• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

Sounds like it was personal. Why else would the goat leave the EMTs alone?

It seems the Australian livestock are now coordinating:

NSW man flown to hospital after sheep attack
A 43-year-old was flown to hospital suffering suspected spinal injuries in a rare attack, just days after a another man was attacked by a goat.

A man in regional NSW has been flown to hospital with suspected spinal injuries after being attacked by a sheep.

The 43-year-old was viciously struck by the farm animal at a property in Kenebri in the state’s north with paramedics attending the scene at about 9am on Sunday morning.
Shortly after, a rescue helicopter was called in and the man was flown to Tamworth Hospital in a stable condition.
“The patient was at a property at Kenebri when he was rammed by a sheep and subsequently hit a tree and fell quite heavily,” NSW Ambulance acting inspector Rebecca Medd said.
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...k/news-story/eb1d87c2ed00d084e7dece2e08a18805

Animals interrupting animal photographers: long Twitter thread.
1610949109554.png

I'm sure that somewhere on this thread this will have already been posted, but the thread is currently 141 pages long and I'm not going to go through it all looking for a single link. So, just in case someone hasn't seen this before..

In similar vein as "Animals interrupting animal photographers":

Frisky New Zealand parrot

Shagged by a rare parrot—so the poor thing was totally desperate for a date.
Too bad that man's head couldn't lay eggs. There'd be more parrots now.

KoalaAtTheWheel.jpeg

Koala rescued after 5-car pileup on Australian freeway
A koala has been rescued after causing a five-car pileup ...​

... while trying to cross a six-lane freeway in southern Australia.

Police said the crash in heavy Monday morning traffic in the city of Adelaide caused some injuries but no one required an ambulance.

The animal’s rescuer said she got out of her car to investigate what had caused the pileup. Nadia Tugwell ... teamed up with a stranger clutching a blanket in a bid to capture the marsupial. A concrete highway divider had blocked the koala’s crossing.

“The koala was absolutely not damaged in any way,” Tugwell said. “It was very active, but very calm.”

Once the koala was in her trunk, Tugwell drove to a gas station to turn the animal over to wildlife rescuers. In the interim, the koala was able to climb from the trunk into her SUV’s cabin.

“It decided to come to the front toward me, so I said, ‘OK, you stay here. I’ll get out,’” she said.

“It started sitting for a while on the steering wheel: (as if ) saying: ‘let’s go for a drive,’ and that’s when I started taking photos,” she added. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/koala-rescued-5-car-pileup-Australia-30f12bd3932203372c3076f3bfc2caca

At least they were being released...

Chaos as bears turn on crowd after release into wild
An animal release ceremony descended into chaos as six bears being returned to the wild turned on a terrified crowd.
bears.jpg

People were forced to run for their lives when six bears being released back into the wild turned and charged into a crowd of terrified spectators.

The Syrian brown bears, some of whom had been rescued from captivity in people’s homes, had been taken to a site in the mountainous Gara region of northern Iraq.
In a special release ceremony, the bears were lined up inside steel cages on a wall surrounded by a crowd of camera operators, police, armed guards, reporters and onlookers.
Moments after the cages were opened, the panicked bears charged into the crowd.
Alarmed spectators scattered, running to escape the beasts as the ceremony descended into chaos.
https://www.news.com.au/world/middl...d/news-story/e4f8faa19ff6cfaa359db47981b671ba

Cow invades hospital ... Pics / video at the link below ...
Escaped cow charges into hospital waiting room and attacks patients

An escaped cow ran inside a hospital and attacked patients, knocked over chairs and caused general panic. CCTV from the waiting room shows how the animal got inside and started running around, like a bull in a china shop on February 13. A group of people inside ran to a corner for safety but were followed by the cow that then slammed into them. In the video, the cow falls several times allowing some patients to escape, but leaves an injured woman trapped on the floor as two men manage to grab the animal’s lead and pull it away. ...

The bizarre incident occurred in Colombia’s Hospital San Rafael in the municipality of San Luis in the department of Antioquia. ...

FULL STORY: https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/15/esca...l-waiting-room-and-attacks-patients-14085439/

Well, what did they expect?

lf only they could have predicted what might happen. Perhaps, you know, based on exactly the same ****ing thing happening last time:

“This was the third such release by the organisation over the past few years.

In 2018, reporters were attacked by three bears after they were released in the same mountain range.

The bears had been panicked by the surroundings with a large group of people including media crews. Two journalists were injured on the 2018 occasion.”

maximus otter

Many folks have posted about their fears associated with an outhouse / privy. I humbly submit that nothing yet posted on this forum chock full o' WTF-ness comes close to matching this woman's Alaskan outhouse experience ...
Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below

An Alaska woman had the scare of a lifetime when using an outhouse in the backcountry and she was attacked by a bear, from below.

“I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt right as I sat down,” Shannon Stevens told The Associated Press on Thursday. “I jumped up and I screamed when it happened.”

Stevens, her brother Erik and his girlfriend had taken snowmobiles into the wilderness Feb. 13 to stay at his yurt, located about 20 miles northwest of Haines, in southeast Alaska.

Her brother heard the screaming and went out to the outhouse, about 150 feet (45.72 meters) away from the yurt. There, he found Shannon tending to her wound. They at first thought she had been bitten by a squirrel or a mink, or something small. ...

Erik had brought his headlamp with him to see what it was.

“I opened the toilet seat and there’s just a bear face just right there at the level of the toilet seat, just looking right back up through the hole, right at me” ...

“I just shut the lid as fast as I could. I said, ‘There’s a bear down there, we got to get out of here now,’” he said. “And we ran back to the yurt as fast as we could.”

Once safely inside, they treated Shannon with a first aid kit. ...

“It was bleeding, but it wasn’t super bad,” Shannon said.

The next morning, they found bear tracks all over the property, but the bear had left the area. ...

They figure the bear got inside the outhouse through an opening at the bottom of the back door.

“I expect it’s probably not that bad of a little den in the winter,” Shannon said.

Alaska Department of Fish and Game Wildlife Management Biologist Carl Koch suspects it was a black bear based upon photos of the tracks he saw and the fact that a neighbor living about a half-mile away sent him a photo of a black bear on her property two days later. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/alaska-woman-outhouse-bear-attack-61a23fa15190c00e17a07bc152f9dabb

Many folks have posted about their fears associated with an outhouse / privy. I humbly submit that nothing yet posted on this forum chock full o' WTF-ness comes close to matching this woman's Alaskan outhouse experience ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/alaska-woman-outhouse-bear-attack-61a23fa15190c00e17a07bc152f9dabb

Can't blame the bear - how would you like being defecated on?

I'm wondering what sort of toilet it was - must be some sort of box with a seat on top.

Can't blame the bear - how would you like being defecated on?

I'm wondering what sort of toilet it was - must be some sort of box with a seat on top.
It was a honey bucket.

Yogi-toilet-Fortean.jpg

maximus otter

I've heard the expression "crazy as a shithouse rat", but a shithouse bear is too scary to even think about . . .

He was probably trying to read when she blocked the light.

Elephant kills zookeeper with blow from trunk in Spain

Authorities in Spain’s northern Cantabria region are investigating how an elephant killed a worker at a local zoo.

The Cantabrian regional government says 44-year-old Joaquín Gutiérrez died in a hospital on Tuesday, several hours after a female elephant struck him with its trunk while he was cleaning its enclosure at the Cabárceno Nature Park near Santander.

The blow knocked Gutiérrez back and he hit his head against the pen’s bars, officials said.

Gutiérrez had been working with elephants at the zoo for almost 20 years ...

The elephant that struck him had a foot infection and is likely pregnant, Marcano said. She weighs more than 4 metric tons (4.4 tons) . ...

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/article/spain-elephant-kill-zookeeper-with-trunk-371f33e9420a25ef72c60d783dd5070f

Rooster fitted with blade for cockfight kills its owner in India
Bird with knife attached to leg ready to take on opponent inflicts fatal injuries to man’s groin

Yes! Maybe there is a god.

This is a terribly brutal 'sport'. I attended a cockfighting tournament at a Royal Palace in Bali, Indonesia back in the '70s and it's not something I'd ever wish to witness again.

Rynner2 (I miss him!) posted this about 10 years ago:
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...st-and-man-suffers.12552/page-35#post-1008784
It details the woes of a judge whose shoes were stolen by a fox.

Here's the latest on shoe fetishes of wild foxes (includes great audio of fox screams):
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/28/972217816/why-foxes-love-shoes-so-much
"Foxes like shoes: not for fashion, but for fun. They've been known to filch shoes and chew shoes. What's up with this vulpine fetish? What does the fox say?"

Never trust your SUV to your dog ...
Dog driver blamed for crashing owner's Jeep into Wisconsin building

A Jeep crashed into a building in Wisconsin and the incident is being blamed on the inexperience of the vehicle's driver: a dog.

Sturgeon Bay Police said officers responded Wednesday to art museum Pearl of Door County, where a Jeep had crashed into the building. ...

The vehicle's owner told police his Jeep had been parked at a gas station while he went across the street to the Sunflower Bakery, and when he came outside the vehicle had crashed into Pearl.

The owner said his 5-year-old Australian shepherd, Callie, had apparently knocked the shifter out of park and the vehicle rolled into the building.

"It's not every day that a dog drives a Jeep across traffic and right in to your business!" Pearl of Door County said in a Facebook post.

Police said no one was injured in the crash. ...

FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/0...Pearl-of-Door-County-Wisconsin/3851615919124/

Here's a suggestion - why not just switch off the engine when you aren't in the car. Reduce fuel consumption & emissions, stop your dog hijacking your car & affecting insurance costs. Someone else could just get in your car & drive it off. With your dog. He probably won't do it again.

Hmm, that's a thought.

My new car has an electronic handbrake; you pull up on a switch on the console between the seats to set it and press down on the switch to release it. If I park my car, apply the handbrake and turn off the ignition - I wonder if my dog (I don't yet have a dog, but hopefully will be getting one in the next year or so) stepping on the switch would realease the brake and cause the car to possibly roll away? :thought:

Practical experimentation called for..

Hmm, that's a thought.

My new car has an electronic handbrake; you pull up on a switch on the console between the seats to set it and press down on the switch to release it. If I park my car, apply the handbrake and turn off the ignition - I wonder if my dog (I don't yet have a dog, but hopefully will be getting one in the next year or so) stepping on the switch would realease the brake and cause the car to possibly roll away? :thought:

Practical experimentation called for..
I would hope that if, as you say, it is an electronic handbreak, then with the ignition switched off it would disable the button. Have you tried taking the handbreak off with the ignition switched off? Although this could lead to issues if you have have a breakdown or an issue with your battery.

Back