• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

I saw it when it was first broadcast. I also watched it all the way through.

I've watched several of his marathon lectures in the past and I do find them strangely interesting, but they are mostly devoid of evidence beyond the wholly circumstantial and a determined effort to take other people's metaphors literally.

I'll probably return to this one tonight. I confess that I fell asleep before the end of it, but that might be more a reflection on me than on the content.

I've watched several of his marathon lectures in the past and I do find them strangely interesting, but they are mostly devoid of evidence beyond the wholly circumstantial and a determined effort to take other people's metaphors literally.

I'll probably return to this one tonight. I confess that I fell asleep before the end of it, but that might be more a reflection on me than on the content.
Yes, devoid of facts. But he gets very intense and becomes quite entertaining, oddly.

I'm not sure you should be disseminating this guy's shite when he's putting lives at risk.

This is a conspiracy sub-forum and I've personally made clear that as far as I can see it's nonsense and devoid of evidence.

Nobody has said that we should go out and destroy 5G masts or walk around as if Covid-19 were not dangerous.

It's the fact that he believes it and is content to publicly state so that is interesting.

A true believer of an opportunist who sees a chance to further his reach?

I was listening to a podcast interview with Malcolm Gladwell tonight and he said he disapproves of no-platforming because it doesn't give a chance for toxic ideas to be challenged. Fair enough, but I don't see a lot of challenging of Icke here, mostly "check this out, it's the stuff THEY don't want you to see!!!?!1!!!"

If it's any consolation I watched a bit of it before switching off, being unable to take the bullshit. The programme could've done with someone knowledgeable to challenge him. Without that, it's just a monologue & diatribe. It's like being preached at by a fundamentalist. The presenter didn't seem to say much at all, leaving him to spout. The trouble with Icke is, whilst he may have some valid points, he brings in so many topics he believes are connected, it becomes an all encompassing conspiracy & paranoia, going from one subject to another. If you accept this then you can believe this..

His theory that 'the 1%' are aiming at a one world government, one global currency for example. Sure - China, the US, Russia, not to mention many others, are going to put aside their minor differences, get together & cosy up..

If it's any consolation I watched a bit of it before switching off, being unable to take the bullshit. The programme could've done with someone knowledgeable to challenge him. Without that, it's just a monologue & diatribe. It's like being preached at by a fundamentalist. The presenter didn't seem to say much at all, leaving him to spout. The trouble with Icke is, whilst he may have some valid points, he brings in so many topics he believes are connected, it becomes an all encompassing conspiracy & paranoia, going from one subject to another. If you accept this then you can believe this..

His theory that 'the 1%' are aiming at a one world government, one global currency for example. Sure - China, the US, Russia, not to mention many others, are going to put aside their minor differences, get together & cosy up..
They don't really need to either a tiny percentage has always owned all the wealth. Nothing to see here. If he just focused on outing the billionaires doing nothing to help the poor rather than Jewish lizards building disease towers I'd actually listen to him.

I bet the signing version is just batshit crazy.

That’s a short one for Icke! Seven hours at his Wembley shows!
That makes him the Led Zeppelin of Conspiracists then.

I assume he was going to cover why so many people are in hospital - with even the PM in intensive care - from a fake virus!
I've listened to a bit more - and of course, it's 5G weakening our cells. That's what's really going on here, not a virus.

I assume staying indoors most of the day is protecting me from the rays though!

Don't knock Alex, apart from the One show she works at a local hospital in her spare time, as an emetic.

I can't work out whether this is an ace two-level joke that I'm not getting, or Autocorrect at play.

maximus otter

I can't work out whether this is an ace two-level joke that I'm not getting, or Autocorrect at play.

maximus otter
alex jones 1.JPG
alex jones 2.JPG

YouTube just wholesale deleting and barring/banning anything and everyone that doesn't totally fall in line with the world governments views of what is true and correct about covid-19, even when/where the worlds governments own info/advice/science is wrong or misleading.
Nice of YouTube to so thoroughly endorse free speech.
I can't say I agree with what David Icke has to say but I 100% defend his right to say it.
If YouTube want to police it, well it is their channel so it's probably fair, but really it fans the flames of the conspiracy theorists "Look he must be right - they're banning him!"
I would rather see them allow it to continue but attach some kind of warning to it along the lines of "This is just the personal views and opinions of the person posting this content and YouTube does not endorse these views", and let all the grown adults make their own minds up.
But it would seem we aren't treated like grown adults are we?

*Political reference/link removed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Unfortunately I feel like my post has strayed into political comment which I didn't intend it to be, but I must say that YouTube appears to be massively employing double-standards.

*Politics snipped*

I do kind of agree with you, Trev. If someone's opinion, however 'unusual', is there to see, then people can look at it and judge it. But is there a point where you do have to draw a line? I think there probably is, because surely we can all think of something we don't want to see on youtube. But it's difficult to know where to draw the line and people are always going to dispute where the line should be. I guess YouTube are taking some responsibility for what's posted on their site (for once?). And it's their site and they've made their decision. If one wants to see David Icke I imagine he has his own website, so he's not exactly denied a place to air his views by that decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Unfortunately I feel like my post has strayed into political comment which I didn't intend it to be, but I must say that YouTube appears to be massively employing double-standards.

Yes, I'm afraid I've mercilessly censored it and removed other members' responses.

I completely understand why the comments were made, but in the interest of strict impartiality--and out of a pragmatic desire not to tempt fate--we're not going to discuss the flaws and virtues of the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., or those of his appointees.

Sorry.

Yes, I'm afraid I've mercilessly censored it and removed other members' responses.

I completely understand why the comments were made, but in the interest of strict impartiality--and out of a pragmatic desire not to tempt fate--we're not going to discuss the flaws and virtues of the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., or those of his appointees.

Sorry.

Totally understood. I thought I was 50/50 with that TBH.
Still I guess it's not like the historical archives are going to forget any of what we've discussed there, LOL.

YouTube just wholesale deleting and barring/banning anything and everyone that doesn't totally fall in line with the world governments views of what is true and correct about covid-19, even when/where the worlds governments own info/advice/science is wrong or misleading.
Nice of YouTube to so thoroughly endorse free speech.
I can't say I agree with what David Icke has to say but I 100% defend his right to say it.
If YouTube want to police it, well it is their channel so it's probably fair, but really it fans the flames of the conspiracy theorists "Look he must be right - they're banning him!"
I would rather see them allow it to continue but attach some kind of warning to it along the lines of "This is just the personal views and opinions of the person posting this content and YouTube does not endorse these views", and let all the grown adults make their own minds up.

*Political reference/link removed*

To the best of my knowledge I've never met a "grown adult".

It would be nice, but when a certain percentage of those 'grown adults' are prepared to go out and threaten engineers and burn down mobile phone masts, just at a time when the mobile network is needed most, then no, I'm afraid we can't.

I just wish they would ban all the lunatics from the podcasts.
I just settle down to drift off to a podcast when I hear some banshee squealing about trans dimensional 6ft owls who are flying ufo’s disguised as cryptids masquerading as poltergeist.
I blame care in the community.

Back