• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Crop Circles: Analysis Of Physical Residue or Effects At Sites

Has anyone other than circle groups verified these anomalies like nodes and EM changes..? My answer is probably not so we are left with no replication of these findings by so called mainstream science. And what of these BOL, balls of light, that some have seen near circles? Are these hoaxes or legit pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's a moot point whether these BOLs and EM things aren't just what cereologists use to prop up their arguements. ...

One local "circlemaker" claims he even scraped the
glow-in-the-dark radium(?) off of an old Timex watch
in order to get the radioactive residue in his circles.

Now... is it me, or wouldn't you need SEVERAL watches
worth to cover a single circle with a detectable amount?

US defence satellites and modern day crop circles. Is there a connection? ...

Research done a few years ago into crop circles found in England showed that the stalks were effected by radiation which caused the plant to fall to one side. These test were done on crop circles that were not made by people on the ground and became an easy way to tell a real crop circle from a fake one. The effects of the radiation focused just off the ground on just a few layers of plant cells causes the cells to burst and the result is that the plant lays over. ...

Okaaaaay ...

... Who, exactly, has claimed to have found these radiation sources? Cereologists, or someone more qualified/official? And has anyone done a geological survey of the areas where circles have been found to rule out any above normal background radiation (think - radon).

We did an experiment recently and I find the results very interesting. We have a free remote viewing exercise on our site (anyone can participate). We posted a picture of a crop circle as a target.

The only thing that the participants knew about the target before they got to see their results, is that it was an event, somewhere in time and space (not a whole lot to go on!). So in other words, the information you see isn’t coming from their reasoning (for the most part), it’s coming from their intuition (collective consciousness).

Take a look at the similarities in the results of the different participants (highlighted in red). Let us know what you think.

holisticempowerment.org/idp/PAST/Results/past1a.htm
Link is dead. An archived version of the MIA webpage can be accessed at the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2003051...icempowerment.org/idp/PAST/Results/past1a.htm

I read that and I did find it fascinating the amount of "hits" there were on "burning smells". I wonder what this is to do with - do you have any ideas?

Not really sure. I know I've heard before that people will smell the burning scents at the sites. I'm by no means am an authority on the issue though.

What even got me more curious, was the references to "metallic and metal." If you look at some of the other results for the other exercies, you won't see any mention of metallic or metal , anywhere.

holisticempowerment.org/idp/PAST/idparchives.htm
Link is dead. Archived version accessible at the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/2004040...isticempowerment.org/idp/PAST/idparchives.htm

So, where is it coming from - is it a ship, a residue left at the site, - got me curious.

Hmm - the hits seem far outweighed by the misses, or at least the basic framework of what each person is 'seeing' and describing is not similar. If they all said similar things and their were more tangible hits, I'd be more convinced.

Yea - the project wasn’t really set up to "prove intuition to anyone" - it's just not scientifically rigid enough - it's more for exploring and practicing abilities of intuition.

At the same time, the probability of all those people all getting those same insights - I think is pretty freaking remarkable. If you look at the other archive submissions, as I mentioned earlier, you want see any other participate submissions containing “burnt, ashes, charcoal, metallic, metal, etc” references.

I’m not into trying to prove it’s right - I’m just more curious about it than anything. For example, have you or anyone else heard of “burnt, coal, charcoal, ashes, etc” smells at the circles? Got any hypothesis’s about it?

hmm.

'burning...'
' government building-'

these people have read the word 'event' and associated it with a news item...
most disasters have burning or metal in them somewhere-
they haven't mentioned anything like a crop circle that I could see.

leading question probably.

So, how come there are no other “burnt, ashes, charcoal, metallic, metal, etc” references in any of the other results fir the other exercises?

See, each new exercises asks the same exact questions. It's only on this one that we got these results. You'll see other "beyond chance seeming" results through out the other exercises if you take the time to look. They also tend to match up to the target, not really news events.

I don't think I'm just "reading into this." I’m not making claims - the results seem rather particular though.

I don't recall any burnt smells associated with crop circles - but then again lots of things are said about what's experienced at such locations. It all depends on what you think crop circles are. The smell of burning could be caused by something pretty mundane, but it depends on how much experience you have with crop fields.

Well, I'm also curious about the "metal" and "metallic" references. I quess because of articles I've read about UFOs sightings at crop circles, my mind wanders to the ships. Who know's though?

Hmm - depends if UFOs are metallic at all too. Perhaps it refers to the metal implements used by the circle makers to make the patterns in the crop fields? But anyway, I wouldn't read too much into one test - one could still say that the 'hits' are due to chance rather than anything else, especially as there are a very small amount of tests and people being tested. As I've said, the misses and the context of what each person is saying don't point to any common theme at all.

I happened to see a video online last week (under odd circumstances wherein I was unable to confirm the source) which made some fascinating claims regarding certain examples of crop circles
  • that there was evidence of tiny particles of pure iron (looking like weld-spatter) found adhering to the flattened and/or surrounding crops
  • that there was similar evidence of tiny particles of pure iron upon the ground
  • claims that the growth-rate of crops affected by (or near) the crushing effect being increased substantially
  • signs of mildly-scorched stalks, causing hardening and distortion
I am no expert at all when it comes to crop circles, and have presumed blatent prankster hoaxing in the vast majority of (perhaps all) cases, fuelled in all probability by cider.

But this is totally different: I do like claims of measureable/photographable/analysable traces being found.

Is this sheer bunkum? Or is something real going on?

Unless the video was from New Scientist or National Geographic or similar, you might as well have said "this bloke in a pub told me about crop circles and swears this is true."

Reports of magnetic ferrous metal particles or globules discovered in or around crop circle sites aren't really new.

For example, here's a report from 1995:

Semi-Molten Meteoric Iron Associated with a Crop Formation

Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol 9, No. 2, pp. 191-199, 1995
0892-3310/95

Abstract - We report the unusual discovery of a natural iron "glaze" composed of fused particles of meteoritic origin, concentrated entirely within a crop formation in England, appearing shortly after the intense Perseid meteor shower in August. 1993. Physical and chemical characteristics as well as spatial distributions indicated reheating to a semi-molten state at the time of crop impact. suggesting involvement with an ion plasma vortex, a mechanism pieviously considered the chief candidate in scientific investigations of crop formations. Abnormalities in seedling growth was also consistent with the unusual responses of seeds taken from numerous crop formations.

http://www.bltresearch.com/published/semi-molten.php

SEE ALSO:

http://www.bltresearch.com/magnetic.php

I would point out that "BLT Research" are a "crop circles are proof of aliens" advocate, and there are plenty of sceptics out there who find their claims laughable, as well as inaccurate.

I would point out that "BLT Research" are a "crop circles are proof of aliens" advocate, and there are plenty of sceptics out there who find their claims laughable, as well as inaccurate.

Agreed ... However ...

It's a tangible example of the angle Ermintruder (ahem ... ) could only describe without offering any link(s) or other clues to what he had seen. That's it; that's all.

Yeah, it's OK, I wasn't accusing you of peddling garbage! Just making sure that the claims were highlighted as fantasy.

The metal residue angle would be a lot more interesting if the researchers promoting it bothered to:

- sample the surrounding field(s) as well as the crop circle itself, and

- explain why the presence of fine ferrous oxide residue couldn't have resulted from the ordinary farming practices (or, for that matter, hoaxers' activities ... ) in the given field(s).

you might as well have said "this bloke in a pub told me about crop circles and swears this is true."

Even then, as this is the fortean place it would be worth chewing over!

The BLT material ( I think Linda Howe was one of their main people) has to be placed in the grey basket because they are 'believers' to begin with which certainly can skew results.
There used to be a scientist called Dr Levengood ( biophysicist...there has been questions about his credentials and work) who investigated their claims and he was a believer as far as I know so many other scientists disputed his conclusions.

- explain why the presence of fine ferrous oxide residue couldn't have resulted from the ordinary farming practices (or, for that matter, hoaxers' activities ... ) in the given field(s).
It's instructive, in this respect, to drag a strong magnet about on a piece of paracord (I was a curious child). One soon discovers there are fine ferric particles almost everywhere...and in the case of long-tilled land more than one might expect. I often walk the fields and finding bits of quite solid rusty metal is commonplace and while some are plough-tips or bolts, I've got several shire-horse shoes in the garage warding off evil spirits. Two hundred years of farming could leave a lot of iron in a field.

It's instructive, in this respect, to drag a strong magnet about on a piece of paracord (I was a curious child). One soon discovers there are fine ferric particles almost everywhere...and in the case of long-tilled land more than one might expect. I often walk the fields and finding bits of quite solid rusty metal is commonplace and while some are plough-tips or bolts, I've got several shire-horse shoes in the garage warding off evil spirits. Two hundred years of farming could leave a lot of iron in a field.
Also, some of those particles may be micro-meteoroids.

Some years back, Rob Irving - crop circle artiste - told me how they would sprinkle iron filings in the hope someone would pick up on it as evidence of a phenomena.

I was also aware, via Rob, John Lundberg and Rod Dickinson, that some of the most celebrated crop circles were about to, 'appear'.

What is the, 'mystery' here?

Back