• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Croydon Poltergeist

Kate Summerscale's book on the Croydon Poltergeist – The Haunting of Alma Fielding – is to be serialised on Radio 4's Book of the Week, starting in a couple of weeks' time I think, perhaps the 12th (it's not next Monday and there are no listings for the following week). There was a piece about it on this morning's Today show.

Kate Summerscale's book on the Croydon Poltergeist – The Haunting of Alma Fielding – is to be serialised on Radio 4's Book of the Week, starting in a couple of weeks' time I think, perhaps the 12th (it's not next Monday and there are no listings for the following week). There was a piece about it on this morning's Today show.

I heard that! Can't wait! :D

If it had Helen Mirren it, I'd watch it. Guaranteed!
You should move to Cromer then, our local cinema's obsessed with her: Hellen Mirren plays The Queen, Hellen Mirren plays Thatcher, Hellen Mirren plays Pankhurst, I can't remember the last time they didn't have a Hellen Mirren film on. Cromer can't get enough of her.

Last edited:
You should move to Cromer then, our local cinema's obsessed with her: Hellen Mirren plays The Queen, Hellen Mirren plays Thatcher, Hellen Mirren plays Pankhurst, I can't remember the last time the didn't have a Hellen Mirren film on. Cromer can't get enough of her.
You should let her know! She might make a special appearance!
(I like her too. Techy teases me me about her.)

You should let her know! She might make a special appearance!
(I like her too. Techy teases me me about her.)
She could switch on the Christmas lights :) .. don't laugh, John Hurt did it a few years ago ..

.. anyway .. sorry .. back to the Croydon poltergeist

Do they podcast Book of the Week?

Back