• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Cruelty To Animals

Stoopid religious people. Oh dear. :(

FFS..
Rhino shot dead by poachers at French zoo

Poachers have broken into a French zoo, killing a four-year-old white rhinoceros and sawing off its horn.

Keepers found the dead animal, named Vince, in the African enclosure of the zoo at Thoiry, west of Paris, on Tuesday morning. It had been shot in the head and its large horn removed with a chainsaw.

And when the last rhino is killed for its horn and the potency powder runs out, the buyers will realise they never needed it anyway because it didn't work, and I hope they feel like complete morons. Same goes for those who order the tigers slaughtered.

FFS..
Rhino shot dead by poachers at French zoo

Poachers have broken into a French zoo, killing a four-year-old white rhinoceros and sawing off its horn.

Keepers found the dead animal, named Vince, in the African enclosure of the zoo at Thoiry, west of Paris, on Tuesday morning. It had been shot in the head and its large horn removed with a chainsaw.

It's hard to believe even the dregs of society we share our world with
today would stoop so low, SCUM.

Dog-fox attack 'deliberate and cruel'
Johnny O'Shea BBC News Online
Posted at 13:38

Two men who set a dog on a fox and shared a film of the attack on Facebook have been sentenced.

Jack Crocker, 41, of High View Farm, Chacewater, and Robbie Long, 21, of Lower Tolgullow Vean Farm, Redruth, have been given suspended sentences after pleading guilty at Bodmin Magistrates' Court.

The court heard Long filmed the animal being attacked for two minutes, and then shared it on Facebook, meaning it came to the attention of the RSPCA. The fox died after the attack.

Judge Diana Baker said: "The fox went on to the land voluntarily. He [Crocker] had the right to protect his animals and to dispatch the fox humanely.
"The DVD clearly shows him encouraging the dog to attack the fox. Most concerning there were howls of laughter during the two minutes.
"This action is deliberate and cruel."

Crocker has been given an eight-week sentence, with Long getting six weeks, both suspended for one year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-devon-39734225

Can we not chase their fat little bodies across fields with foxes? I can just imagine their red little faces as they clamber over gorse bushes, wishing that they hadn't supped so much brandy. They can toot toot their silly little trumpets too if it offsets some of their sheer terror of being ripped apart.

unbelievable, i cannot understand how anyone can get any sort of excitement/thrill/whatever from such ill treatment of any animal?? ( i have - in the past killed lots of different animals, BUT, never treated any of them with such contempt) i have never shot/killed any that i haven't eaten. (apart from rats/mice)

A man has been arrested in Melbourne after grabbing an injured kangaroo and cutting its throat. The story is here and the BBC has seen fit to include photographs, just to warn you.

A man has been arrested in Melbourne after grabbing an injured kangaroo and cutting its throat. The story is here and the BBC has seen fit to include photographs, just to warn you.
Was it animal cruelty or a man putting a wounded kangaroo out of its misery?
Also...I thought kangaroos were regarded as vermin, not endangered and OK to kill (in Australia)?

Was it animal cruelty or a man putting a wounded kangaroo out of its misery?
Also...I thought kangaroos were regarded as vermin, not endangered and OK to kill (in Australia)?
While laughing and videoing it for Chinese WhatsApp. Melbourne authorities obviously found it serious.

"We take all alleged cases of animal cruelty very seriously," said Glenn Sharp, a spokesman for Victoria's Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.

"The wildlife offences captured in this video are particularly abhorrent."

How did it get wounded in the first place?

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/animal-cruelty-58758

This terrible story has been haunting me. Two seventeen year old girls from Khabarosk in the far East of Russia (also a boy is mentioned, but he seems peripheral to it all) have been sentenced to four years in jail following their torturing of animals.

It appears that what they were doing is contacting people and institutions on-line who were looking for good homes for dogs and kittens - posing as sweet young ladies looking for pets - and then slicing up and decapitating these poor animals and - which was their downfall - posting pictures and videos of this online.

If you can access the above link* then there is also a link to the social media page where they posted this. However, I strongly advise you not to go there! I did so, and I now have images and scenes in my mind which I can't make go away.

Their sentence (four years in a Russian jail is no joke!) reflects the fact that - unusually for Russia - their deeds caused an outcry amongst animal welfare activists all over the country, with demands for a tough response.

I do feel for the convicts and their families, despite the terrible things that the former did.

And, the almost Fortean, question is: what the hell got into those kids? Is this some sort of new trend?

*I find that, for some odd reason, links to The Moscow Times often don't work, but you can access the piece easily online yourself.

Last edited:
Enjoy a Russian prison sickos, i'm sure that some people in there may like to torture you.

Is there an an animal serial killer on the loose and roaming the UK? It seems to me that given the propensity of the human species to be as cruel to animals as possible, it is probably not the same person.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-41270717

Police forces are working together to see whether the mutilation of cats in different regions are linked to a so-called "UK animal killer".

In the latest attacks the bodies of two dismembered cats were dumped in bags on their owners' doorsteps in Northampton.

Northamptonshire Police is in contact with the Metropolitan force, which is investigating a series of cat deaths.

Animal charity Snarl believes what it calls the "UK animal killer" could be involved in many attacks.

The most recent cat death being investigated by Northamptonshire Police happened on 7 September.

The dismembered body of 15-year-old Topsy was found in a carrier bag left outside her owner's front door in Brookfield Road, Kingsley.

On 28 August a teenage girl opened a carrier bag on her doorstep in Betjeman Court in Northampton to find the mutilated body of her pet cat Rusty.

The head, limbs and ears of the ginger cat had been cut off.

A few days earlier the family's other cat had been set on fire, but survived.

Horrible to find your pets that way.

:(

I was only saying on FB yesterday that the days of free roaming cats is over, in most places anyway; it's just not safe for them out there any more :(

https://themoscowtimes.com/news/animal-cruelty-58758

This terrible story has been haunting me. Two seventeen year old girls from Khabarosk in the far East of Russia (also a boy is mentioned, but he seems peripheral to it all) have been sentenced to four years in jail following their torturing of animals.

It appears that what they were doing is contacting people and institutions on-line who were looking for good homes for dogs and kittens - posing as sweet young ladies looking for pets - and then slicing up and decapitating these poor animals and - which was their downfall - posting pictures and videos of this online.

If you can access the above link* then there is also a link to the social media page where they posted this. However, I strongly advise you not to go there! I did so, and I now have images and scenes in my mind which I can't make go away.

Their sentence (four years in a Russian jail is no joke!) reflects the fact that - unusually for Russia - their deeds caused an outcry amongst animal welfare activists all over the country, with demands for a tough response.

I do feel for the convicts and their families, despite the terrible things that the former did.

And, the almost Fortean, question is: what the hell got into those kids? Is this some sort of new trend?

*I find that, for some odd reason, links to The Moscow Times often don't work, but you can access the piece easily online yourself.
I'd like to see these little turds killed. Vermin like this should be showed no mercy.

More on the serial cat killer from the BBC.

Apparently the cats are killed quickly which is a small mercy at least.

The person Chantelle thinks is responsible for Scooter's death is a prolific cat killer who has been operating in Britain since 2015.

During that time he - and police are sure the killer is a man - has butchered more than 370 animals, mostly pet cats, but also foxes, rabbits and possibly a wild, baby owl.

The first reported victims were clustered around Croydon in South London - so the press named him the Croydon Cat Killer.

But killings were later reported all around London, prompting a second nickname, the M25 Cat Killer.

In fact, his hunting ground has spread even further than this - to the Isle of Wight, Kent, Birmingham, Wirral and Sheffield.

Plus a probable profile of the killer.

A profile drawn up by the National Crime Agency suggests that the killer's problem with cats stems from a deeper problem with women, or with one woman in particular.

"Cats are targeted because they are associated with the feminine - the killer can't deal with a woman or women who are troubling him," says Collin.

"The concern we have is that if it isn't a particular person - who will be at some risk eventually - then at some stage he'll escalate or feel brave enough to move on to vulnerable women and girls, either elderly or very young women."

Back