Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
Macaques slap squirrels in the face ..

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Friendly seal at Leigh on Sea

The friendly animal came up to greet swimmers at Bell Wharf beach in Leigh-on-Sea at around 5.30pm Sunday, August 25 having been seen around the area for a number of days.

Tara Lee, 22, a business development manager for a marketing agency, was out in the sea with a friend from Argentina when she came across the seal.

"I was swimming and my friend said ‘There’s a seal behind you!’," she said.

"I thought it was a dog at first, but then it poked its head out of the water and I realised it didn’t have any ears. It swam past us and then it started swimming around.

"It was just swimming under the water and then popping out and saying hello to everyone."

Short video at link

Tribble

Killjoy Boffin
Reaction score
Police officers and staff are being "terrorised" by a family of crows that is nesting at its headquarters.

Essex Police Deputy Chief Constable Pippa Mills warned visitors to the site to "beware" and "keep calm and keep walking" in a tweet about the issue.

She shared a photo of a warning sign which has been put up at Essex Police HQ.

It advises people to "take an alternative route" or "wear a hat or use an umbrella".

The sign urges people to "not act aggressive as they will feel threatened".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-52938259

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Whales gotta breathe ... Humans gotta stay out of the way ...
Breaching whale crashes into boat, sending men overboard

A humpback whale off the New Jersey coast landed on a boat, tossing two men overboard and causing the vessel to become beached.

Witnesses said the whale was breaching Monday off Seaside Park when it collided with the boat, sending two men into the water. ...

The men, who were not injured, were able to climb back onto the boat before it beached, the witnesses said.

Police said beachgoers helped the men secure the boat and retrieve dropped items from the water.

Witnesses said the whale did not appear injured and continued to breach for some time after the crash.
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2020/0...nto-boat-sending-men-overboard/6141591720612/

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Drunken monkey on rampage.

Alcoholic killer monkey leaves one man dead and 250 injured after going on rampage when his booze supply dried up
  • The monkey was formerly the pet of an occultist who fed him hard liquor in India
  • But when his owner died, the booze-dependent imp went on the rampage
  • Named Kalua, he targeted women and girls in particular with his vicious fangs
  • He has now been captured and will spend the rest of his days in a cage at the zoo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-one-man-dead-250-injured-going-rampage.html

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
An apparent clarification is needed on the Killer Kalua story ... According to the Indian article cited by the Daily Mail, Kalua's rampage wasn't recent. He has been held by a zoo for some 3 years now.

The new news is that zoo personnel have apparently given up on trying to rehabilitate Kalua, and they've decided he'll spend the rest of his life in captivity at their zoo.

After several efforts, Kalua was caught and brought to the Kanpur zoo.

"We kept him in isolation for some months and then shifted him to a separate cage. There has been no change in his behaviour and he remains as aggressive as he was. It has been three years since he was brought here, but now it has been decided that he will remain in captivity all his life," said the zoo doctor Mohd Nasir.
https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/india/india-drunk-monkey-to-spend-life-behind-bars-1.1592287077922

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Family rescue bear cub swimming with a plastic jar stuck on its head

From Wisconsin.

Tricia Hurt and her family were fishing when they spotted the animal swimming in the lake and decided to help.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Yellowstone Park visitor approaches within 10 feet of bison multiple times to take snapshots, gets trip to hospital for her trouble ...
Bison gores woman in Yellowstone National Park after multiple close approaches

A bison gored a 72-year-old woman in Yellowstone National Park after she "approached within 10 feet of a bison multiple times to take its photo," according to a National Park Service press release.

The press release said the incident occurred last Thursday evening at the California woman’s campsite at Bridge Bay Campground.

The woman was transported to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center via helicopter after rangers provided immediate care on-site for multiple goring wounds. ...

“The series of events that led to the goring suggest the bison was threatened by being repeatedly approached to within 10 feet,” Yellowstone’s Senior Bison Biologist Chris Geremia said in the press release.

“Bison are wild animals that respond to threats by displaying aggressive behaviors like pawing the ground, snorting, bobbing their head, bellowing, and raising their tail. If that doesn’t make the threat (in this instance it was a person) move away, a threatened bison may charge. To be safe around bison, stay at least 25 yards away, move away if they approach, and run away or find cover if they charge,” Geremia added. ...
SOURCE: https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-new...national-park-after-multiple-close-approaches

feinman

Only human skeptics will be probed..
Reaction score
Macaques slap squirrels in the face ..

Man that's one psychedelic looking squirrel! Wish we had those effervescing round here. Macaques too! That would liven thing up here in Portland --if anyone noticed them

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Dog swallowed 26 golf balls on walk

Neil Taylor had let him off his lead near a golf course as there were no golfers due to Covid-19.

Alfie, a 10-year-old giant Schnauzer, had also scoffed rubber gloves, a ball of string – and “multiple” pieces of wood.

he became poorly and then vomited four balls up in their back garden last month.

A trip to the vet revealed the scale of the problem, requiring surgery.

1593775752160.png

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Do you think hes actualy employed by the vet to keep him in business?