• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Danish Troll Legends

Reports of the almasty have been made close to the borders of Europe. One of the most detailed, multi witness cases happened in 1988 on the Kola Peninsula. In the summer of 1987, a group of six youths aged fifteen to eighteen from the town of Lovozero fished, and picked berries and mushrooms around a lake of the same name on the Kola peninsula in western Russia close to the Finnish border. The boys had built a wooden cabin. The building was raised up on fir stumps as the area was prone to flooding in spring.

On August 11, the boys were sitting around a campfire. They had the odd feeling they were being watched. Five of them retired to the shack. One of them Sasha Prikhodchenko, lay down to sleep by the campfire. As he peered out from under his blanket, he saw a pair of huge, haircovered legs approaching the shack from behind. The legs were visible due to the shack being raised on tree stumps. Sasha ran back to the shack and told his friends. Looking out they saw a huge, man-like creature covered in grey hair. It circled the shack. Terrified the boys used a stick to bolt the door and stayed awake all night.

They nicknamed the monster ‘Afonya’. In the light of day, the boys became braver. Nothing happened all day but as night fell, they decided to scare Afonya off with noise. They played pop music full volume on a tape recorder and threw rocks into the bushes. As they sat around the fire a rock flew out of the bushes and landed in the fire. Shortly after another struck the cabin. The group took shelter in the cabin as it was bombarded with rocks. One of them looked out of the door whilst protecting his head with a metal pot. He saw the almasty moving back into the forest. Later Afonya returned and beat the outside of the cabin. The boys reasoned that the creature had been sleeping in the cabin in their absence and was now trying to drive them out.

Next day they secured the door with a stick and returned to the town on their motorboat. They told other people of their adventure but were roundly disbelieved and laughed at. They returned to the cabin and found the stick still in place. That night Afonya failed to appear. One boy suggested that they tried to surround the almasty and kill it with axes but the others feared that the monster would kill them all. Instead they decided to try and befriend the beast. Next day they left a table of food out for Afonya and went back to their boat. Later they say the creature on the shore. He seemed alarmed by their outboard motors and vanished.

The boys returned and found the food untouched. They decided to stay in the cabin again. Before going to sleep, one of the group, Slava Kovalev, stepped outside of the cabin to urinate. As he finished, he looked up to see the almasty only six feet from him. Slava ran into the cabin and bolted the door with a stick. Afonya came up to the door and pushed it, snapping the stick like a matchstick. As the door swung open the monster stood in the doorway. The panicking boys scrambled under the beds but Afonya did not enter but simply banged on the door. The frightened boys dare not approach the door to close it. They stayed awake all night and heard the almasty leap onto the roof and walk about. As the sun rose, he left.

The following day three more boys arrived from the town and the original six were emboldened to stay. As they sat around the fire that night Afonya appeared. He was squatting in an ape-like stance on all fours some forty-five feet away. He bounded back and forth on all fours then charged. The boys scrambled into the shack. Slava held the door and shouted for help. Roman Leonov tried to push an axe handle through the metal hoops that had held the now smashed stick bolt. As he did so the monster gripped the half-opened door. Roman got a close look at Afonya’s hand which he described as like a man’s only much bigger. It was sparsely covered in gray hair and had dark skin. The boys frantically pulled at the door as they tried to slide the axe handle through the bolts. The almasty pulled back and ripped the door open. Roman got another good look at the beast, this time his face. “I saw his face right in front of mine. Mind you, he was standing on the ground and I was on the floor which is raised high above the ground. His face is brown and wrinkled. Somehow, I didn’t notice his nose and mouth. I just remember the eyes glittering, angry and reddish. They are set far apart, like a horse’s, sort of looking sideways. The forehead is wide and polished, the head is round like a ball.

I can’t remember how I got under the plank-bed and dropped the axe. I came back to my senses because of a strong knocking on the walls and the boys yelling like mad. The knock was so strong that I dashed back to the door. It was open and I saw Slava Kovalev by the fire and moaning from pain. As I learned later, when Afonya pulled the door sharply, Slava was thrown out of the cabin and hit his shoulder against the door-frame. He was so angry when he returned to the cabin, he said he would go out and face our adversary, but we asked him to stay inside the cabin.” Afonya leapt onto the roof again and stomped around so loudly the boys feared he would crash through the roof.

The monster apparently burnt his hand on the hot chimney that was attached to the burning stove. The almasty made a mooing sound, jumped down and retreated into the forest. In the morning six boys returned to town and tree remained at the cabin. They spent the day fishing. On returning to the cabin they saw Afonya approaching quickly. The boys climbed onto the roof via a ladder and cringed in fear but the monster simply turned and went back into the forest. As soon as he had gone the boys ran for their boat and motored back to the town.

Back in town the boy’s reports were treated with scorn once more. They were even accused of taking drugs. On August 18, the group returned with three more boys from the town. Now twelve boys were searching for the monster. After seeing Afonya prowling the shore from their boats the three newcomers chickened out and turned their boat around. The almasty hurled rocks at the boats as well as a branch from a birch tree that almost struck one of the boats.

They returned the next day and fished from their shore except for Sasha Prikhodchenko who was cleaning the table outside of the cabin. The boys in the boats saw Afonya approaching and shouted a warning to Sasha who thought they were joking as on all previous occasions the creature had only appeared at night. But looking up he saw the creature only fifteen feet from him. Sasha ran for the cabin and bolted the door with an axe handle. The others ran for their boats. The boys returned later to check on Sasha and saw the almasty on the shore. He kept pace with their boats and did not let them come to shore. When he eventually vanished into the trees, they cut the motors and rowed to shore. Three boys Slava Kovalev, Sasha Sveilis and Roman Leonov decided to land. As they walked towards the cabin Afonya leapt from the bushes and chased them. Slava and Roman jumped into their boat and started the motor. Sasha’s boat was stuck and as he struggled with it the motor fell into the water. Afonya came up behind him and the other boys shouted to him to jump into their boat. Sasha, however, was paralyzed with fear. The almasty crouched then stood, watching the boy. The others rowed alongside and told Sasha to climb into their boat. As he tried to do so he glanced back at the monster and fainted. The other boys pulled him into their boat and splashed water on him to awaken him. Rowing out again they waited till the beast had retreated.

Sasha Prikhodchenko, who had been watching from the cabin, shouted out that the creature had retreated beyond a creek. Arming themselves with axes, rocks and hammers the others returned to try and rescue Sasha from the cabin. Afonya ran out of the forest again, right into the group, cutting it in two. One of them, Slava Surodin hurled a rock at him. It struck Afonya in the shoulder and he made a mooing sound. Two of the group ran for the cabin the others for the boats. The almasty chased the boys who ran to the cabin. One of them, Ivan Dyba said … “As I felt him literally breathing down the back of my neck, my legs failed me. I snatched at Zhenya Trofimov running in front of me and we both fell to the ground. We crawled and scrambled into the cabin.” The terrified boys hid inside as the monster pounded the walls and peered through the window. Yet again the almasty retreated into the forest and the other boys tried to rescue their comrades. As if he were playing cat and mouse with them Afonya charged out of the undergrowth again. Sasha Prikhodchenko and Zhenya Trofimov ran back to the cabin whilst Ivan Dyba leapt into the water fully clothed and swam to a boat. Those on the boat pulled him aboard and motored to the opposite shore to dry his clothes.

Deciding to alert the authorities the three boys on the boat returned to town. Arriving at 2 a.m. they went to the town’s executive committee. The woman on duty called a patrolling militiaman. After listening to their story, he called a senior game warden called Kuznetsov who arrived an hour later. Laughing at the boy’s story, he said… “I am not going to alert anyone in the dead of night. I don’t want to become a laughing stock on account of your ‘snowman’. I’ll send someone over in the daytime.” On August 20, help came to the boys trapped in the cabin in the form of a game warden called Igor Pavlov and his two assistants. All had rifles. After listening to the story they arrived at 11 p.m. The summer that far north still giving plenty of light the boys alerted the men when Afonya emerged. Igor had been told by his superiors that the boys had been frightened by an ‘old bear’ but what he saw some 82 feet away looked more man-like but Pavlov saw it was clearly not human. The monster ran back into the forest but the warden was able to gauge the creature’s height against a branch sticking out from a tree. Afonya was at least 8 feet tall. He noted that the almasty’s arms reached its knees and it was covered in gray hair. It ran with long strides.

The adults and boys stayed in the cabin that night. The building was bombarded with rocks. In the morning the boys left for home but the wardens stayed on. They found a number of tracks imprinted more deeply than an adult man. They spent another night at the cabin but were not disturbed. The next day, several adults accompanied the boys to the site with torches and cameras. Afonya hurled rocks at the cabin but did not show himself. Soon after the area was over run with film crews and reporters. Afonya by this time had vanished.

The location of these events is close to the border with Finland. Scandinavia is well known for its tradition of trolls, shambling, hairy, club-wielding, man-eating giants of ancient legend. Lars Thomas of Copenhagen University was studying ancient texts pertaining to a legendary Danish king who loved to hunt. His favorite quarry were trolls because of their savagery when cornered. The descriptions of trolls in these writings spoke of tall, muscular, hair-covered creatures much like men. They had thick brow ridges, long arms, deep set eyes and the females had long breasts. Trolls had no fire but could hurl large rocks and use clubs. The description matched up uncannily well with modern day descriptions of the almasty that I had recently collected from witnesses in the Caucasus Mountains in Russia. It is likely that these creatures, on occasion, cross over into Europe. Though now uncommon, sightings of trolls persist in remote areas of Scandinavia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports of the almasty have been made close to the borders of Europe. One of the most detailed, multi witness cases happened in 1988 on the Kola Peninsula. In the summer of 1987, a group of six youths aged fifteen to eighteen from the town of Lovozero fished, and picked berries and mushrooms around a lake of the same name on the Kola peninsula in western Russia close to the Finnish border. The boys had built a wooden cabin. The building was raised up on fir stumps as the area was prone to flooding in spring. On August 11, the boys were sitting around a campfire. They had the odd feeling they were being watched. Five of them retired to the shack. One of them Sasha Prikhodchenko, lay down to sleep by the campfire. As he peered out from under his blanket, he saw a pair of huge, haircovered legs approaching the shack from behind. The legs were visible due to the shack being raised on tree stumps. Sasha ran back to the shack and told his friends. Looking out they saw a huge, man-like creature covered in grey hair. It circled the shack. Terrified the boys used a stick to bolt the door and stayed awake all night. They nicknamed the monster ‘Afonya’. In the light of day, the boys became braver. Nothing happened all day but as night fell, they decided to scare Afonya off with noise. They played pop music full volume on a tape recorder and threw rocks into the bushes. As they sat around the fire a rock flew out of the bushes and landed in the fire. Shortly after another struck the cabin. The group took shelter in the cabin as it was bombarded with rocks. One of them looked out of the door whilst protecting his head with a metal pot. He saw the almasty moving back into the forest. Later Afonya returned and beat the outside of the cabin. The boys reasoned that the creature had been sleeping in the cabin in their absence and was now trying to drive them out. Next day they secured the door with a stick and returned to the town on their motorboat. They told other people of their adventure but were roundly disbelieved and laughed at. They returned to the cabin and found the stick still in place. That night Afonya failed to appear. One boy suggested that they tried to surround the almasty and kill it with axes but the others feared that the monster would kill them all. Instead they decided to try and befriend the beast. Next day they left a table of food out for Afonya and went back to their boat. Later they say the creature on the shore. He seemed alarmed by their outboard motors and vanished. The boys returned and found the food untouched. They decided to stay in the cabin again. Before going to sleep, one of the group, Slava Kovalev, stepped outside of the cabin to urinate. As he finished, he looked up to see the almasty only six feet from him. Slava ran into the cabin and bolted the door with a stick. Afonya came up to the door and pushed it, snapping the stick like a matchstick. As the door swung open the monster stood in the doorway. The panicking boys scrambled under the beds but Afonya did not enter but simply banged on the door. The frightened boys dare not approach the door to close it. They stayed awake all night and heard the almasty leap onto the roof and walk about. As the sun rose, he left. The following day three more boys arrived from the town and the original six were emboldened to stay. As they sat around the fire that night Afonya appeared. He was squatting in an ape-like stance on all fours some forty-five feet away. He bounded back and forth on all fours then charged. The boys scrambled into the shack. Slava held the door and shouted for help. Roman Leonov tried to push an axe handle through the metal hoops that had held the now smashed stick bolt. As he did so the monster gripped the half-opened door. Roman got a close look at Afonya’s hand which he described as like a man’s only much bigger. It was sparsely covered in gray hair and had dark skin. The boys frantically pulled at the door as they tried to slide the axe handle through the bolts. The almasty pulled back and ripped the door open. Roman got another good look at the beast, this time his face. “I saw his face right in front of mine. Mind you, he was standing on the ground and I was on the floor which is raised high above the ground. His face is brown and wrinkled. Somehow, I didn’t notice his nose and mouth. I just remember the eyes glittering, angry and reddish. They are set far apart, like a horse’s, sort of looking sideways. The forehead is wide and polished, the head is round like a ball. I can’t remember how I got under the plank-bed and dropped the axe. I came back to my senses because of a strong knocking on the walls and the boys yelling like mad. The knock was so strong that I dashed back to the door. It was open and I saw Slava Kovalev by the fire and moaning from pain. As I learned later, when Afonya pulled the door sharply, Slava was thrown out of the cabin and hit his shoulder against the door-frame. He was so angry when he returned to the cabin, he said he would go out and face our adversary, but we asked him to stay inside the cabin.” Afonya leapt onto the roof again and stomped around so loudly the boys feared he would crash through the roof. The monster apparently burnt his hand on the hot chimney that was attached to the burning stove. The almasty made a mooing sound, jumped down and retreated into the forest. In the morning six boys returned to town and tree remained at the cabin. They spent the day fishing. On returning to the cabin they saw Afonya approaching quickly. The boys climbed onto the roof via a ladder and cringed in fear but the monster simply turned and went back into the forest. As soon as he had gone the boys ran for their boat and motored back to the town. Back in town the boy’s reports were treated with scorn once more. They were even accused of taking drugs. On August 18, the group returned with three more boys from the town. Now twelve boys were searching for the monster. After seeing Afonya prowling the shore from their boats the three newcomers chickened out and turned their boat around. The almasty hurled rocks at the boats as well as a branch from a birch tree that almost struck one of the boats. They returned the next day and fished from their shore except for Sasha Prikhodchenko who was cleaning the table outside of the cabin. The boys in the boats saw Afonya approaching and shouted a warning to Sasha who thought they were joking as on all previous occasions the creature had only appeared at night. But looking up he saw the creature only fifteen feet from him. Sasha ran for the cabin and bolted the door with an axe handle. The others ran for their boats. The boys returned later to check on Sasha and saw the almasty on the shore. He kept pace with their boats and did not let them come to shore. When he eventually vanished into the trees, they cut the motors and rowed to shore. Three boys Slava Kovalev, Sasha Sveilis and Roman Leonov decided to land. As they walked towards the cabin Afonya leapt from the bushes and chased them. Slava and Roman jumped into their boat and started the motor. Sasha’s boat was stuck and as he struggled with it the motor fell into the water. Afonya came up behind him and the other boys shouted to him to jump into their boat. Sasha, however, was paralyzed with fear. The almasty crouched then stood, watching the boy. The others rowed alongside and told Sasha to climb into their boat. As he tried to do so he glanced back at the monster and fainted. The other boys pulled him into their boat and splashed water on him to awaken him. Rowing out again they waited till the beast had retreated. Sasha Prikhodchenko, who had been watching from the cabin, shouted out that the creature had retreated beyond a creek. Arming themselves with axes, rocks and hammers the others returned to try and rescue Sasha from the cabin. Afonya ran out of the forest again, right into the group, cutting it in two. One of them, Slava Surodin hurled a rock at him. It struck Afonya in the shoulder and he made a mooing sound. Two of the group ran for the cabin the others for the boats. The almasty chased the boys who ran to the cabin. One of them, Ivan Dyba said … “As I felt him literally breathing down the back of my neck, my legs failed me. I snatched at Zhenya Trofimov running in front of me and we both fell to the ground. We crawled and scrambled into the cabin.” The terrified boys hid inside as the monster pounded the walls and peered through the window. Yet again the almasty retreated into the forest and the other boys tried to rescue their comrades. As if he were playing cat and mouse with them Afonya charged out of the undergrowth again. Sasha Prikhodchenko and Zhenya Trofimov ran back to the cabin whilst Ivan Dyba leapt into the water fully clothed and swam to a boat. Those on the boat pulled him aboard and motored to the opposite shore to dry his clothes. Deciding to alert the authorities the three boys on the boat returned to town. Arriving at 2 a.m. they went to the town’s executive committee. The woman on duty called a patrolling militiaman. After listening to their story, he called a senior game warden called Kuznetsov who arrived an hour later. Laughing at the boy’s story, he said… “I am not going to alert anyone in the dead of night. I don’t want to become a laughing stock on account of your ‘snowman’. I’ll send someone over in the daytime.” On August 20, help came to the boys trapped in the cabin in the form of a game warden called Igor Pavlov and his two assistants. All had rifles. After listening to the story they arrived at 11 p.m. The summer that far north still giving plenty of light the boys alerted the men when Afonya emerged. Igor had been told by his superiors that the boys had been frightened by an ‘old bear’ but what he saw some 82 feet away looked more man-like but Pavlov saw it was clearly not human. The monster ran back into the forest but the warden was able to gauge the creature’s height against a branch sticking out from a tree. Afonya was at least 8 feet tall. He noted that the almasty’s arms reached its knees and it was covered in gray hair. It ran with long strides. The adults and boys stayed in the cabin that night. The building was bombarded with rocks. In the morning the boys left for home but the wardens stayed on. They found a number of tracks imprinted more deeply than an adult man. They spent another night at the cabin but were not disturbed. The next day, several adults accompanied the boys to the site with torches and cameras. Afonya hurled rocks at the cabin but did not show himself. Soon after the area was over run with film crews and reporters. Afonya by this time had vanished. The location of these events is close to the border with Finland. Scandinavia is well known for its tradition of trolls, shambling, hairy, club-wielding, man-eating giants of ancient legend. Lars Thomas of Copenhagen University was studying ancient texts pertaining to a legendary Danish king who loved to hunt. His favorite quarry were trolls because of their savagery when cornered. The descriptions of trolls in these writings spoke of tall, muscular, hair-covered creatures much like men. They had thick brow ridges, long arms, deep set eyes and the females had long breasts. Trolls had no fire but could hurl large rocks and use clubs. The description matched up uncannily well with modern day descriptions of the almasty that I had recently collected from witnesses in the Caucasus Mountains in Russia. It is likely that these creatures, on occasion, cross over into Europe. Though now uncommon, sightings of trolls persist in remote areas of Scandinavia.

A very detailed and compelling account.
My suspicions were slightly raised though when Afonya, who had previously not been shy about showing himself, went mysteriously AWOL when cameras were present.

Its detailed, yes but baffling.

The boys seem to have been scared but they stay, indeed try to be normal.

The Alma seems oddly attached to the territory, like the boys he is scared but doesnt scarper like many wildmen do.

(Could this individual be habituated to humans as some Almas can be?)

Any more cases in this area?

Its detailed, yes but baffling.

The boys seem to have been scared but they stay, indeed try to be normal.

The Alma seems oddly attached to the territory, like the boys he is scared but doesnt scarper like many wildmen do.

(Could this individual be habituated to humans as some Almas can be?)

Any more cases in this area?
Most of the Russian cases are from further south in the Caucasus. The late Dimitry Baynoff wrote about in his book In The Footsteps of the Russian Snowman. It's close to the European border so it's likley that these things stray into the north east of Europe sometimes.

Bear territory. Like Bigfoot likes.

There is a BF in Grenfels `The Story of a Labrador Doctor` (Will have to find this one out....its an early case reported by people who have never heard of BF but who see a hairy giant).

Labrador is a long way from the Cascades.

I recently watched a movie on Netflix: Troll. Set in Norway. This interpretation was that trolls were not hairy man-beasts, but rather were composed of rocks. It was refreshing to watch a movie in which the main female character did not fall in love with a main male character. The troll did not survive.

Well, to my limited knowledge, the oldest mentions of trolls, in the Icelandic sagas, do not describe them as especially hairy or monkey-like. They are more akin to the "jotunn", or the "giant" race, who were impersonations of the primal forces of nature, which are quite obvious in the rugged and awesome Norwegian landscape. In this respect, the movie is rather faithful to the original myth, especially when it equates trolls with mountains (not furs).

What characterized ancient trolls was their strength and savagery. That's why strongmen, or dangerous madmen, were sometimes described as "trolls" in the old sagas.

I understand that Bigfoot, yeti or almasty are super popular nowadays but we do not render service to folklore when we try to fit every half- forgotten mythical creature into the "big monkey" category, especially since it leads to self defeating circular reasonings such as : (fictitious example) "what if the upir of the ancient Slavic people were actually cryptids instead of gods ?", "what if the gruagach of the Highland was a kind of gigantopithecus ?" ... "Therefore, as we find hairy beasts everywhere, from Russia to Scotland, this is proof that there is probably a yeti hiding below Loch Ness' waves".

Alright, I exaggerate ... but in order to show the drawbacks of mixing up everything out of enthusiasm.

In other words, we should leave folklore to folklore and cryptozoology to cryptozoology. Sometimes, mythical creatures are just mythical creatures. They simply impersonate concepts or spiritual powers. They are not meant to represent actual animals.

Well, to my limited knowledge, the oldest mentions of trolls, in the Icelandic sagas, do not describe them as especially hairy or monkey-like. They are more akin to the "jotunn", or the "giant" race, who were impersonations of the primal forces of nature, which are quite obvious in the rugged and awesome Norwegian landscape. In this respect, the movie is rather faithful to the original myth, especially when it equates trolls with mountains (not furs).

What characterized ancient trolls was their strength and savagery. That's why strongmen, or dangerous madmen, were sometimes described as "trolls" in the old sagas.

I understand that Bigfoot, yeti or almasty are super popular nowadays but we do not render service to folklore when we try to fit every half- forgotten mythical creature into the "big monkey" category, especially since it leads to self defeating circular reasonings such as : (fictitious example) "what if the upir of the ancient Slavic people were actually cryptids instead of gods ?", "what if the gruagach of the Highland was a kind of gigantopithecus ?" ... "Therefore, as we find hairy beasts everywhere, from Russia to Scotland, this is proof that there is probably a yeti hiding below Loch Ness' waves".

Alright, I exaggerate ... but in order to show the drawbacks of mixing up everything out of enthusiasm.

In other words, we should leave folklore to folklore and cryptozoology to cryptozoology. Sometimes, mythical creatures are just mythical creatures. They simply impersonate concepts or spiritual powers. They are not meant to represent actual animals.
'Troll' simply mean monster originally and was a loose term. squid were for example called akkar trolls or 'arrow' trolls. They settled into more recognizable forms later. In Sweden trolls look very human but with pointed ears and cow like tails. In Norway they are ugly, hairy giants much like they are in fantasy novels today. In Denmark they are hunchbacked, ugly little people with big noses and tails but in earlier Danish stories they are more like the Norwegian ones. The descriptions Lars Thomas gave me from his research were exactly like the descriptions given to me by almasty witnesses in the Caucasus.
The early myths are very elemental. The earth was supposed to be formed from the giant yimr and the dwarfen race were supposedly grew from the maggots in his dead flesh. We see this kind of elemental mythology in many cultures to explain all kinds of things and creatures. But when almasty sightings occur near to the boards of Finland, hairy man-beasts are reported (admittedly rarely) are reported from northern Sweden and Finland, and the descriptions from old Danish legends match exactly to eyewitness reports then you have to sit up and take notice.

I agree. Since the postings directly before mine were commenting on hairy manbeasts, that is why I distinguished the rock creature. I personally like the idea of elementals taking on the form of life as rocks, waterfalls, wind, etc. I find that idea intrinsically satisfying. If elementals exist, then when persons from different cultures encounter them, of course the perception will be influenced by that culture and its myths.

...and what is wrong with circular reasoning?!? It saves a lot of time in getting back to one's unwavering viewpoint :) Very economical in thought.

There is a new movie out on Netflix - TROLL. I don't think it's as good as Trollhunter but totally Norwegian and sticks very tightly to the lore, which is pretty interesting. Giant, made of stone, smell Christian blood, etc. The landscape shots are marvelous. Check it out.

I wondered whether that would be worth a watch as I really enjoyed Trollhunter.

There is a new movie out on Netflix - TROLL. I don't think it's as good as Trollhunter but totally Norwegian and sticks very tightly to the lore, which is pretty interesting. Giant, made of stone, smell Christian blood, etc. The landscape shots are marvelous. Check it out.

Just watched it, enjoyable. I'd give it 7/10.

It was a great film. I agree that it was not nearly as good as Trollhunter though and was obviously influenced by it. Have you seen Border? It's a troll film that takes a totally different approach.

I liked Border. Interesting film.

Back