• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

dunno about right or worng, but if they are, it's by coincidence. his main problem is he blieves everything anyone tells him, which doesn't really get you anywhere. if he could sift stuff for bullshit he'd be doing something useful. great hair though...

his main problem is he believes everything

He seems to have become a conspiracy sponge - everything is connected and everything proves he's right.

and whenever I see him on tv he gives me the feeling I get when confronted by the slightly unhinged......:(

yeah, seems to be a risk run by those with 'big ideas' of any kind, good or bad - monomania. doctors discover some new and genuine treatment, then prescribe it in feverish enthusiasm for absolutely everything - eg the whole awful business of the two guys who 'pioneered' lobotomy ealier this century, or ufologists (who are miguided anyway, but compound it:) ) isnsiting that evry single phenomenon anywhere is down to the venusians. medieval christians too, now i think of it, insisted on religious messages everywhere, 5 woundsin the markings of a flower etc, or maybe that's anthropocentrism, or should it be theocentrism, hm better stop before my eyes cross...

Did anyone watch the 'Conspiracies' series of documentarys on channel 4 earlier on this year?

One featured him and it was really interesting to see that he believes what he is saying one hundred percent. The guy is passionately committed to saving the world from the lizards. It's his life!

When he gives talks (to packed auditoria) he actually talks for about 4 hours and he tours constantly.

I think he's a complete loon but at least his raving is:

1. Interesting if completely nuts
2. From the heart!

1. Interesting if completely nuts
2. From the heart!
so was torquemada:)
but yeah, we do need people like him or else life would be dull, and message boards too

Indeed, I'm all for him and his shell-suits...

Quite whether he's right or wrong is irrelevent as far as I'm concerned.

This is where I write something about the world really needing people to question the way of the universe...and then I decide that all those that do are made to look like they are nuts... and then I come to the conclusion that the David Icke is actually right...and then I go out and buy a shell suit and then...oh dear....

:) :D

Oh dear, indeed... :eek:

Does this happen often, Emmy? Leaving you with a rack of unworn shell-suits ready for Oxfam...

I think that David Icke checked his brain in at the door, leaving a great void to be filled by lizards and others. He does seem terribly serious about it all though...:blah:

I agree with Setab that he's become a "conspiracy sponge" (great description BTW!). When he first went public with his theories, they seemed no more outlandish than the likes of the Mahirishi, and other guru figures. The tabloids had a field day with "TV David goes bonkers" type headlines. Since then, he's gathered up bits and pieces from all sorts of sources, and mashed them up into his own viewpoint.

No matter how demented his theories are, you can tell by by looking at the man that he believes every word of them. Whether this makes him any more barking than my Mum's mad fundamentalist friend who talks to god all the time and believes that everything in the Bible happened as written is a moot point.

Anyhow, suppose, just suppose, that he's right...:eek!!!!:

Well for a start off he confuses reptiles with sauropods :D then compounds the error by saying they want to rule the world. You don't rule a food source :D :D

Oh yes and there is the problem that he's a totally sincere lunatic. If he was right why all the pussyfooting round with disguises?

Lizards, lizards everywhere!!!

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,6761,458001,00.html

This is an edited extract from Them: Adventures With Extremists, by Jon Ronson:

"David became an avid reader of Big Jim Tucker and his magazine, the Spotlight. Blaming the global elitists, in part, for scheming the assault against him in the British media, he researched and wrote two books about the spiderÍs web of secret societies that controlled the planet. He wrote that the global elite are hopelessly drawn to strange rituals, that they run around in robes and burn giant wicker owls at a secret summer camp called Bohemian Grove in the forests north of San Francisco. Henry Kissinger and David Rockefeller are rumoured to be among the berobed.

David came to believe that the global elite were not just stealthily influencing free-trade legislation so as to ease the way for complete global domination; they also operated, out of the White House, a harem of kidnapped and hypnotised underage sex slaves.

Shocked by his findings, he looked to ancient times, hoping to find some validating evidence. He discovered primitive cultures that had carved effigies of lizard-men descending from the skies. He put two and two together. This was the key. The reptilian invaders were the secret rulers of the world. Now he was ready to publish."

Was that it? He looked at a couple of books about the incas?

He clearly was just trying to distance himself some his previous endorsement of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion':

http://www.google.com/search?q=icke+protocols+zion

-Justin.

David Icke bugs me. His theorys are just the latest in a long line of theorys that abdicate all responsibility for the ills of the world. He thinks that everything is the fault of space lizards. The Jehova's Witnesses say that all the bad stuff is caused by satan running the world. Then there's the whole 'New World Order' thing.

The fact is that the world is fucked because we fucked it. And it's only by accepting that fact that we can change it. The more time and effort we spend on finding someone else to blame the longer it will take to fix it.

Cujo

Re: Lizards, lizards everywhere!!!

Justin Anstey said:
Was that it? He looked at a couple of books about the incas?
He probably also had some vague memories of "V" - that silly 80's sci-fi TV series. If you don't remember, it featured an alien race of shape-shifting giant lizards who came all the way to Earth because they were running short of hydrogen to fuel their space-ships, and our planet, unlike all the other planets in the local galactic cluster, is chock full of water (which can be broken down into hydrogen).
Anyway, the lizards take over by disguising themselves as world leaders; they also use humans as a handy food source, along with other Earth animals. One spectacular (for the time) SFX shot showed a lizard (disguised as a georgeous Earth woman) swallowing a disgustingly cute and fluffy kitten - live!
Another thing I remember from the series is a pre-Freddy Robert Englund, as a "good alien" who helps the human resistance.
Don't think it had any burning wicker owls though.

Just to let you all know that you can pick up a shellsuit in your local charity shop for under a fiver....oh dear...

Cujo, I agree that too many people wan to abdicate responsibility for their actions. 'Well, I might as well not vote because all the parties are the same' for instance. Of course if there is a tyrant waiting in the wings (TB) then low voter counts bring the response 'they don't vote, we won't have elections.'

on Icke, I've met several people who're believers/fans of Icke, and it does seem odd that anyone could give credence to his ideas (but then again John Travolta was in 'Battlefield Earth'). Recently a Muslim I met mentioned him, and my eyebrows alomost became one with my hairpiece ;) I mentioned the lizards thing, and he just nodded. Whether he really believed that the Queen Mum is a lizard, or he treated it as a metaphor, or he was being ironic, I can't say. Damned interesting guy though, he knew the 'no jews at work on 911' and 'Diana pregnant with Dodi's baby' stories, and had a few of his own...

Overall though Icke and 'deep conspiracists' are like dogs chasing there own tails (or snakes swallowing there's). The prize of knowledge is an illusion, and the real meat of what goes on in the world is hidden behind the curtain. I believe in action, but it takes some time to work out who to take action against!

David Icke rocks.

Sorry, that's the wrong kinda response. isn't it :s

He's the gwar of forteana - no-one listens to him, no-one takes him seriously, but he makes the world a more colourful place

altho apparently some people do listen to him... and I could've sworn one of the firefighters in footage of the latest US plane disaster had a tail...

The ludicrous are always funny until people start taking them seriously.

This man believes that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a genuine document and not a forgery used as ammunition to defame a race and help pave the way for their attempted annihilation.

Adolf Hitler looked like Charlie Chaplin and John Wayne Gacy dressed as a clown. People laughed at both of them until they started killing people.

Some people add colour and interest to our world - Icke can fall under a frigging bus.

Spook said:
... Some people add colour and interest to our world - Icke can fall under a frigging bus.

Well that would certainly add colour. I loath that drab black tarmac. Hmm, couldn't we convince him that buses are a device for brainwashing people, get him to try and stop a few?

Wrong because... um... it's cack. Not a great arguement, I know, but sometime's it's just true.

Cujo said:
David Icke bugs me. His theorys are just the latest in a long line of theorys that abdicate all responsibility for the ills of the world. He thinks that everything is the fault of space lizards. The Jehova's Witnesses say that all the bad stuff is caused by satan running the world.

If you go to Icke's website, you'll discover that he believes that the Jehovah's Witnesses are also involved in his Meta-Conspiracy.

personally i think mr ickes theorys are abit out there aswell. i believe the illuminati/NWO part but that we are being controlled by a subbtereanean race of intergalactic lizards is taking things a bit far.

Fortis said:
If you go to Icke's website, you'll discover that he believes that the Jehovah's Witnesses are also involved in his Meta-Conspiracy.
Jehovahs Witnesses were also persecuted by the Nazis. Another thing Icke has in common with them. Oh dear...am I beginning to sound obsessed?

he has an open mind...so open anything can crawl in... mind u his detractors seem to be everybit as zelose if the telly prog about them trying to get him banned is anything to go by..

If he is right about the space lizards then I am a gerbil!

luce

lucydru said:
If he is right about the space lizards then I am a gerbil!

luce

If he's right about the lizards you will be :D

It's odd how we can believe all sorts of evil in human beings - without any real evidence, yet we laugh at the idea that aliens live amongst us. Seems to me that either part of Icke's uber-conspiracy could be true. It would take little evidence to convince me of a worldwide conspiracy to bring about a one world government, yet why is it so plausible? Cos the world's in a mess, global politics are confusing and seem to be conducted in secret... Equally this scenario could come about if you employed anally obsessive religios zealots to run the countries of the world ;) After all nothing is really as it seems, we live in the gestalt, and just because most people don't belive in aliens, and wouldn't be able to see them if they were there, doesn't mean they aren't ;)

I voted Yes. I live quite near Princess Michael[sp?] of Kent and I saw her catch flys with her tongue...

Az

dot23 said:
It's odd how we can believe all sorts of evil in human beings - without any real evidence, yet we laugh at the idea that aliens live amongst us
I'd say that we have plenty of real evidence that there is all sorts of evil in human beings.

I believe that part of the problem with people like Icke is that they are actually trying to devolve the human race's responsibilities for it's own actions by inventing a malevolent third party.

Did anyone mention seeing any lizards at the gates of Belsen or in Srebrenica or Rwanda?

Back