• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

D.B. Cooper: The Parachuting Airline-Hijacker

Do you reckon D B Cooper survived?

• yes

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
A Man Is Suing the FBI Over D.B. Cooper's Tie. The Result Could Solve the Case.

Amateur sleuth Eric Ulis believes the Federal Bureau of Investigations is blocking possible breakthroughs related to Cooper’s infamous skyjacking. And he wants to sue the FBI to make sure important details don’t get lost.

Ulis says further investigation of the notorious skyjacker’s left-behind necktie could yield additional DNA that may lead to a break in the unsolved case. But since the FBI is blocking investigation of Cooper’s tie, Ulis has no choice but to file a federal lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act.

Ulis [says]:

“The partial DNA profile that the FBI has is from the tie. It is unclear as to where on the tie it came from. Given that it was 2001 and we're dealing with 2001 technology, they probably pulled something off of the front of the tie from the fibers, maybe a little bit of saliva that was dried up or something of that nature.”

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/airlines/a43298881/db-cooper-case-could-be-solved-dna/

maximus otter

Always been fascinated by this case,I would like to think he survived,though the fact none of the cash turned up in stores or banks suggests maybe not.

Always been fascinated by this case,I would like to think he survived,though the fact none of the cash turned up in stores or banks suggests maybe not.
I think with none of the money turning up it's pretty likely he did not survive I am interested as to why the FBI would be reluctant to release the tie, I wonder if they knew all along who it was ?

I think with none of the money turning up it's pretty likely he did not survive I am interested as to why the FBI would be reluctant to release the tie, I wonder if they knew all along who it was ?

I disagree, when the $6000 was found in 1980 it had been neatly buried.

New evidence discovered in DB Cooper skyjacking case

A microscopic metal fragment found on the tie of infamous plane hijacker D B Cooper could help reveal his true identity. Private investigator and researcher Eric Ulis is ringing in the new year with new breadcrumbs to share.

"I would not be surprised at all if 2024 was the year we figure out who this guy was," said Ulis.

SIDE-BY-SIDE.jpg

“DB Cooper” / Vince Peterson

This particle is part stainless steel, part titanium. Ulis believes the itsy-bitsy discovery can be traced to a sophisticated metal-fabric shop.

According to Ulis, after his legendary disappearance 52 years ago, the man known as D.B. Cooper left behind a critical clue: a clip-on tie. After the money and the man vanished without a trace, this possession was spotted on Cooper’s seat on the back row of the plane, 18-E to be exact. Ulis says the tie was purchased at a J.C. Penny around Christmas 1964 for $1.49.

The evidence is currently under federal lock and key, but scientists who examined it were able to pull more than 100,000 particles from it.

18 months ago, Ulis used U.S. patents to trace three of these fragments from the same very tie to a specific plant in Pennsylvania, Crucible Steel.

"Headquartered in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, a significant subcontractor all throughout the 1960s," said Ulis. "It supplied the lion's share of titanium and stainless steel for Boeing's aircraft."

Ulis claims evidence points to Cooper having in-depth knowledge of the 727 he hijacked, and of the Seattle area. Workers at Crucible Steel were known to travel and visit their contractor, Boeing.

"This is also the time, 1971, when Boeing had this significant downturn, the big depression, with ‘The last person leaving Seattle, please turn out the lights‘ [billboard sign]," said Ulis. "It’s reasonable to deduce that D. B. Cooper may well have been part of that downturn."

Ulis…believes from what he’s seen, all roads lead to titanium research engineer Vince Peterson from Pittsburgh. Seen [above] side-by-side with an artist’s rendering of Cooper, Peterson passed away in 2002.

https://www.fox13seattle.com/news/new-evidence-discovered-in-d-b-cooper-skyjacking-case

maximus otter

Back