• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

I really want to know what the tortoise would have done had he caught the guy. For some reason, I've got images of the reptile suddenly leaping in the air and kicking him in the chest. Or perhaps the top of his shell opens, and the little alien controlling him rises up in a mechanical chair with a ray gun on top, which disintegrates him.

He's clearly never going to give in though, is he? :D

A porcupine who dug his burrow at an Israeli site rich with ancient treasures unearthed a 1,400-year-old ceramic lamp, the Israeli antiquities authority said Wednesday.

Archaeological "police," on a routine visit to the late Roman and Byzantine site of Horbat Siv in central Israel looking for thieves, noticed a pile of dirt next to the entrance to a burrow.

There they found the lamp. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/israeli-porcupine-unearths-1400-year-old-lamp/ar-AA9ZWHI

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...as-are-on-the-run/?postshare=1101424984191778 ...and various other places around the internet. A couple of llamas, one black, the other white, on the run from authorities. They have since been captured.

The llamas that became a social media sensation running around a Phoenix-area retirement enclave last month are saying goodbye to the spotlight with one last event Saturday.

Kahkneeta (kah-NEE'-tah) and Laney, whose televised dash mesmerized the Internet and Sun City residents, will likely be making their final public appearance at a Phoenix race track, according to owners Bub Bullis and Karen Freund.

The llama drama that spawned jokes and Twitter hashtags also got the attention of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Freund said. ...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/infamous-llamas-bidding-farewell-to-spotlight/ar-AAa8k5x

Takes a poo while it has a bath, too...

No. No we haven't.

WTF! That is amazing.

After a long life spent being kind and compassionate to every animal she met, Margarita Suarez, an animal lover in Merida, Mexico, received an unexpected — and surprising — tribute from the animals when she died.

Family members were stunned when the dogs suddenly appeared at the funeral parlor where Margarita’s body was being kept. Workers at the funeral home denied any knowledge of the animals and said they had never seen them before.

Realizing that the animals had come to pay their respects to Margarita, the staff allowed the dogs to come in and they laid peacefully on the floor near the woman’s coffin. ...

http://www.the-open-mind.com/stray-...-her-life-feeding-them/#.VRxSY9I8VE0.linkedin

How the heck did they know?
Dogs really are smarter than we thought.

My friend's neighbour's dog kept howling the day he died. It became unwell after and died a couple of weeks later.

Took Dex & Mixa to the vet for their annual jabs and checkup yesterday. Relieved as always to be told that apart from being a bit chubby they're in good health.

Then, as we were leaving....

A young lad stood in reception clutching a guinea pig, tears streaming down his face (and his mum's) as the vet told him 'he might not be able to come home with you again.' :(

Took Dex & Mixa to the vet for their annual jabs and checkup yesterday. Relieved as always to be told that apart from being a bit chubby they're in good health.

A young lad stood in reception clutching a guinea pig, tears streaming down his face (and his mum's) as the vet told him 'he might not be able to come home with you again.' :(

:(..

:(

I was riding a bus back in to Falmouth about an hour ago. A big gull was in the road, but he soon scuttled off. As he did so we could see he had something long in his beak. As we passed we realised it was a grey mouse, presumably dead, or else about to be. The driver and I looked at each other with "Did you see that!" expressions.

It was certainly not something I'd ever seen before. Most land gulls seem to be scavengers, stealing pasties, fish and chips, ice cream, or whatever else takes their fancy. (One exception is a gull near me who does a worm charming dance on a particular patch of grass, and he seems to get regular snacks from it.)

Life never fits neatly into compartments. For example, we already have Whale beaching and Earthquake prediction threads... :p

Good lord. Feel free to merge this post wherever applicable....

A nurse cat, helping sick pets at an animal shelter.

Incredible Nurse Cat From Poland Looks After Other Animals At Animal Shelter
536K views

1 day ago by Dovas

Radamenes, an angelic little black cat in Bydgoszcz, Poland, has come through hell and high water to help the animals at the veterinary center there get better. After the veterinary center brought him back from death’s door, he’s returning the favor by cuddling with, massaging and sometimes even cleaning other animals convalescing from their wounds and operations.

Radamenes has become a local attraction, and people have begun visiting him at the center for good luck! Read on for more of his story.

More info: tvnmeteo.tvn24.pl

Radamenes, who survived a respiratory infection, now helps other animals at this Polish shelter get better

He was so sick, the people who brought him thought he would have to be put down

But when the vets heard him purr, they decided to save him

When he miraculously got better, they were surprised to see him start hugging and cleaning other animals

He was especially friendly with animals that’d had serious operations

The vets at the shelter jokingly say he’s a full-time nurse

They call him their mascot

I guess cat’s aren’t so cold after all!

http://www.boredpanda.com/veterinary-nurse-cat-hugs-shelter-animals-radamenes-bydgoszcz-poland/

Back