• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

David Icke & His Work

I just wish they would ban all the lunatics from the podcasts.
I just settle down to drift off to a podcast when I hear some banshee squealing about trans dimensional 6ft owls who are flying ufo’s disguised as cryptids masquerading as poltergeist.
I blame care in the community.

I don't listen to most "Fortean" podcasts for this reason.

Question : After how many generations of living on Earth can alien reptilian shapeshifters stop being called "alien" and become "nth-generation Reptilian-Americans"?

2020 is turning around. I think this turd finally went too far.

Some are saying the ban is permanent due to COVID misinformation. :rofl::chuckle::clap::nods:
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 6.14.22 PM.png

Edit: Here's the news piece
Twitter bans David Icke over Covid misinformation - BBC News https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54804240

Last edited:
I just wish they would ban all the lunatics from the podcasts.
I just settle down to drift off to a podcast when I hear some banshee squealing about trans dimensional 6ft owls who are flying ufo’s disguised as cryptids masquerading as poltergeist.
I blame care in the community.

Wow, that makes me - as someone who has a diagnosed and treated mental health condition ('depressive disorder NOS' to be exact) - feel very welcome. I am cared for in my community as there is no other option apart from pressing the personal red button

I am probably being over-sensitive at the moment, given the general sh**tiness that 2020 has turned into but I feel that it's perennially open season on people who have a dysfunction of brain chemicals/functioning sometimes.

I also note your post was made months ago, and this is not a personal attack - just a plea to everyone to remember that many of us here suffer from the illnesses so lightly labelled, for comic effect.

Lunatic, mental, psycho, 'care in the community case', nutter... anyone have any more to add? They have the same effect as the words spaz, crip, mong - or they do to me anyway.

But if you're really after a bit of Icke you can continue to see his 'work' on BrandNewTube.

But how is he going to rescue us all from becoming 'sheeple' now?

Yes apparently the ban is permanent and it was brought on by spreading Covid disinformation.

I've been subscribed to his Twitter account for some time. You may assume that I am not an acolyte of his, but I like to know what people are saying and thinking--especially those with whom I disagree.

It's fair to say that it has been a relentless stream of nonsense about Coronavirus as a method of societal control for most of this year, but, honestly, I don't see why his talking nonsense on the Internet should result in his being gagged.

Which is to say, an awful lot of people spout nonsense on Twitter without sanction. Part of that is related to the respective size of audiences, but another part is that Twitter 'picks its causes'. You may think that in this instance they have a solid case (I don't, but you might), but I guarantee you that an issue about which you personally hold strong views will loom into view before very long. I, personally, do not want TechGiants deciding the issues on which I can and cannot dissent from the general consensus.

It's bad enough when democratically elected governments start doing it; unelected megacorps have even less reason to defend my ability to speak my mind.

If David Icke's speech breaks the law, then an injunction and/or a conviction should be sought. We cannot and should not be gagging people to protect idiots from themselves. If the harm overspills the weak of thought (as with anti-vaccines and anti-science in general), then our governments should grasp the nettle and address it, not the bien-pensants of Silicone Valley.

I've been subscribed to his Twitter account for some time. You may assume that I am not an acolyte of his, but I like to know what people are saying and thinking--especially those with whom I disagree.

It's fair to say that it has been a relentless stream of nonsense about Coronavirus as a method of societal control for most of this year, but, honestly, I don't see why his talking nonsense on the Internet should result in his being gagged.

Which is to say, an awful lot of people spout nonsense on Twitter without sanction. Part of that is related to the respective size of audiences, but another part is that Twitter 'picks its causes'. You may think that in this instance they have a solid case (I don't, but you might), but I guarantee you that an issue about which you personally hold strong views will loom into view before very long. I, personally, do not want TechGiants deciding the issues on which I can and cannot dissent from the general consensus.

It's bad enough when democratically elected governments start doing it; unelected megacorps have even less reason to defend my ability to speak my mind.

If David Icke's speech breaks the law, then an injunction and/or a conviction should be sought. We cannot and should not be gagging people to protect idiots from themselves. If the harm overspills the weak of thought (as with anti-vaccines and anti-science in general), then our governments should grasp the nettle and address it, not the bien-pensants of Silicone Valley.
This ban has led me directly to brandnewtube as recommended above to see what he is saying.

as recommended above
I'm not sure I was 'recommending'.....more just pointing out that his content was available there.
I don't have much time for his, er, ouvre but I will 100% defend his right to have his say.
It is ridiculous that some (lots of) places are censoring his viewpoint, but I think history teaches us that as soon as you try to ban or censor someone it just makes them more popular.

It is ridiculous that some (lots of) places are censoring his viewpoint, but I think history teaches us that as soon as you try to ban or censor someone it just makes them more popular.
It can also create the suspicion that the reason for banning is because what they're saying may be true. :pop:

It can also take a platform away from a twat.
People have short attention spans. If it's on Twitter/YouTube etc. then people will listen and pay attention.
Take away that platform and some (true) will cry "gagging!". Most people will forget all about him.
'Tis the way of fame. It is transient. And going on Social Media, rather than through serious, peer-review or expensive publishing is nothing to do with content but exposure. Fame.

There are plenty of twats about, but should they be denied a platform because some people think they are twats?
Those people don't have to watch the twat's content.

I think mostly people are fairly well able to make up their own minds (whether that be good or bad) about someones beliefs.
Just because some one has a point of view doesn't mean they're right (or wrong).
That's probably why we have 'speakers corner' and there are plenty of nutjobs there.
I don't think it's right to prevent them from being able to speak their mind, especially if they're not hurting anyone.

Follow the money innit? The people in control of social media platforms are probably more concerned about their advertising revenue and how that could be negatively affected if they appear to show support for 'fringe' theories.

But is the platform influencing thought? Are they saying that Icke is the wrong thing but are acknowledging that social media influences minds?

Banning things does tend to make me search them out. What ideas are so subversive that we need to be protected from them before we can judge for ourselves?

Of course I may not search David Icke out because |I just don't care. But brandnewtube...hmmm.

Can you NOT tell the difference between subversive ideas and insane shite?

After this week, with so many people thinking it's perfectly OK to allow rampant lies and misinformation to rule, I'm keen to give up. It's been rather convincingly demonstrated that critical thinking has failed for about half the population. They are ill-equipt to tell truth from fiction, reality from fantasy and judge a reasonable course of action that affects their very lives. And, they vote. A functioning society cannot exist under conditions like this. It's not a good look for 21st-century humanity.

Can you NOT tell the difference between subversive ideas and insane shite?

After this week, with so many people thinking it's perfectly OK to allow rampant lies and misinformation to rule, I'm keen to give up. It's been rather convincingly demonstrated that critical thinking has failed for about half the population. They are ill-equipt to tell truth from fiction, reality from fantasy and judge a reasonable course of action that affects their very lives. And, they vote. A functioning society cannot exist under conditions like this. It's not a good look for 21st-century humanity.
Sorry Sharon, I was being sarcastic about the subversive comment.

Sorry Sharon, I was being sarcastic about the subversive comment.
I was speaking to others in this thread as well. I only HOPE they are being sarcastic. But the worst of Forteanism is naivete about how easily influenced an individual or the rest of the population can be. Not everyone has the foundation to judge good ideas from bad. In the case of COVID - misinformation DOES harm many others. To flippantly suggest it's just "nonsense" or harmless, like lizard people, is absurd.

I do agree that Twitter rules are arbitrary crap. There are hundreds of accounts that deserve to have been booted for threats, calls to violence, and harmful misinformation.

Last edited by a moderator:
...critical thinking has failed for about half the population. They are ill-equipt to tell truth from fiction, reality from fantasy and judge a reasonable course of action that affects their very lives. And, they vote. A functioning society cannot exist under conditions like this.

l agree. Anyone who doesn’t agree with my views should be...re-educated.

You do agree, don’t you?

maximus otter

Back