• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dark Cylinder Shape Over Manchester Control Tower

Cylinder shape above Manchester control tower

Votes: 1 50.0%

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Planet Gold

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
5441F776-DA6F-4E4A-9CD3-5FD261013DF4.jpeg

It could be one of those "solar balloons", basically inflated black plastic bags that heat up in the sun and take off like hot air balloons. They come in various shapes, including sausage-shaped.

Manchester air traffic control, can't have been happy with that drifting around in the flight paths.

I don't understand the poll. 2 or 2?

... I’m not sure what the object is above the control tower , balloon I’m not really convinced, anybody else have a idea

Given the shape and timeframe, I'd also say it's most probably a balloon. We've seen such balloons reported as UFO's multiple times over the years.

Sorry I’m new to this , ...

Since you started the thread with a poll, you're the only one who has any chance of modifying or deleting it.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to change a poll after posting the first message in a new thread.

If you want to check the possibilities, click the 'Edit' link on your post #1 above and see if it offers you the option to change or delete the poll.

What's the black line below the control hub?

Looks like someone's been at the image with a Sharpie! Either that or Manchester airport have had some very dodgy guttering work done.

What's the black line below the control hub?

Looks like someone's been at the image with a Sharpie! Either that or Manchester airport have had some very dodgy guttering work done.

It's a line that's been added to the image; it's not part of the ATC tower image. It does look broad enough to be the result of a Sharpie-style pen, but I suspect it was done digitally.

I’m more interested in that line to be honest.
The verticals are off at an angle yet someone has added a line and matched it to the off horizontal angle.

Why?

The Error Level Analysis on this picture is very-odd... http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=5d10ef78aaf07740dc05ae8b9c2635be3d287b25.362555&show=ela

Whilst not being certain this is a first-generation picture, there are odd signs of sharpening and possible cropping around the main control tower.

It is a very 'non-equalised' unnatural image, with curious energy bandings showing in the sky (consistent with some high levels of processing) but the angular lining/boxes are extremely strange. The colourised areas show stong artefacting - but whether incidental or deliberate, they're unusual (nb I am referring entirely to photographic mysteries, not anything else)

The inserted thick line is very-obviously added...ironically, the sausage-bag/balloon looks uninserted/natural, and is one of the least-processed parts of the whole picture.

analysis.php

What a strange image....

It's a line that's been added to the image; it's not part of the ATC tower image. It does look broad enough to be the result of a Sharpie-style pen, but I suspect it was done digitally.

Yes, I suspect you're right - I was being a bit hyperbolic. I think I kind of want to know what it is before I invest any more time in looking at a smudge - otherwise the whole project feels a bit like being asked to consider a ghost cat in the cellar when a phantom elephant is sat on the sofa next to you.

Back