• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

I think the Icke thing was in a compilation of his newspaper articles. He did used to present a late night discussion show featuring those with, er, offbeat takes on the world.

I think the Icke thing was in a compilation of his newspaper articles. He did used to present a late night discussion show featuring those with, er, offbeat takes on the world.
LOL.....well Icke certainly qualifies as offbeat.
I'm surprised that no one has ever confronted him with the reptilian dna thing before as proof. It would end the issue once and for all unless Icke has some kind of weird answer for it. Maybe the dna only shifts when they become aliens and goes back to human dna again...? :D

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/20...icke-really-blow-the-whistle-on-jimmy-savile/

General consensus seems to be "No". Savile wasn't mentioned in any of his books on the subject, although it's almost certain he knew about it as much as anyone else who worked at the BBC during the 80s did.

Thanks for that I have never read any of his books and have only scanned his site a handful of times (didn't join) and had been led to believe he called Saville a pedo openly for years and no one listened.
I always wondered how he could accuse people of the most evil crime and not get sued. I suspect all the people he named before are all so rich and powerful that they won't sue in order to not give him any publicity. There was a guy in Canada where I lived who sued for defamation. http://yournewswire.com/david-icke-defeat-conspiracy-author-made-to-pay-117000-for-lies/
He better watch it, he's got enough money that someone else may decide they don't like an accusation like that. Boxcar Willies family should sue his ass...

Thanks for that I have never read any of his books and have only scanned his site a handful of times (didn't join) and had been led to believe he called Saville a pedo openly for years and no one listened.
I always wondered how he could accuse people of the most evil crime and not get sued. I suspect all the people he named before are all so rich and powerful that they won't sue in order to not give him any publicity. There was a guy in Canada where I lived who sued for defamation. http://yournewswire.com/david-icke-defeat-conspiracy-author-made-to-pay-117000-for-lies/
He better watch it, he's got enough money that someone else may decide they don't like an accusation like that. Boxcar Willies family should sue his ass...
Warman was one of his arch enemies. Warman was accusing Icke of being an anti-semite. Not impossible Icke could have counter sued for defamation, but perhaps it was too close to the truth.

I remember Icke had a web page where most of the elite politicians of the western world was accused of child abuse and pedophilia. Here's a copy of the list(no longer available on davidicke.com):
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/list_of_satanist.htm

Mental illness isn't required for someone to develop a self-supporting delusion. It's pretty much the normal process of human reasoning, to a greater or lesser degree.

That doesn't mean that he isn't mentally ill. After all, mental illness refers to the 'derailment' of normal mental processes. If Icke really believes what he says, without any evidence grounded in the real world, his delusions would defintiely cross the line between mere belief and mental unbalance.

An objection is that if we were to call mentally ill anybody with a propensity to firmly share strange beliefs, that would include many, many people indeed, and maybe this is what you are refering to. Right, any true believer in a religion, or an ideology, a political system etc... could be defined as mentally unbalanced and disturbed, exhibiting all the typical symptoms, notably being unable to question his beliefs no matter how persuasive the evidence is. But there is a difference between exhibiting this kind of behaviour because one has been indoctrinated from his early childhood, or is submitted daily to mass propaganda, which can affect everybody, and developing similar delusional beliefs on his own, without any or with little incentive, which is the sign of a distinct propensity to develop abberant beliefs.

That old chestnut again.
Icke has repeatedly denied that he's antisemitic. He genuinely seems to believe in shape-changing giant lizards.
I've seen enough of his videos to know that he's not a bad man. Just a little bit of a nut.

That old chestnut again.
Icke has repeatedly denied that he's antisemitic. He genuinely seems to believe in shape-changing giant lizards.
I've seen enough of his videos to know that he's not a bad man. Just a little bit of a nut.

Neo Nazis rebranded themselves in order to claim that they didn't hate anyone, just loved heterosexual, 'Nordic' Caucasians, more than any other racial group.

Neo Nazis rebranded themselves in order to claim that they didn't hate anyone, just loved heterosexual, 'Nordic' Caucasians, more than any other racial group.
So, using that rationale, you're saying that Icke is antisemitic?
From what I've seen, I don't think his personality indicates he's a 'Nazi' or anything like that.
Mind you, I haven't read everything he's ever written. He does have a beef with Zionists, that's true - but Zionists do not represent all Jewish people. Maybe that's where the confusion has arisen?

So, using that rationale, you're saying that Icke is antisemitic?
From what I've seen, I don't think his personality indicates he's a 'Nazi' or anything like that.
Mind you, I haven't read everything he's ever written. He does have a beef with Zionists, that's true - but Zionists do not represent all Jewish people. Maybe that's where the confusion has arisen?

I've lost track of whether the link that LFS posted on Twitter was included? It definitively cites how Icke clearly made anti semitic comments. Anyway, anti Zionism usually is anti Semitism. The horrific situation that the labour party is in reflects this real problem the left has with Israel and Jews.

I like Icke.

He's a little dull now admittedly. Believes things a little too easily and has lost his questioning mind, I think. But I like where he's coming from and I think his stuff about societal control is spot on. I don't agree with everything he says and hey, let's be frank- he makes money by saying it, but still. I think he's an interesting guy and talks about interesting things. I'm not about to unconditionally and blindly follow him and his ideas just like I wouldn't do that for anyone. I just enjoy his work. In smallish doses. And less and less as time goes by.

I would say that his nearly 5 hour "Ruled by the Gods" lecture that I watched in about 2002 really changed the way I thought about a lot of things and opened my mind to many new ways of looking at things. It was hugely important for me to see and I will always be grateful to him for it.

It's here, crap quality but the sound is workable -

The whole thread is a bit silly since it's about Icke, but I also get a bit perturbed when people start throwing around the old 'anti-semitic' insult whenever someone makes a legitimate comment about Israeli politics or anything related to that ideology.

I also get a bit perturbed when people start throwing around the old 'anti-semitic' insult whenever someone makes a legitimate comment about Israeli politics or anything related to that ideology.

I don't get pertubed. I don't care- because it's a nonsense.

The whole thread is a bit silly since it's about Icke, but I also get a bit perturbed when people start throwing around the old 'anti-semitic' insult whenever someone makes a legitimate comment about Israeli politics or anything related to that ideology.
I don't get pertubed. I don't care- because it's a nonsense.

I'd like to agree.... Pro-zionists who use insults do so because of their inability to adress their opponents' arguments and of the vacuity of their own arguments, and so it is tempting to ignore them. Unfortunately, as simplistic as their doxa is, it is quite sucessfull in the media, and it needs to be countered regularly.
Similarly, it is inappropriate to also call Icke an anti-semite, or even a rampant anti-semite, because of his attacks on bankers and actors of the globalized financial and trading system. They are evils on their own, and they don't need to be equated with Jews to be critiziced (the assimilation could, again, be analysed as the mark of a rampant judeophobic anti-semitism). Icke's analysis of the way they work is quite fine, however off the mark he is when it comes to reptilians (which suggests that his systematic promotion by the media is a tactic to discredit any critic of economic elites and globalization).

That reviewer left two-thirds of the way through: after six hours.

I'll say that judging just from his temperament and persona, I like David Icke. He comes across as affable and keen to persuade you for your own good but content if he comes up short and succeeds merely in making you think and ask questions -- i like that.

What I have difficulty with is his credulity. His prolix presentations are ample evidence that a) he wants his worldview to encompass every possible conspiracy theory out there, and b) everything must be tied to the latest news, current events and popular culture, as if we are always on the cusp of the most epic collapse/revalation -- it's wearying.

Everything you want to know about Icke.......maybe....;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

"
Over the next seven years—in The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001)—he developed his worldview of New Age conspiracism.[9] His endorsement of the anti-Semitic forgery The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in The Robots' Rebellion, combined with Holocaust denial in And the Truth Shall Set You Free, led his publisher to refuse to publish his books, which were self-published thereafter.[10] At the heart of his theories lies the idea that many prominent figures belong to the Babylonian Brotherhood, a group of shapeshifting reptilian humanoids who are propelling humanity toward a global fascist state, or New World Order.[5][11] The reptilians use the rings of Saturn and the Moon, all reptilian constructs, to broadcast our "five-sense prison": an "artificial sense of self and the world" that humans perceive as reality.[12][13]

Michael Barkun has described Icke's position as New Age conspiracism, writing that Icke is the most fluent of the genre.[14] Richard Kahn and Tyson Lewis argue that Icke's reptilian hypothesis may be Swiftian satire, offering a narrative with which ordinary people can question what they see around them.[15] Icke has been described as an "anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist";[16] according to Political Research Associates, his politics are "a mishmash of most of the dominant themes of contemporary neofascism, mixed in with a smattering of topics culled from the U.S. militia movement."

That reviewer left two-thirds of the way through: after six hours.
He does work hard and give value for money, even if he may be full of nonsense.

Oh, for fuck's sake. I'm all for being paranoid about aliens and invasions - as Slartibartfast once said - that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that -
but you can't go around putting your trust in 'Cosmic Truth Vibrations from distant solar systems'. Any source of information should be automatically suspect - even Truth Vibrations.

Especially unsolicited Truth Vibrations from distant solar systems. At best they are some kind of spam.

Back