Cromer!

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
How thick was the fog?
Was it so thick you couldn't tell if you were in Cromer or not?
You might have been in Sheringham....

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
How thick was the fog?
Was it so thick you couldn't tell if you were in Cromer or not?
You might have been in Sheringham....
You don't want to be out and about in Cromer fog
the-fog.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
They're not balanced are they? Surely these have been 'pre-made' with some sort of drilling and rods inserted to achieve the look?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
They're not balanced are they? Surely these have been 'pre-made' with some sort of drilling and rods inserted to achieve the look?
Dunno? .. I'm going down town in a couple of hours, I'll have a look if I remember and/or it isn't high tide. I think it was done by a local because I recognise the name of the artist .. he's getting praise for it on facebook from locals so no harm done there.

It's Sunday today so if the council object to it, I can't see it being removed until tomorrow at the soonest.

Last edited:

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Reaction score
Dunno? .. I'm going down town in a couple of hours, I'll have a look if I remember and/or it isn't high tide. I think it was done by a local because I recognise the name of the artist .. he's getting praise for it on facebook from locals so no harm done there.

It's Sunday today so if the council object to it, I can't see it being removed until tomorrow at the soonest.
Stick them in the sand and have some fun
41Ubs2NtHXL._AC_.jpg

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
There's a shack by the crick that's full of 'em. Don't go down there though.

Texas-chainsaq-e1603992869442.jpg
That’s Tommy ‘Chainsaw The Wife?’ Robberson. He worked the clubs from North Shields though Bridlington to Wigan. Often on the same night.
While he was drunkenly appreciated for his gags and risqué humour, he was mostly regarded as a figure of fun due to his use of a tiny prop chainsaw.
Catchphrase - ‘Ooooh, I’ll menace your budgie’.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swifty

Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

A big HGV has just caused Cromer to a standstill because it's pulled down a load of the Christmas lights .. and the tree .. and a lamp post and something that was attached to a building causing some bricks to fall onto the pavement which narrowly missed a baby in a pram ..

"I’m assuming an accident has happened since so many police and ambulances have come past ! But the whole of Cromer is grid locked, traffic from town centre right up to the council and Lidl’s"

It all happens here you know.

Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

A big HGV has just caused Cromer to a standstill because it's pulled down a load of the Christmas lights .. and the tree .. and a lamp post and something that was attached to a building causing some bricks to fall onto the pavement which narrowly missed a baby in a pram ..

"I’m assuming an accident has happened since so many police and ambulances have come past ! But the whole of Cromer is grid locked, traffic from town centre right up to the council and Lidl’s"

All part of THE WAR AGAINST CHRISTMAS!

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

Who was the driver?!

giphy-3.gif

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

We know who the truck was...

tumblr_mtc62qpwtq1r0bhnuo1_400.gif

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
**HOT CROMER GOSSIP**

The driver was in Bristol recently, too...

4928.jpg

Swifty

Reaction score
Feel good story of the day posted by someone yesterday on bookface ... and no, I wasn't that bloke, he's a legend whoever he is (and I bet he got laid when he got home) ..

"I took my daughter out for a meal tonight at Cromer Grill. She is 9 years old tomorrow!
1f60a.png
After a couple of tables around us spontaneously started singing happy birthday to Maisy, a very nice man out with his family, who I have never seen before in my life, got up and paid for our entire meal whilst we were in the ladies. Absolutely stunned. The tears haven’t stopped yet! If anybody knows this man, please say thank you. Thank you for saving this world."

What a dude.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Keep forgetting to mention, there was a lady on Blankety Blank last Saturday who met host Bradley Walsh judging a beauty contest in Cromer. She wasn't one of the beauty contestants, unless it was a glamorous grannies contest. Could they get local celebrity Swifty to judge the next one?

Swifty

Reaction score
Keep forgetting to mention, there was a lady on Blankety Blank last Saturday who met host Bradley Walsh judging a beauty contest in Cromer. She wasn't one of the beauty contestants, unless it was a glamorous grannies contest. Could they get local celebrity Swifty to judge the next one?
Bradley Walsh stated out his career on our pier. I'm not joking. He still returns to do promotional stuff stuff sometimes.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Bradley Walsh stated out his career on our pier. I'm not joking. He still returns to do promotional stuff stuff sometimes.
There you go! Good for him for remembering his comedy roots, he seems like a decent guy.
Of course he is, the Tardis doesn't let just anyone in....

AOTC.JPG.jpg

Um, never mind.....

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score
Here is @Swifty, judging said contest...

5084586-6281015-image-a-38_1539680645891.jpg