• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

From the advert for Icke's new book:

His most staggering revelation is that the Earth and the collective human mind is manipulated from the Moon, which, he says, is not a ‘heavenly body’, but an artificial construct – a gigantic ‘spacecraft’ (probably a hollowed-out 'planetoid') – which is home to the extraterrestrial group that has been manipulating humanity for aeons.

He describes what he calls the ‘Moon Matrix’, a fake reality broadcast from the Moon which is decoded by the human body/mind in much the same way as portrayed in the Matrix movie trilogy. The Moon Matrix has ‘hacked’ into the human ‘body-computer’ system, he says, and it is feeding us a manipulated sense of self and the world 24/7.

He goes on about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_iZIJD-sMI

Reminds me a bit of Gurdjieff's idea that the moon feeds off human awareness:

Everything living on the Earth, people, animals, plants, is food for the moon…. All movements, actions, and manifestations of people, animals, and plants depend upon the moon and are controlled by the moon…. The mechanical part of our life depends upon the moon, is subject to the moon. If we develop in ourselves consciousness and will, and subject our mechanical life and all our mechanical manifestations to them, we shall escape from the power of the moon.

Ha ha! Well, most of us always thought he was a looney!

Listening to it now. It's a mish-mash of all sorts of stuff - old scientific theories, news, films, books old and new, random stuff trawled up from the internet, ancient legends, tribal myths. Everything is grist to his mill - the picture he creates is made up of the pieces of hundreds of different jigsaws, all hammered together every which way!

Still, he's richer than me, so he must be doing something right! ;)

(I wish he wouldn't keep on referring to yoomans, though.)

rynner2 said:
Listening to it now. It's a mish-mash of all sorts of stuff - old scientific theories, news, films, books old and new, random stuff trawled up from the internet, ancient legends, tribal myths. Everything is grist to his mill - the picture he creates is made up of the pieces of hundreds of different jigsaws, all hammered together every which way!

"I did some research on the Internet and it turns out the moon is fake!"

:roll:

Interesting to see people support him on his website's forum.

ted_bloody_maul said:
For those of you wondering how that spat between David Icke and convicted dvd pirate Chris Constantine aka Gorilla199 panned out here's the latest instalment of pure unadulterated truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9ybdDwFHg

Got to wonder if this Gorilla199 is stupid, idiot or both.
The way he tried to frame David Icke as a Mason was moronic.
He used a obviously photoshopped photo trying to prove David Icke is a Mason.

Did he get the photo from someone or did he try to doctor the photo himself?
:wtf:

The second coming of David Icke: Claiming he was the son of God made him a national joke. So why is America now falling at his feet?
By Tom Leonard
Last updated at 7:57 AM on 28th November 2011

Americans love to hear about the mysteries of the Royal Family and David Icke wasn’t about to disappoint his 2,000-strong audience.
A seemingly innocuous picture of the Queen being greeted at the gates of Westminster Abbey for the royal wedding flashed up on the giant TV screen on the stage behind him.
‘He’s got the inverted pentagon on a circle, the classic symbol of Satanism,’ said Icke, ringing the decoration on one of the clergyman’s robe with his laser pointer. ‘It’s so obvious, I thought it must have been Photoshopped.’

But the devil-worshipper helping to officiate at the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton is apparently the least of the Royal Family’s faults. Later, the screen was filled with a photo of the Queen with slanted eyes, next to an image of a green lizard-man. This shows her Majesty in her true form, Icke explains, as a human-lizard hybrid.
Incredibly, Icke believes that the world is being run by a race of child-sacrificing, shape-shifting, reptilian aliens — and thousands of people seem to believe him.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of David Icke. But while wild claims such as these forced Icke to flee the spotlight 20 years ago — after he declared on a BBC chat show that he was the son of God — his conspiracy theories are now proving lucrative.

Icke, now 59, is, sadly, a man for our times. The messianic figure in the turquoise tracksuit (which supposedly channelled positive energy) was once the most ridiculed man in Britain. But looking at the 2,100 people who had paid £45 a head to listen to him in New York at the weekend, it seems Icke has had the last laugh. :shock:

The audience — many wearing Icke T-shirts, others taking down notes on their phones or posting minute-by-minute updates on Icke fan forums — sat and listened attentively as the former Coventry City footballer spent eight hours railing against U.S. government weapons, the satanic paedophile politicians leeching ‘energy’ from children and, of course, the lizard people and their plot for world domination.

He got a standing ovation and his audience headed back home to switch on their computers and immerse themselves in their world of conspiracy theory sites and chat forums.
No matter how hard they search, they’ll find few stories as unlikely as Icke’s. Goalkeeper for Coventry City before severe arthritis forced him to give up football at just 21, he became one of the BBC’s most high-profile presenters, before being sacked for refusing to pay the poll tax.

He then became a spokesman for the Green Party. By 1990, he was having mystical experiences. A psychic’s claims that Icke would ‘heal the Earth’ were widely reported, while Icke visited a burial ground in Peru — where he said a hill ‘talked’ to him.

His personal life was equally bizarre. He married Linda Atherton in 1974, but had an affair with psychic Deborah Shaw, and moved his mistress into the marital home in 1990 to live in a polygamous ménage à trois.
He subsequently divorced both Atherton and his second wife, Pamela Leigh Richards.

When, in 1991, he announced on Terry Wogan’s BBC1 chat show that he was the son of God and that the world would end in 1997, his own world fell apart.
Dawn-till-dusk lampooning followed and Icke retreated to his Isle of Wight home to develop his outlandish ideas. It also set him free to make far more money than he could have dreamt of staying in the Green Party.

He has written 18 books, published in 40 countries, under such titles as And The Truth Shall Set You Free and Infinite Love Is The Only Truth. His website receives 600,000 hits a week and he has a lucrative sideline selling DVD recordings of his performances for £35 a copy.
He is using his latest sell-out tour — which takes in Australia, the Netherlands, Croatia, a string of dates across the U.S. and a grand finale at Wembley Arena next October — to promote his new book Human Race Get Off Your Knees.

Americans are his biggest fans — it might explain the transatlantic accent Icke now seems to have — and it’s not hard to see why.
They have always been especially susceptible to conspiracy theories, which now constitute a multi-million dollar industry of radio shows and websites in the U.S.
Much of this is founded on a suspicion of people in power. Indeed, in a recent poll, only a quarter of U.S. adults said they trust their government.

So what, apart from a sore rear, does one take away from eight hours with the self-proclaimed son of God?
There’s some New Age waffling about overcoming negativity and humanity’s ‘infinite consciousness’ which cheers up listeners — but rather a lot more which alarms them.
Yet Icke’s scaremongering about a ‘New World Order’ of politicians, Zionists, financiers and secret societies — including the Jesuits, Templars and Freemasons — all plotting together to take over the world, is not all that original.

What’s different is that few of even the most wild-eyed conspiracists believe invisible alien lizard people are calling the shots.
Icke tells people we cannot ‘decode’ the reptilians because, conveniently, they are visible only on a light frequency that humans cannot detect.

Meanwhile, we have been brainwashed so that what we think is reality is only a hologram. Icke’s vision is all eerily reminiscent of the Matrix series of sci-fi films, starring Keanu Reeves, about a man who discovers we are all living in a dream world manufactured by evil supermachines.

He has plenty more of this hokey scientific gobbledygook, together with carefully cherry-picked quotes from scientists and rather longer extracts — which he laboriously reads out — from rather more dubious sources such as science fiction writers, fictional characters and even New York’s most famous serial killer, the ‘Son of Sam’ David Berkowitz.
Icke’s revelations include everything from the fact that the moon was built by aliens to the fact that the Rothschild dynasty of Jewish bankers are responsible for everything from the Russian revolution to the 2008 economic meltdown.

The lizard hybrids Icke believes in include every royal family in Europe, Tony Blair, Barack Obama, Henry Kissinger, Arnold Schwarzenegger and — most mysteriously — the singer Kris Kristofferson.
The list includes plenty of Jews. Although Icke insists he isn’t anti-Semitic but only anti-Zionist, his diatribe against Jewish bankers such as Goldman Sachs and their ‘control of global bloody finance’ has alarming echoes of what the Nazis used to say.

His bombardment of ‘facts’ is so rapid that listeners barely have time to consider if they ring even remotely true. And so he argues that the New World Order is so obsessed with symbolism that it chose to assassinate Princess Diana in Paris’s Pont de l’Alma tunnel. Why? Because Pont de l’Alma means ‘passage of the moon goddess’ and Diana was named after the Roman goddess of the moon.
It sounds good — but it’s tripe: the Pont de l’Alma was named after a Crimean War battle. But who cares, Icke is on to his next revelation: that the reptilians are obsessed with twin towers. The Royal Family get married in Westminster Abbey and St Paul’s which both have twin towers and, yes, that’s why the lizards blew up the Twin Towers on 9/11.

Interviewed last week on a radio show, Icke couldn’t hide his delight that in parts of the world where he has previously ‘talked to a phone box’, he is now filling out 2,000-seat auditoriums.
For anyone who stops sniggering at Planet Icke long enough to think about that, it may not be a laughing matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -feet.html

I think it's kind of sick really. The bloke clearly had a massive mental breakdown years ago and these people are just feeding his psychosis.

drbastard said:
I think it's kind of sick really. The bloke clearly had a massive mental breakdown years ago and these people are just feeding his psychosis.
£45 a head? Crazy like a fox. Or possibly, Fox.

The next Glenn Beck?

I read an article about Icke's talk in the US last week.

I thought the bit about tony blair really being a reptile may be right.

:eek:

I think the Milliband brothers are definitely reptiles, no doubt about that*.

Actually through Stumbleupon yesterday I watched a video of Icke giving a lecture and I found him strangely compelling. Consciously I know he's as mad as a bag of badgers, but I found myself wanting to believe it...

*I've noticed the Labour party all have these strange, slitty, shit-eating eyes

drbastard said:
*I've noticed the Labour party all have these strange, slitty, shit-eating eyes

:lol:
That conjured up a mental picture that won't go away...

To be honest I don't quite see what the problem is with the Millibands. Their faces seem to express a full gamut of emotions and they might not make good poker players. But, the worse thing I can think about to say of Ed Milliband is that he looks a bit like Mr Bean.

As to the Bullingdon Boys, however, they remind me uncomfortably of Autons. Shiny, slightly over-inflated, plastic, mannequins, with faces devoid of all but the most synthetic and insincere of emotions. David Cameron, or George Osborne.

Boris Johnson, on the other hand, looks a bit like a mad and surgically altered, polar bear. One that's been taught to ride a bike. Like something escaped from the Island of Dr Moreau.

To be honest I don't quite see what the problem is with the Millibands. Their faces seem to express a full gamut of emotions and they might not make good poker players. But, the worse thing I can think about to say of Ed Milliband is that he looks a bit like Mr Bean.

Yes, unfortunately I suspect what will sink Ed M is not his complete lack of any policies, but rather the fact that he looks a bit geeky and has a nasally voice. :(

As to the Bullingdon Boys, however, they remind me uncomfortably of Autons. Shiny, slightly over-inflated, plastic, mannequins, with faces devoid of all but the most synthetic and insincere of emotions. David Cameron, or George Osborne.

Cameron's face is quite scarily smooth and expressionless. My guess would be occasional botox treatments. Osborne really does look like the prince of darkness.

Shudder.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
£45 a head?

You can pay over £60 at his big Wembley gig next year!

27 Oct 2012 David Icke - Remember Who You Are

£39.75 - £62.15

David Icke marks his 22nd year of uncovering astounding secrets and suppressed information with his biggest all-day event yet. He will take the manipulation of the human race and the nature of reality to still new depths and levels of understanding and he calls for humanity to rise from its knees and take back the world from the sinister network of families and non-human entities that covertly control us from cradle to grave. David’s new book, 'Remember Who You Are', out in January, 2012, is ground-breaking and life-changing, and the cutting edge is moved by a giant leap. David has indeed moved the global cutting edge so many times since his incredible ‘awakening’ in 1990 and at Wembley Arena, he will do it again -and then some. They used to laugh at David Icke - now they come to hear him in their thousands all over the world. Come and see why. It will change your life.

http://www.wembleyarena.co.uk/artist/david-icke-tickets

- includes 9-minute promo for "Remember Who You Are" -

David Icke said:
We're entering a period of fantastic change!

There is that oft used prase in professional football, all goalkeepers are crazy, now Icke had a relatively short goalkeeping career, curtailed by arthritis, this has me thinking that successful goalkeepers tend to have very long careers, such as David James and Iker Casillas, they are obviously crazier, so what do they believe? Perhaps their theories have advanced so far as to be unrecognisable by mere mortals. These are the tickets we should be buying, David Seaman discussing immortality, Fabian Barthez's take on alchemy, Pat Jennings and the music of the spheres.

This dicussion of DI's moon theory has sparked a childhood memory.

It must have been 1980ish and I had a book from my library on Astronomy, written by some organisation called The Scottish Astronomical Society (which on a cursory look on the web I can't find, so that's probably not quite that name).

It was quite run-of-the-mill, just focused on the science of space and planets. I would guess that it had been published ~1975 (They discussed what happened on the moon missions)

But I distinctly remember reading a bit of a passage on the Moon. They were trying to get across the fact that it was really quite unusual for a planet the size of the Earth to have a Moon so big. The Author had written something along the lines of:

"As moons go, our Moon is big. So big that it has been shown that a computer the size of the moon could run a virtual simulation of the entire universe which is quite a disturbing thought" (me italicising). Which now strikes me as an really odd way of saying 'Gosh, don't we have a big moon.'

Is it possible that someone in the 60/70s had indeed done a back of the envelope calculation regarding such a 'Matrix'-style moon and this little known factoid has somehow been desposited in the Icksters mind, only to resurface later?

True, the idea that moon is artificial is probably reasonably widespread - I'm sure there are plenty of people who have theories about the percieved unnaturalness of our Lunar partner. However this was virtual reality specific. Does anyone else have any memories of such a 'comparison' (or perhaps did I inadvertdely stumble across the truth too in one of the few books that esaped big brothers rewriting of history...)

The only thing that blew my tiny mind when I was a kid was the phrase "The Moon is a dead planet" which I read in an astronomy book. Looks mundane now, but probably a lot more accurate than saying a moon-sized computer could simulate the universe, which sounds like total speculation! Although if I'd read that at a tender age I would have doubtless been amazed as well. Icke was writing his own children's books at the time (about football, not space).

Funny, coincidentally that clip of Icke on the Wogan show in 1991 ("They're not laughing with you... they're laughing at you," and all that) was on the radio last night on the Sounds of the 20th Century programme. He'd rather forget he thought he was the Messiah now, it seems, though he's done better out of it than David Shayler.

The only thing that blew my tiny mind when I was a kid was the phrase "The Moon is a dead planet" which I read in an astronomy book. Looks mundane now, but probably a lot more accurate than saying a moon-sized computer could simulate the universe, which sounds like total speculation!

That's probably why the comment stuck in my mind - even for a 9 year old I thought it was a pretty strange way to essentially make a size comparison/observation.

From my dim and distant memories, computers were a big, big thing in the 70s and everyone seemed fascinated by them - partly because they were completely unaccessible but partly because we really did know, deep down, that they were the future. So perhaps all 70s popular science books had metaphors and discussions on these new-fangled silicon chips to hook the 'kids' in.

Aaah back in those days, to have a computer with 48K of RAM was like having the vista of possibilities made limitless...

DeeDeeTee said:
It must have been 1980ish and I had a book from my library on Astronomy...
It was quite run-of-the-mill, just focused on the science of space and planets. I would guess that it had been published ~1975...

But I distinctly remember reading a bit of a passage on the Moon. They were trying to get across the fact that it was really quite unusual for a planet the size of the Earth to have a Moon so big. The Author had written something along the lines of:

"As moons go, our Moon is big. So big that it has been shown that a computer the size of the moon could run a virtual simulation of the entire universe which is quite a disturbing thought" (me italicising). Which now strikes me as an really odd way of saying 'Gosh, don't we have a big moon.'

Is it possible that someone in the 60/70s had indeed done a back of the envelope calculation regarding such a 'Matrix'-style moon and this little known factoid has somehow been desposited in the Icksters mind, only to resurface later?
I've been following astronomy and computing for most of my life - although admittedly my early knowledge of computing came from 60s SF books and some periferal stuff at uni, so it wasn't until the 80s that I got my hands on even a ZX81!

AFAIK, the idea of computer simulations was pretty basic in those early days, and even now it takes massive computing power just to simulate the collision of two galaxies, so I'm doubtful whether someone in the 70s ever contemplated simulating the entire universe! But if I'm wrong, I'd love to see the evidence! It just doesn't seem like a speculation that someone would mention in a 'run-of-the-mill' astronomy book.

And my other point is that The Matrix, which hugely popularised the idea of simulating whole worlds, did not come out until 1999.

rynner2 said:
And my other point is that The Matrix, which hugely popularised the idea of simulating whole worlds, did not come out until 1999.

Yeah, but there was a Matrix-style simulation in the 1976 Doctor Who story The Deadly Assassin (which was called, er, The Matrix) so the idea had been around for a while, and in popular fiction. It's possible this astronomer was getting carried away with sci-fi ideas he'd read or seen.

There's simulated realities in several Philip K Dick works, e.g. A Maze of Death, and Time Out of Joint, (the latter from 1959).

Yeah, his The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch has a drug-induced, universe-sized simulation that becomes indistinguishable from the real thing.

Ubik pretty much went there as well, which isn;t much of a spoiler as one can see it coming a mile off, esp. for the amount that Dick used that premise.

Pohl's The Tunnel Under The World (1955) went into similar territory, albeit with a sort of 1/16th scale model world rather than actual inside a computer virtual reality.

Yeah, but there was a Matrix-style simulation in the 1976 Doctor Who story The Deadly Assassin (which was called, er, The Matrix)

I'm supposed to say that! :lol:

And don't forget The Thirteenth Floor which came out at the same time as The Matrix, but was based on the book Simulacron 3 by Daniel Galouye who died, oddly enough, in 1976.

I'm beginning to see a conspiracy here.

flamesong said:
Does anybody fancy seeing David Icke on BBC Question Time?

If so, you can sign this petition:

David Icke to appear on Question Time

Er no, putting David Icke on Question Time would be on the same televisual level as putting someone from a mental institution in a pit and having lots of people point and laugh at them.

Or considering the amount of money he's made from all his pronouncements, if it is all an act then you're giving a snake oil salesman an opportunity to go on QVC.

Back