it's called No 1 nowadays and it's a fish restaurant upstairs, takeaway fish and chip shop (and restaurant) downstairs. It's been used for a few films in the past.

This the location of that TOTU scene as it looks nowadays, the lad in the pic is my mate's son. I trained him up at a different restaurant but not much because he was naturally good at the job ..

afisnchips001.jpg

Last edited: