• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Agreed. I think Paulides has a touch of the Harry Price about him, in that he fervently believes so wants others to, and will.. shall we say... help things along a bit. He also has a touch of the Beckjords in that he sees evidence everywhere. He'll expand (consciously or not) his criteria to find correlations, and therefore includes almost any superficially similar case. Not to detract from the core, prominent ones, but a number are ambiguous in the extreme.
Also there's just SOOO many things listed that fact checking every single case is too much. But... on the other hand, every case I have fact checked he's gotten wrong. Usually in ways that make the accurate account less mysterious. If the details he gets wrong were inconsequential it'd be unimportant, but the things he gets wrong are major.

I've bumped into this title a few times in recent days.

Are these books actual continuous narratives or alphabetical/themed compendia/gazetteers?

By way of answering my own question, I've just watched this enjoyable overview. Although I could pick at various statements he makes, it gave me the basics pretty well.

I've had an interest in the Missing 411 books but have also stumbled across a Reddit thread where an experienced search & rescue guy debunks the whole thing fairly convincingly. It's here if you're interested: ...scroll down a little bit

Just to preserve the key point-counterpoint:

Supposed Common factors in allegedly mysterious disappearances:
People are missing or found near creeks, rivers -There is a geographical clustering of disspearances -Bad weather usually occurs just as the search party gets under way -Swamps and briar patches play a role in the disappearances -Many disppearances occur in the late afternoon -If a person is later found, they usually are unable or unwilling to remember what happened to them. -The missing are often found in places that were previously searched -Berries are somehow related to the disappearances.

Rebuttal:
Sure. I already mentioned the water thing, so the next point as the OP lists it is geographical clusters of disappearances. If you look at the maps of these "geographical clusters, they just happen to align with remote yet rather popular hiking and camping spots. Like, in National Parks, you have some areas where it's almost impossible to get lost in because they're all paved and extremely clearly marked. Then you have a lot of areas that have extremely low traffic because they're remote and difficult to get through. There's this middle ground where a lot of people go, they're accessible enough that people without wilderness skills head out there, and are relatively high traffic. Of course there are a high number of disappearances in those locations relative to other areas.

Bad weather occurring can be for a couple of reasons. In a lot of parks at higher elevations especially, brief storms blow in more afternoons than not. It also means that we're more likely to find the subject deceased, because you can get hypothermia remarkably quickly (even in the summer). Time is really of the essence in SAR operations, and bad weather that delays or hinders a search is not good for the subject. Since a big part of Paulides' profile is basically "there's no coherent narrative of the time missing," a dead subject is going to fit the profile better because they're not able to explain how they got there. Bad weather that isn't quite bad enough to delay the search also hinders visibility and can wash away scent, rendering tracking dogs less effective. This increases the chance that we'll miss an unresponsive subject, who then later might be found in an area that was searched (which fits another part of his profile).

And speaking of that point...there are 2-3 explanations for subjects being found in areas that were searched. For one thing, it isn't always true. Patches of search areas get missed due to mapping errors, teams getting called in for the day and IC not sending another team to cover the missed area right away, etc. For another thing, we search in grids. The size of the grid is determined by the terrain and conditions (when creating your search plan, you basically try to balance covering a lot of ground with keeping the grid fine enough that you'll probably find them if they're in the area). Especially in areas with heavy underbrush, it's fairly easy to miss an unresponsive subject who crawled into a sheltered area and passed away because it's impossible to cover literally every inch of ground. We're talking massive areas here. Even with dog teams, wind changes and terrain features can prevent a dog from pinpointing a scent.

Finally, if it's a massive search then the subject will probably run into searchers if they're still alive and mobile, but some searches start out pretty small and people very often keep moving (this is not a good idea in most situations; just sit down and wait for us if you get lost). They wind up walking in circles and cross back into areas that were already cleared. If there are only a couple dozen searchers in the field and it's a remote area, it's possible to miss each other.

Briars, swamps and berries are all common enough that it's basically like saying "most murders are committed in houses that have cars parked nearby." It's absolutely meaningless.

Disappearances in late afternoon are also a sticky thing because from what I've seen, he goes by the time the person is reported missing. Of course that's normally in the late afternoon, because that's when people really start noticing their loved ones aren't back from a day hike or whatever. Most of my search callouts of all kinds come between 6-11 PM.

The part about them not being able to remember also has a few explanations. One, he obviously discards any cases where they can remember, because their stories make sense. Two, dehydration, fear and exposure can make you very weak and even hallucinate in a sort of fever dream way. Three, many of these cases where people were recovered alive are small children, who aren't great at telling coherent narratives and separating fact from fiction even when they haven't been lost in the woods for some time. Most of the cases I've been on that fit other areas of the profile can remember their stories just fine, so of course they aren't included in his data. ;)

Last edited:
We're talking massive areas here. Even with dog teams, wind changes and terrain features can prevent a dog from pinpointing a scent.
One specific example was a child who was found dead on top of a cliff. The dog teams had gotten a scent in the area, but couldn't climb the cliff, and ultimately NONE of the search teams actually climbed to the top where the boy was later found.

Having spent considerable time in various national parks and similar places, and having known some of the rangers well over the years, I must say I am very skeptical of Paulides and his work. Certainly his personal background is relevant to the discussion, especially since he makes much of his having been a police officer and criminal investigator. From what I have been able to gather about that, well, it does nothing to change my skepticism. I would not hire him for any position. His book marketing scheme is worth noting as well.
I'm bumping this because I think it's astonishing that no one talks about Paulides' actual history in law enforcement. It isn't good. Isn't that relevant to the content of his books, especially given the questionable nature of his claims? Not to mention the questionable nature of his book marketing.

Here is something else I posted elsewhere several years ago:

Anyone who has spent much time around national parks or the tourist biz knows we don't need some sinister conspiracy to explain the sort of the "stonewalling" I've read about. People die skiing all the time, but unless they are famous or someone you know, you are not likely to hear about it. I suppose you could say the ski (tourist) industry conspires with the media and even state government agencies to keep it quiet, for obvious reasons. Scaring tourists is really bad for business. The Hantavirus scare was devastating to the tour industry, and not just in the southwest. 9-11 nearly finished it off several years later.

The search and rescue outfit in Grand County (Moab), Utah has a web site where they have archived about ten years worth of incident reports. It's called "Silt Happens," and a quick web search will get you there. Grand County is quite large, and includes many parks, canyons, abandoned mines and a wild stretch of the Colorado River. Reading the incident reports is a great way to learn how to behave in the desert, how to prepare, and what to do if things go wrong. It also gets kind of depressing. People do the stupidest shit. Just the stories of lost Boy Scouts and the bonehead behavior of the "adults" in charge is enough to make you think the world has gone nuts.

I don't doubt that some of the weird stories are true, but I would have to see more specific evidence before buying into any sort of conspiracy surrounding them. People disappear in cities, off ships, pretty much anywhere people go.

That Utah site is apparently no longer in existence. That's unfortunate, because it was chock full of interesting stories, many with happy endings but always instructive. Here's a link to a PDF with some of it, but not in a friendly format. I'll see if I can find something better from the Wayback Machine. It's worth reading for someone who has never been to any of the vast parks or wilderness areas like the ones in the US.
https://www.grandcountyutah.net/Archive/ViewFile/Item/65

Link to a 2017 article on the subject of disappearances in US National Parks.

https://theculturetrip.com/north-am...so-many-people-disappear-from-national-parks/

Highlights:

• "Over 1,000" Americans have disappeared since the National Park Service was set up in 1916. (No mention of non-Americans visitors disappearing!)
My comment: The expression "over a thousand" in sensational journalism implies not many more than 1,000, otherwise they would write "Nearly 1,100." Of course I would not expect uniform distribution, but 1,000 over 100 years is 10 a year, or less than 1 a month.

Wikipedia says there are currently 62 national parks in the US, distributed over 29 states as well as some US territories. The combined area of all the national parks is around 211,000 square kilometres. In 2017, there were 84 million visitors.

For comparison, the United Kingdom has an area of 242,495 sq km, a population of 68 million. UK police estimate there are around 16,000 people at any one time who have "disappeared" and have been missing for a year or more.

The figures speak for themselves.

• "Many of the disappearances were near berry patches or boulders."
My comment: Berry patches and boulders are things that you find in the wilderness. Berry patches and distinctive large boulders or groups of boulders are likely places for people to choose to rest, picnic, camp or play. "Many disappearances being near berry patches or boulders" is about as surprising as many road accidents happening near to junctions.

• "What does Paulides think happened? He is a believer in Bigfoot, a hybrid between a human and a black bear..."
My comment: "Hybrid"?! Does the writer even know what a hybrid is? Is it the off spring of a male bear and a female human, or vice versa? Even Catherine the Great was never accused of that!

Paulides has a website that deals with his Bigfoot, erm, research. Among other things. Here is the page called Director's Message. I see he is still touting the Dr. Melba Ketchum shitshow. He was canned (or allowed to resign) from his job as a cop for some serious breaches of ethics, if not fiduciary responsibility. Why is anyone still paying attention to the loon?

I see he is still touting the Dr. Melba Ketchum shitshow. He was canned (or allowed to resign) from his job
As said above, he will desperately incorporate any 'evidence' which could vaguely endorse his ideas. Though if he's citing Ketchum (gribble though it may be), how does he square her 'novel hominid' conclusion with his..erm.. human / bear hybrid idea?

Paulides has a website that deals with his Bigfoot, erm, research. Among other things. Here is the page called Director's Message. I see he is still touting the Dr. Melba Ketchum shitshow. He was canned (or allowed to resign) from his job as a cop for some serious breaches of ethics, if not fiduciary responsibility. Why is anyone still paying attention to the loon?

He's highlighted many strange disappearances and if anything people will be more cautious and better prepared going into the wilds after reading his books.

I get he is misguided, but I wonder why the kicking he's currently getting on here? I don't see the difference between him and people looking for the lock ness monster or using ghost boxes to communicate with the dead.

I get he is misguided, but I wonder why the kicking he's currently getting on here?
I'm not kicking him per se - if you have a theory it's easy to get carried away, and I don't doubt his motives are sound - however I think as with many investigators he's now seeing the patterns he expects to see. As I've said on this thread, the episodes themselves, particularly the early ones are compelling and strange and highly worthy of analysis, but as he's gone on Paulides has started grasping at any incident as being within the scope even if they're not all that inexplicable. As has been pointed out many forest and mountain trails are treacherous and once you're more than ten feet from the trail you're effectively invisible. Slip off a ledge whilst hiking alone into thick brush 20 feet below and you're lost, with no need to invoke human/bear hybrids.

That's what I'm criticising.

...As has been pointed out many forest and mountain trails are treacherous and once you're more than ten feet from the trail you're effectively invisible. Slip off a ledge whilst hiking alone into thick brush 20 feet below and you're lost, with no need to invoke human/bear hybrids...

I suspect that we would all question anyone who tried to tie deaths in car crashes, or from alcoholism - or, for that matter anything from mountaineering accidents to meth lab explosions - to some sort of external paranormal interference; certainly if the individual involved seemed to be using the majority of the sample to back up their claim.

But, to my mind, this is precisely what Paulides is doing: taking a particular type of environment, completely sidelining the fundamental and omnipresent hazards involved, and applying an external cause. (Example: This person died, not because they weren't wearing a seatbelt and they were thrown through the vehicle window after hitting a wall at 70 mph - but because aliens used a big hoover to suck them out of the car. In some cases - many in fact - it's as utterly dense as that.)

Absolutely without question there certainly are some very mysterious incidents - you don't need to have even seen any of the 411 stuff to know that - but, in Paulides case, he seems determined to bury the mystery under mountains and mountains of chaff.

In a situation like this, a good investigator will examine as many individual examples from a statistical population as they can. But, if they use the fact that an individual example is part of a statistical population as evidence in and of itself, then they've stopped being an investigator.

He's highlighted many strange disappearances and if anything people will be more cautious and better prepared going into the wilds after reading his books.

I get he is misguided, but I wonder why the kicking he's currently getting on here? I don't see the difference between him and people looking for the lock ness monster or using ghost boxes to communicate with the dead.
Short answer: He misrepresents the data, misrepresents his background, and attempts to sensationalize his gross misrepresentation of individual "cases". He's a flake peddling lies.

Here is a much longer answer:
https://www.amazon.com/review/R17M0...ad=Tx25GXIYGHL42A9&store=books#wasThisHelpful

I was just reading this revisit of the sad missing person case of Nóra Quoirin in Malaysia; I noted how some of Paulides' traits were present:
  • Subject had mental handicap.
  • Subject was found naked and clothes never discovered.
  • Subject was found in a previously searched area.
  • Subject's family believe foul play; authorities are more inclined to misadventure.
Article:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-53919837

Edit: Paulides has now uploaded a video on the case:

Last edited:
...Subject was found in a previously searched area...

It's not outside the realms of possibility that she may have been hiding from her rescuers. Apparently, in cases where mental health or learning difficulties are involved, or where head injury has affected the thought processes of the victim, it is not uncommon for victims to believe that they are in a lot of trouble - and their rescuers, rather than representing salvation, can actually appear to them as an expression of that trouble. (That doesn't of course explain away any of the other alleged anomalies - and, if it were true, would only add to the tragedy of the case.)

On a general note the 'previously searched area' motif is too often automatically used as a red flag indicator of something mysterious, when in fact it's simply another expression of a process which is not in the least infallible.

It's not an uncommon expectation, certainly in the earlier stages of a search, that a live subject will be mobile. Search patterns tend to be structured along geometrical lines - whereas the lost and disoriented often travel, sometimes quite literally, in circles. Although the grid type search is designed to maximise the potential to intersect with a meandering line, it's not an infallible means of doing so - and there's not really any guarantee that the person being searched for cannot wander back into an area already covered, or even circle back around behind a group of searchers.

It's often implied that an area that has been searched has undergone some sort of permanent process, akin to being painted pink or covered in cement. In the case of live subjects, this is quite clearly a fallacy.

Last edited:
Some excellent points, Spookdaddy. There are many variables at play in a typical search and rescue operation. Often those searches are conducted in areas that are difficult to operate in at best. The level of competence of the searchers varies a great deal. Resources are allocated with the safety of the participants in mind. It's not unusual for a person (usually a person's remains) to eventually turn up in places no one expected them to be, which may have been searched but not very thoroughly.

I ended up going down a rabbit hole the other day, after re-reading that scathing review of Paulides' books I posted a link to above. The author of that piece (which is not without its own flaws) quoted Paulides thus: Michelle Vanek disappeared in Colorado and according to Paulides "something catastrophic happened to Michelle Vanek that no one could have probably survived"!

That piqued my interest. The name of the victim did not ring any bells, but being a Coloradan, I thought it would be interesting to see what I thought about Paulides' assessment. What I found was yet another sad story, the result of a series of bad decisions and garden variety blunders. The sort of thing that kills many people every year. The only thing that's mysterious is where Michelle Vanek ended up. She has never been found, but her last known location is in very rugged country that could probably never be searched with any completeness unless you put a good number of troops there for months. We don't need Bigfoot carrying her off in order to make sense of her disappearance.

One of the interesting things about the search for Michelle Vanek is that after a few days, friends, acquaintences and volunteers of all sorts showed up in surprising numbers. It became the biggest search in Colorado history, according to some news outlets. Soon the local sheriff found himself having to spend most of his time and resources ensuring the safety of the searchers. The last thing anyone wanted was for a member of the search party to go missing. That's a very real possibility in that kind of terrain. To give an idea of what the terrain in the area is like, a few years later a man from Chicago disappeared near there. Twenty-one months later, his remains were found near his tent. At his campsite. Searchers had passed within yards of him, though he was probably already dead by that time.

Another interesting thing I found is that Google has really got the 3D thing working amazingly well in some places. Here's a link to the image of the 14,005 foot peak Vanek was climbing when she disappeared. Her last known position was on the ridge just to the south of the marker. If you zoom in on the rocky field to the left, the area that looks like gravel is actually a field of boulders the size of cars. It gets really interesting if you go into 3D mode and have a look around.
Mount of the Holy Cross

Some excellent points, Spookdaddy. There are many variables at play in a typical search and rescue operation. Often those searches are conducted in areas that are difficult to operate in at best. The level of competence of the searchers varies a great deal. Resources are allocated with the safety of the participants in mind. It's not unusual for a person (usually a person's remains) to eventually turn up in places no one expected them to be, which may have been searched but not very thoroughly.

I ended up going down a rabbit hole the other day, after re-reading that scathing review of Paulides' books I posted a link to above. The author of that piece (which is not without its own flaws) quoted Paulides thus: Michelle Vanek disappeared in Colorado and according to Paulides "something catastrophic happened to Michelle Vanek that no one could have probably survived"!

That piqued my interest. The name of the victim did not ring any bells, but being a Coloradan, I thought it would be interesting to see what I thought about Paulides' assessment. What I found was yet another sad story, the result of a series of bad decisions and garden variety blunders. The sort of thing that kills many people every year. The only thing that's mysterious is where Michelle Vanek ended up. She has never been found, but her last known location is in very rugged country that could probably never be searched with any completeness unless you put a good number of troops there for months. We don't need Bigfoot carrying her off in order to make sense of her disappearance.

One of the interesting things about the search for Michelle Vanek is that after a few days, friends, acquaintences and volunteers of all sorts showed up in surprising numbers. It became the biggest search in Colorado history, according to some news outlets. Soon the local sheriff found himself having to spend most of his time and resources ensuring the safety of the searchers. The last thing anyone wanted was for a member of the search party to go missing. That's a very real possibility in that kind of terrain. To give an idea of what the terrain in the area is like, a few years later a man from Chicago disappeared near there. Twenty-one months later, his remains were found near his tent. At his campsite. Searchers had passed within yards of him, though he was probably already dead by that time.

Another interesting thing I found is that Google has really got the 3D thing working amazingly well in some places. Here's a link to the image of the 14,005 foot peak Vanek was climbing when she disappeared. Her last known position was on the ridge just to the south of the marker. If you zoom in on the rocky field to the left, the area that looks like gravel is actually a field of boulders the size of cars. It gets really interesting if you go into 3D mode and have a look around.
Mount of the Holy Cross

I like the nearby Bowl of Tears.

With reference to my last post - last night I watched the latest episode of the BBC documentary series Reported Missing. Oddly, and completely by coincidence, this last episode covers a scenario not dissimilar to the one I suggested - in this case of a man suffering from paranoid schizophrenia who goes missing (three times, in fact). The complications and frustrations involved in searching for a man who has run away because he feels he is being persecuted by the very authorities tasked with searching for him him can be imagined. Talk about a self fulfilling mindset.

I have a folder of interviews and radio spots done across 2012-13 by David Paulides.

Obviously, there's an awful lot of repetition but also much of interest.

Drop me a message if you'd like to hear them.

Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 00.41.31.png

I haven't heard them all, but guess from the titles which one I listened to first...

Edit: another here.

I have a folder of interviews and radio spots done across 2012-13 by David Paulides.

Obviously, there's an awful lot of repetition but also much of interest.

Drop me a message if you'd like to hear them.

View attachment 29267

I haven't heard them all, but guess from the titles which one I listened to first...
Yeah, the one about people going missing.

This case has just come up in the first Coast to Coast interview. Paulides seemed to be using it as an argument for the parks service to compile/release statistics, so it can be ascertained whether it is part of any pattern. Frankly, whatever the hell went on, it seems to be a one off.

:oops:

Hideous details that may upset:

EVELYN CONSUELA ROSEMANN, DIED OCTOBER 19, 1968, NEVADA FALL, YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CALIFORNIA.

The body of Evelyn Consuela Rosemann, 24, was found by three hikers on the 19th October 1968, 200 feet from the base of the 594 foot high Nevada Falls in Yosemite National Park. Evelyn, whose hometown was San Francisco, worked as a masseuse in the park and had set out on a solo hike three days earlier.

According to investigators, she had somehow "been launched" from the fall or cliff and hadn't jumped and had been found partially undressed. In October, the creek leading to the fall is at a very low water level and would not have been swept away. She had a pair of badly torn, corduroy pants that were pulled down near her ankles and her sweater had been pulled up over her head. Another of Evelyn’s sweaters was lying on a rock near her feet.

The autopsy found the cause of death appeared to be a massive head injury sustained in the fall. Parts of her brain were found on a rock fifty feet from her body. The pathologist discovered she had been sexually assaulted either pre or postmortem with indications of bloodless vaginal lacerations.

A Little More Here:
https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mys...semann-disturbing-deaths-in-us-national-parks

Yithian, don't tell me... "Is sasquatch eating our kids". That would have been my own choice :)

This case has just come up in the first Coast to Coast interview. Paulides seemed to be using it as an argument for the parks service to compile/release statistics, so it can be ascertained whether it is part of any pattern. Frankly, whatever the hell went on, it seems to be a one off.

:oops:

Hideous details that may upset:

EVELYN CONSUELA ROSEMANN, DIED OCTOBER 19, 1968, NEVADA FALL, YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, CALIFORNIA.

The body of Evelyn Consuela Rosemann, 24, was found by three hikers on the 19th October 1968, 200 feet from the base of the 594 foot high Nevada Falls in Yosemite National Park. Evelyn, whose hometown was San Francisco, worked as a masseuse in the park and had set out on a solo hike three days earlier.

According to investigators, she had somehow "been launched" from the fall or cliff and hadn't jumped and had been found partially undressed. In October, the creek leading to the fall is at a very low water level and would not have been swept away. She had a pair of badly torn, corduroy pants that were pulled down near her ankles and her sweater had been pulled up over her head. Another of Evelyn’s sweaters was lying on a rock near her feet.

The autopsy found the cause of death appeared to be a massive head injury sustained in the fall. Parts of her brain were found on a rock fifty feet from her body. The pathologist discovered she had been sexually assaulted either pre or postmortem with indications of bloodless vaginal lacerations.

A Little More Here:
https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mys...semann-disturbing-deaths-in-us-national-parks

Pretty awful that one. :(
But he's actually insinuating this is a mysterious/paranormal case? Sounds like a pretty typical sexual assault and murder to me...

I came across the Strange Outdoors site (the one Yith links to at #48) a few weeks ago when looking into another subject.

There is one particular case of a guy found dead in his tent which will always stay with me - not so much for any mystery involved (his death possibly caused by trail related illness combined with inexperience/unpreparedness), but for the fact that no-one knows who he is, even with very clear photographs of him alive.

Often in cases like this the only image we have of a person is post-mortem, or an impression drawn up by an artist - but this guy is there, up and dressed, large as life; a young, modestly attractive man with friendly eyes and an easy smile. You would think that somebody would miss him - but it makes you realise how many people may have no-one to notice their absence. (There are a couple of images within the article - but several more online.)

I find this case more haunting, more telling about the fragility of existence, the isolation of the individual within a society which by its very definition suggests connection to others, and our individual relationship to the awesome power of nature, than any woo enhanced pseudo-mystery could possibly achieve.

Link to the story here - be aware that there is one pretty unnecessary post-mortem image, although it is not full body and does not show any facial features or obvious decomposition; there are very clear signs of malnutrition - but otherwise it is not at the most horrible end of the too much information spectrum.

I came across the Strange Outdoors site (the one Yith links to at #48) a few weeks ago when looking into another subject.

There is one particular case of a guy found dead in his tent which will always stay with me - not so much for any mystery involved (his death possibly caused by trail related illness combined with inexperience/unpreparedness), but for the fact that no-one knows who he is, even with very clear photographs of him alive.

Often in cases like this the only image we have of a person is post-mortem, or an impression drawn up by an artist - but this guy is there, up and dressed, large as life; a young, modestly attractive man with friendly eyes and an easy smile. You would think that somebody would miss him - but it makes you realise how many people may have no-one to notice their absence. (There are a couple of images within the article - but several more online.)

I find this case more haunting, more telling about the fragility of existence, the isolation of the individual within a society which by its very definition suggests connection to others, and our individual relationship to the awesome power of nature, than any woo enhanced pseudo-mystery could possibly achieve.

Link to the story here - be aware that there is one pretty unnecessary post-mortem image, although it is not full body and does not show any facial features or obvious decomposition; there are very clear signs of malnutrition - but otherwise it is not at the most horrible end of the too much information spectrum.
It's very sad that nobody came forward to identify him. Even a former work colleague should have been able to identify him.
I'm guessing he got ill and couldn't move, so he died of starvation. With all the money he was carrying, it's odd that he didn't lay in some supplies or bring a mobile phone with him.

So...to get down to brass tacks..as they say...what exactly is Paulides postulating? That aliens, bigfoot, and dimensional portals are taking all of these people in his 'strange cases'..? If not then we are left with just unfortunate disappearancess and he is just milking all of this for money.

So...to get down to brass tacks..as they say...what exactly is Paulides postulating? That aliens, bigfoot, and dimensional portals are taking all of these people in his 'strange cases'..? If not then we are left with just unfortunate disappearancess and he is just milking all of this for money.

Despite also being a Bigfoot investigator, he's deliberately pulled back from positing that as a likely cause (from all I've seen), claiming that he doesn't yet have enough evidence to conclude what might constitute one--and that the Parks Service is obstructing his effort to gather more facts.

We just have this 'cluster of factors' that he believes to be present in a disproportionate number of these cases.

Whether one takes that as indicative of either prudence or cunning on Paulides's behalf is largely subjective.

Back