Cromer!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

chrissho

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I like this thread because it proves that Cromer exists. I am amazed at the photos as when I visited the sad and dreary place it was shrouded in fog (2 visits = 2 shrouded in fog days). Thank for the vids as well. I will never return to Cromer. I am worried about catching crabs.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
How thick was the fog?
Was it so thick you couldn't tell if you were in Cromer or not?
You might have been in Sheringham....

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
How thick was the fog?
Was it so thick you couldn't tell if you were in Cromer or not?
You might have been in Sheringham....
You don't want to be out and about in Cromer fog
the-fog.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
They're not balanced are they? Surely these have been 'pre-made' with some sort of drilling and rods inserted to achieve the look?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
They're not balanced are they? Surely these have been 'pre-made' with some sort of drilling and rods inserted to achieve the look?
Dunno? .. I'm going down town in a couple of hours, I'll have a look if I remember and/or it isn't high tide. I think it was done by a local because I recognise the name of the artist .. he's getting praise for it on facebook from locals so no harm done there.

It's Sunday today so if the council object to it, I can't see it being removed until tomorrow at the soonest.

Last edited:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Dunno? .. I'm going down town in a couple of hours, I'll have a look if I remember and/or it isn't high tide. I think it was done by a local because I recognise the name of the artist .. he's getting praise for it on facebook from locals so no harm done there.

It's Sunday today so if the council object to it, I can't see it being removed until tomorrow at the soonest.
Stick them in the sand and have some fun
41Ubs2NtHXL._AC_.jpg

skinny

aka Wuluwait, Boatman of the Dead
Reaction score
I was cruising our eastern hills on the way to the river. I saw "Cromer" or "Cromer Rd" at least three times on the way. In the vicinity of Birdwood, South Australia. Check it out. There's Cromerism afoot.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
There's a shack by the crick that's full of 'em. Don't go down there though.

Texas-chainsaq-e1603992869442.jpg
That’s Tommy ‘Chainsaw The Wife?’ Robberson. He worked the clubs from North Shields though Bridlington to Wigan. Often on the same night.
While he was drunkenly appreciated for his gags and risqué humour, he was mostly regarded as a figure of fun due to his use of a tiny prop chainsaw.
Catchphrase - ‘Ooooh, I’ll menace your budgie’.

Last edited:

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

A big HGV has just caused Cromer to a standstill because it's pulled down a load of the Christmas lights .. and the tree .. and a lamp post and something that was attached to a building causing some bricks to fall onto the pavement which narrowly missed a baby in a pram ..

"I’m assuming an accident has happened since so many police and ambulances have come past ! But the whole of Cromer is grid locked, traffic from town centre right up to the council and Lidl’s"

It all happens here you know.

Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

A big HGV has just caused Cromer to a standstill because it's pulled down a load of the Christmas lights .. and the tree .. and a lamp post and something that was attached to a building causing some bricks to fall onto the pavement which narrowly missed a baby in a pram ..

"I’m assuming an accident has happened since so many police and ambulances have come past ! But the whole of Cromer is grid locked, traffic from town centre right up to the council and Lidl’s"

All part of THE WAR AGAINST CHRISTMAS!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

Who was the driver?!

giphy-3.gif

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

We know who the truck was...

tumblr_mtc62qpwtq1r0bhnuo1_400.gif