• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Custom Creature Taxidermy

punychicken

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
custom creature taxidermy. Some great 'cryptids', but if you look round there is all sorts on this site!

"Incorporating animal remains into sculpture and abstract painting for over a decade gradually evolved into the art of taxidermy. Although now a licensed taxidermist engaged in free-lance projects for various educational institutions and museums, the artist primarily concentrates on creating her outlandish reveries of fur and flesh."

Unless The guestbook is very carefully screened / moderated first I am very suprised at the general feedback.

To be honest i dont hold anystrong feelings on the subject...but the Junkyard page did make me me raise an eybrow.

Mr P

edited for spelling

Just in time for Xmas!! I've been looking everywhere for alligator feet earrings!!!

The bit I find most interesting is the phrase

Although now a licensed taxidermist

which suggests that at some previous point.....

do you need to have a licence to, er, taxidermise an animal?

Athena said:

which suggests that at some previous point.....

do you need to have a licence to, er, taxidermise an animal?

Visions of Norman Bates practising taxerdermy on 'Mother'. :shock:

Athena said:

.....do you need to have a licence to, er, taxidermise an animal?

I think that you need a license to handle certain types of protected species and game birds, even if they died of natural causes or were hit by traffic.

yes! precisely That Sort Of Thing!

Which does rather leave the question, does one have to have a licence to do it, and would it being one's own mother make a difference?

a license to handle certain types of protected species and game birds,

That rings bells. I know that there was an article a bit back in a pagan (broadest definition) magazine about someone having got into trouble for having arare bird feather in the medicine mag or whatever.

Back