• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Day Of The Humans: Tales Of Beast Vs Man (And Man Prevails...)

Diver ‘makes friends’ with fish

A diver said he has made friends with a wild small mouth bass who responds to his call and meets him at the same spot. He names it Elvis.

Rex Colubra, from north Wisconsin in the US, gets his unlikely pal to come and find him by making a ‘gulping grunt sound’ with his throat underwater.
The pair met during a dive in September 2021, in a lake Rex does not want to name in order to protect Elvis from fishermen.

‘It was like any other dive I was checking out a new spot and all these fish where coming up to me.

‘I noticed one was sticking closer than the rest, he wasn’t scared. Even when I got out, he stuck close to the surface in the shallows.’

The pair have met multiple times since, with Rex filming their encounters and posting them on dedicated social media pages he has made specifically for Elvis.

In one clip, during their eleventh dive together, Rex can be heard sounding their special call before Elvis comes gliding up to him in just two minutes.
Video at link.
1687257412537.png

Woman has been feeding same family of foxes for 25 years

Sharon Hughes and her eight animals have become a worldwide internet sensation - and she has been feeding the same family of foxes for 25 years in her garden in East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire

Sharon, 56, said: "We are now on the fourth generation of foxes. I remember feeding their great-grandparents.

Speaking to the Sunday Mail, Sharon added the foxes enjoy sausages and sausage rolls every morning at her home.

They are also fed leftovers like pizza, eggs, Chinese takeaways and chicken legs.

"I began posting videos of the foxes being fed a few years ago and I now get messages from all over the world.
"No food goes in the bin when they are about, that’s for sure.”

The animals have their den in the nearby woods and gather in the garden as soon as Sharon shouts to them.

Sharon also has three cats but they get on well with the foxes.
1688389432313.png
1688389481907.png

video at link

Youtube video and commentary (in Czech) about a herd of cows run over on the highway:

Harmsworth, Alfred, Lord Northcliffe (English newspaper magnate, 1865–1922). One day at a seaside resort, Northcliffe wantonly struck down a seagull with his stick and beat it to death on the sand.

Mr Key's Shorter Potted Brief, Brief Lives
Frank Key

Back