David Icke & His Work

Anome

Bibliomancer
I don't really like Channel 9 or it's presenters much, but I keep hearing stuff about Stefanovic that makes me at least respect him. Certainly more than anyone who has worked on The Footy Show.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Not at all, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and all that. It seems to me Icke has embraced an echo chamber of his own conspiratorial community on the internet which is as rigid about its beliefs as any religious cult, and will not tolerate anyone pointing out any flaws in his arguments, as the report above illustrates.
Yes...when someone gets into a belief system they tend to be very defensive about it.
The same attitude used to pervade the 'Billy' Meier 'cult' a few years back. I used to post on a ufo forum where one of the main Meier proponents came and had some major arguments with us about how we all didn't understand Meier, his 'aliens' were real, and what a great man he was ,,,...It was definitely in the realm of religious fanaticism imo.

graylien

Justified & Ancient
Would that be Michael Horn? I think he showed up on an earlier FTMB but didn't stick around for long.

On another message board he got all aggressive at me and accused me of setting up an extra account just to challenge him.

The older I get, the less I can be bothered to even engage with these sorts of people. I'd rather just look at cats on printers.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Would that be Michael Horn? I think he showed up on an earlier FTMB but didn't stick around for long.

On another message board he got all aggressive at me and accused me of setting up an extra account just to challenge him.

The older I get, the less I can be bothered to even engage with these sorts of people. I'd rather just look at cats on printers.
I sometimes have a look at the David Icke forum and never seen so many closed minds. Every plane crash or terrorist event is denounced as a hoax within minutes of it being announced. There is even a thread claiming that bus crashes are faked by some mysterious agency.

I've been tempted to comment but what's the point?

dr wu

Doctor Prog

Yes....it was indeed Michael Horn...thanks for recalling his name. He was a fanatic about defending everything Meier did or said- even the ridiculous things that clearly showed fakery.
He was arguing with us for days and finally he left when things got out of hand and the mods stepped in.
I'm sure the Meier case has been discussed to death here but I find it a fascinating example of a modern alien contactee case with all the bells and whistles.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

XEPER_

Abominable Snowman
I recently watched a David Icke presentation on Youtube. I was bored and wanted something to watch while eating my beans and toast.
It was surprisingly well argued and got me thinking. I can see how some people believe him - he didn't seem all that mental at all.

MothMaid

Fresh Blood
I recently watched a David Icke presentation on Youtube. I was bored and wanted something to watch while eating my beans and toast.
It was surprisingly well argued and got me thinking. I can see how some people believe him - he didn't seem all that mental at all.
I just saw him speak for six hours (and missed six more!) and was mostly fairly entertained. I was there to write an article, and I certainly wouldn't have stayed as long otherwise, but if it cost 10 bucks to see him, I would have stayed a while.

I think, as an American, the accent helps a bit. American accents are usually more grating. But he's good a likable style and presentation. And it's pure nonsense, but he's got it all fitting together in this artful, loony painting. By the end, I was incredibly exhausted, and most of the crowd that I had seen when I arrived was still there. It was a little eerie.

MothMaid

Fresh Blood
Also, I chatted with Jon Ronson before the Icke thing, and Ronson still doesn't think Icke is mentally ill, or that he's a scam artist. Which sort of limits the answer as to what Icke IS.

PeteByrdie

Privateer in the service of Princess Frideswide
Also, I chatted with Jon Ronson before the Icke thing, and Ronson still doesn't think Icke is mentally ill, or that he's a scam artist. Which sort of limits the answer as to what Icke IS.
Mental illness isn't required for someone to develop a self-supporting delusion. It's pretty much the normal process of human reasoning, to a greater or lesser degree.

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Isn't he the Son of God? Or a very naughty boy :)

dr wu

Doctor Prog
Mental illness isn't required for someone to develop a self-supporting delusion. It's pretty much the normal process of human reasoning, to a greater or lesser degree.
That sounds right to me....he doesn't have to be 'mentally ill' to have some wrong ideas (delusions...) about aliens, etc.
And I'm not sure how Ronson would know for certain that he's not doing this to make a dollar. Are he and Ronson close friends...? If not it wouldn't be that hard to fool others.
But it does amaze me that anyone could truly believe that some humans are shape shifting reptilian aliens....all it would take is a simple dna test to show the truth and it would not be that hard to get dna from some of the people he has singled out.

Last edited:

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
What was Ronson doing at an Icke gig? Is he writing about him too?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I think Ronson's already written about him, hasn't he? I seem to recall a chapter and TV documentary about activists accusing Icke of anti-Semitism and Ronson pointing out that when Icke talked about shape-shifting reptilian aliens, that's what he was actually on about, not code words for the Jews (!).

dr wu

Doctor Prog
The only books by Ronson I read was Them and The Men Who Stare At Goats....has he addressed the ufo fringe in other books...?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
I think the Icke thing was in a compilation of his newspaper articles. He did used to present a late night discussion show featuring those with, er, offbeat takes on the world.

dr wu

Doctor Prog
I think the Icke thing was in a compilation of his newspaper articles. He did used to present a late night discussion show featuring those with, er, offbeat takes on the world.
LOL.....well Icke certainly qualifies as offbeat.
I'm surprised that no one has ever confronted him with the reptilian dna thing before as proof. It would end the issue once and for all unless Icke has some kind of weird answer for it. Maybe the dna only shifts when they become aliens and goes back to human dna again...? :D

paranoid420

The man behind the curtain
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/20...icke-really-blow-the-whistle-on-jimmy-savile/

General consensus seems to be "No". Savile wasn't mentioned in any of his books on the subject, although it's almost certain he knew about it as much as anyone else who worked at the BBC during the 80s did.
Thanks for that I have never read any of his books and have only scanned his site a handful of times (didn't join) and had been led to believe he called Saville a pedo openly for years and no one listened.
I always wondered how he could accuse people of the most evil crime and not get sued. I suspect all the people he named before are all so rich and powerful that they won't sue in order to not give him any publicity. There was a guy in Canada where I lived who sued for defamation. http://yournewswire.com/david-icke-defeat-conspiracy-author-made-to-pay-117000-for-lies/
He better watch it, he's got enough money that someone else may decide they don't like an accusation like that. Boxcar Willies family should sue his ass...

Vardoger

Bring the Beat Back!
Thanks for that I have never read any of his books and have only scanned his site a handful of times (didn't join) and had been led to believe he called Saville a pedo openly for years and no one listened.
I always wondered how he could accuse people of the most evil crime and not get sued. I suspect all the people he named before are all so rich and powerful that they won't sue in order to not give him any publicity. There was a guy in Canada where I lived who sued for defamation. http://yournewswire.com/david-icke-defeat-conspiracy-author-made-to-pay-117000-for-lies/
He better watch it, he's got enough money that someone else may decide they don't like an accusation like that. Boxcar Willies family should sue his ass...
Warman was one of his arch enemies. Warman was accusing Icke of being an anti-semite. Not impossible Icke could have counter sued for defamation, but perhaps it was too close to the truth.

I remember Icke had a web page where most of the elite politicians of the western world was accused of child abuse and pedophilia. Here's a copy of the list(no longer available on davidicke.com):
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/list_of_satanist.htm

Analis

Justified & Ancient
That doesn't mean that he isn't mentally ill. After all, mental illness refers to the 'derailment' of normal mental processes. If Icke really believes what he says, without any evidence grounded in the real world, his delusions would defintiely cross the line between mere belief and mental unbalance.

An objection is that if we were to call mentally ill anybody with a propensity to firmly share strange beliefs, that would include many, many people indeed, and maybe this is what you are refering to. Right, any true believer in a religion, or an ideology, a political system etc... could be defined as mentally unbalanced and disturbed, exhibiting all the typical symptoms, notably being unable to question his beliefs no matter how persuasive the evidence is. But there is a difference between exhibiting this kind of behaviour because one has been indoctrinated from his early childhood, or is submitted daily to mass propaganda, which can affect everybody, and developing similar delusional beliefs on his own, without any or with little incentive, which is the sign of a distinct propensity to develop abberant beliefs.

balding13

Devoted Cultist
That old chestnut again.
Icke has repeatedly denied that he's antisemitic. He genuinely seems to believe in shape-changing giant lizards.
I've seen enough of his videos to know that he's not a bad man. Just a little bit of a nut.
Neo Nazis rebranded themselves in order to claim that they didn't hate anyone, just loved heterosexual, 'Nordic' Caucasians, more than any other racial group.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Neo Nazis rebranded themselves in order to claim that they didn't hate anyone, just loved heterosexual, 'Nordic' Caucasians, more than any other racial group.
So, using that rationale, you're saying that Icke is antisemitic?
From what I've seen, I don't think his personality indicates he's a 'Nazi' or anything like that.
Mind you, I haven't read everything he's ever written. He does have a beef with Zionists, that's true - but Zionists do not represent all Jewish people. Maybe that's where the confusion has arisen?

balding13

Devoted Cultist
So, using that rationale, you're saying that Icke is antisemitic?
From what I've seen, I don't think his personality indicates he's a 'Nazi' or anything like that.
Mind you, I haven't read everything he's ever written. He does have a beef with Zionists, that's true - but Zionists do not represent all Jewish people. Maybe that's where the confusion has arisen?

I've lost track of whether the link that LFS posted on Twitter was included? It definitively cites how Icke clearly made anti semitic comments. Anyway, anti Zionism usually is anti Semitism. The horrific situation that the labour party is in reflects this real problem the left has with Israel and Jews.