Cruelty To Animals (née Animal Attacks)

Sillyhuron

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
I used to be a projectionist for a film lab in Canada. I screened footage for a commercial once, for one of those "liquid vacuum cleaner" things. They decided to show how safe it was by showing a goldfish flopping around in a puddle of water on a table, then sucking it up. The body of the vacuum was transparent, so you could see it was safe & efficient . The 1st take worked great. 2nd - Mr. fish looks a little tired. 3rd take - it's dead.
So they brought on a replacement. But he wasn't jumping as high on the table as the first one (they looked the same, so they wanted to combine the footage of both).
So they started poking it with a surgical probe....

Happy ending though. As far as I know the commercial never got aired. So somebody somewhere got hit in the one vulnerable spot those sort of people have... their pocketbook.

Last edited:

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Not funny

Yob who painted a dog to look like a tiger is hunted in Malaysia
Ian Noble For Mailonline

5 hrs ago

a dog sitting in front of a building: MailOnline logo
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
An angry animal rights group in Malaysia is offering a reward to trace the yob who painted a stray dog orange and black so it resembled a tiger.
Persatuan Haiwan Malaysia, the Malaysia Animal Association, launched an appeal for information after the painted pooch was spotted walking down a street.
The group has now called on members of the public to come forward with any information which could help catch the culprit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ike-a-tiger-is-hunted-in-malaysia/ar-BB18HHPf

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
That's showing some incredible attention to detail for a "yob". I'm not condoning it, but he must have been using a very patient dog as well.

Min Bannister

Possessed dog
Reaction score
This is awful. Horse slashers have been at work in France over the last several months. :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54046156

Police in France have launched a manhunt for two suspects after the latest in a spate of horse mutilations.
Forty officers have flown by helicopter to the town of Losne, near Dijon, after a horse was attacked on Sunday morning.
Dozens of horses have been killed or maimed around the country this year, prompting public outcry.
Police do not know why the animals are being targeted, nor whether it is the work of one person, or if initial attacks have inspired copycat killings.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
"Copycat killings". What kind of mind is it that hears about horse slashings on the news and thinks, "Now there's a great idea!"? Do people really need to lash out like this? Is it a pathetic power trip?

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
"Copycat killings". What kind of mind is it that hears about horse slashings on the news and thinks, "Now there's a great idea!"? Do people really need to lash out like this? Is it a pathetic power trip?
It might be some loser who is envious of people who can afford a horse.

blessmycottonsocks

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
“Police in France have made several arrests as part of an investigation into more than 30 killings and mutilations of horses across the country.

Interior minister Gerald Darmanin announed the development as he said more officers would be put on night patrols in affected areas.

The only details reported are that a 50-year-old jobless man has been arrested in the Haut-Rhin of eastern France.”

https://news.sky.com/story/france-m...n-mysterious-ritual-like-mutilations-12066266

lt’ll be interesting to see how this all pans out. Frankly, l was expecting it to be announced that all or most of the injuries were from horse-on-horse fights, or caused by collisions with wire fences or sheet metal, etc. Perhaps there‘s more to this series...

maximus otter

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
Not funny

Yob who painted a dog to look like a tiger is hunted in Malaysia
Ian Noble For Mailonline

5 hrs ago

a dog sitting in front of a building: MailOnline logo
© Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo
An angry animal rights group in Malaysia is offering a reward to trace the yob who painted a stray dog orange and black so it resembled a tiger.
Persatuan Haiwan Malaysia, the Malaysia Animal Association, launched an appeal for information after the painted pooch was spotted walking down a street.
The group has now called on members of the public to come forward with any information which could help catch the culprit.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ike-a-tiger-is-hunted-in-malaysia/ar-BB18HHPf
I don't know what to say. At the same time extremely disturbing but also great attention to detail. And a very compliant dog. My terrier would have had your hand off before you completed the first stripe.

GerdaWordyer

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
I don't usually read these threads. I can't endure atrocities. Y'all are better than me to keep the up.
'