• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

cryptozoology.tk

A

Anonymous

Hey, have you guys been here yet? My cousin Dickson sent me a link earlier, and I was really impressed with some of the stuff I saw there. It looks like it was fairly well researched, and it struck me as a bit bold here and there, telling it like it is. If you get a chance, check it out.

Hey TorgoP

Just dived in saw that it has a great photo(best I've seen) of that washed up creature "baskin shark"?..and more..I'm always up for this kinda stuff so I'm going back in...thanks!!:cool:

No problem, ruffready, my man. You know, the part I liked best was were it shows what cryptids have already been found. Putting it in that kind of perpective was kind of cool, IMO. It looks like some work's went into the site research-wise, as well. I heard this site had info about the Nova Scotia sea creature days before the other cryptid sites, BTW. It's on top of things, from the look of it.

Hey torgoP

On the cryto site you got there --if you go to news archives, and go to the first Item :loch ness monster "click that -and skroll down to"story from (in blue) thisislondon" click that--you get the"thisislondon site -where there is a cool quiz you can take with 60 questions..the first question you'll see is a johnny depp champane in the bath tub" start there--I got 33 out of 60 right "not bad for never being to London--It ask all kinds of questions about "london" I also e-mailed it to myself and will pass along ..its cool dude!!:D

Nice site. Hopefully its growing... and wow, info on the de Loys ape... I've been interested in that recently.
Uh, except I just read exactly this text at another site. (I notice that at a LOT of cryptozoology sites... the internet isn't perfect)
Although this site's is much longer, so I assume its the original.
I like the Discoveries, especially the "Giant Gecko". I'd never heard of that.

Originally posted by Conners_76
the gorilla was only discovered in 1847? Is that really the case?

According to gorrillatub, it was first sighted by a westerner in the 5th Century, by a Roman explorer; however, it was only confirmed fourteen centuries later. I guess science was busy with other things in the meantime. ;)
Originally posted by Piscez
I like the Discoveries, especially the "Giant Gecko". I'd never heard of that.

Me neither, Piscez, but it does look cool, doesn't it? One thing I wondered was if that animal in the pic was alive while the photo was being taken, because it's fingers look unable to support any weight at all. They look too bent and twisted to be of any real use, like the carcass has been tossed around somewhat. It might just look that way naturally, though. I'll see if I can find anything out about that and post any info back here.

[edit] Okay, I'm back. That gecko pictured (hoplodactylus delcourti) is indeed dead, and was found in a French museum in 1984. It was about 30" long, and is now thought to be extinct; however, there is another smightly smaller gecko, the New Caledonia Gecko (rhacodactylus leachianus, a.k.a. "Leach's Giant Gecko"), which is known by locals as "the Devil in the trees" and actually growls! [/edit]

tried the link

Says host not found. Anyone else having trouble?

I also got this link from dickson. its a cool site and will hopefully keep on growing, i like the flash type picture thingys!!

Back