• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dead Tibetans In WW2 Berlin?

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Somewhere (I’m pretty certain) I have read that during the battle for Berlin in WW2 Russian soldiers stumbled into a building which contained the dead bodies of what appeared to be Tibetans in Nazi uniforms arranged in a circle.

Does anyone know where I might have read this or have any other information or was I just having an acid flashback.

I know the Nazis had an interest in magic and the occult and connections with Tibet. Did their interest in esoterica become more intense as they became more desperate and did these Russians stumble on something connected with this? Or did they just find the bodies of Nazified former Red Army prisoners of Eastern origin?

There's no compelling reason why they couldn't have been Tibetan Nazis. All the other major religions got on great with Hitler.

The SS had various legions of recruits from various European countries they had conquered - there was even a British SS legion, but don't know if the Nazis went further afield for foreign recruits.

Carole

Possibly related?

The Nazis were very interested in Tibetan mysticism thanks to vaguely and some specifically Theosophist influences on Hitler and his cronies.

The Tibetan-related myth of Shambhala (which came west thanx largely to Mdme. Blavatsky) was hard-wired into ideas of Aryan origins fairly early on for example, and the Nazis and the Soviets both funded explorations in Mongolia and Tibet etc. by Russian exile Nicholas Konstantinovich Roerich (Tournament of Shadows: The Great Game and the Race for Empire in Asia by Karl Meyer & Shareen Brysac, Ch. 18-19. ISBN 0 349 11366 1). He was actually looking for Shambhala, while his backers were looking more for political influence over Tibetan Bhuddism, which in turn would give them influence over the entire Tibetan plateau (on the borders of both China and British India don't forget) and Mongolia. The Shambhala myth was primarily seen as a tool with which to achieve that influence.

However, given Hitler and co.'s occult tendencies, it is always possible that they personally believed Shambhala might really exist and that they might cause rituals to be performed in keeping with that notion. This would require Tibetan Bhuddists, and giving them Nazi uniforms might have been seen as a way of binding them -and their rituals, and therefore Shambhala- to the Nazis.

See? I can speculate as outrageously yet plausibly as anyone when I put my mind to it!! :)

Footnote to the above: the Shambhala myth is also the basis of Shangri-La in the James Hilton novel and the movie 'Lost Horizon'.

Sham Bollocks WHAT?

Which means Sam Jaffee was but ONE of the Nine Wise Men who Rule the World Psychically, right?

The newly-restored movie of LOST HORIZONS, despite being sadly incomplete in some of the Shangri-La sequences, is superb, by the way. Ronald Coleman and Sam Jaffee and so on, all are wonderful, and the whole scope of the film is amazing to behold, considering when it was made.

Dead Tibetans in WW2 Berlin

I've also read about this. But I read it in "The Lost World of Agharti" which was a book about underground tunnel systems and the legends associated with them. Apparently in the 19th century Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton wrote a satirical novel called "The Coming Race" about an underground city where the people used something called Vril power. It was some kind of psi power which if directed negatively at someone could kill. According to the author of "The Lost World of Agharti" Hitler was convinced that Lytton's book was based on fact and used every means possible (including the mystical powers of Tibetan monks) to locate this underground city which was believed to be somewhere in the Tibet area with a worldwide tunnel system connected to it.
Even if Hitler's belief in Vril power is a myth, I suppose that control of an underground tunnel system would have been a good defence strategy to have during the war. Look what benefits the caves have had for Osama bin Laden. :eek:

No Myth

Oh, it was no myth about Hitler believing in Vril - there was even a Vril Society of so-called adepts.

Bulwer-Lytton was a Rosicrucian and often used mystical themes, but there is no evidence that The Coming Race is anything more than wonderful fantasy, along the lines of what H. Rider Haggard would later exploit so well.

I believe remnants of various Vril societies exist to this day. Have you read the excellent Unholy Alliance by Peter Lavenda, about the occult nature of Hitlerism and Nazism? Fascinating book, well worth reading.

Bulwer-Lytton and Mysticism

I'm aware that Bulwer-Lytton played host to Eliphas Levi for a while, so I can understand how and why his readers might read more into his literature than was really there.

The Lavenda book looks well worth a read. Thanks Fraterlibre.;)

I think I read somewhere (can't remember where though - sorry) that Hitler was a member of the Thule Society.

It is also worth remebering that German Rosicrucians seem to have been a huge influence on Wetern Occultism in general.

Hmm. The Second World War would make a great backdrop for a film about this stuff, wouldn't it?

I wasn't even considering it being a Hollywood job; Hollywood is off limits to my brain these days.

Hmm. The Second World War would make a great backdrop for a film about this stuff, wouldn't it?
A sort of dramatic action-adventure about the battle to recover ancient mystical artifacts before the Nazi's get to them? Perhaps starring some kind of whip snappin' archaeologist hero a little like yourself?

I can't see it taking off.

I don't know much about Bulwer Lytton, but I think perhaps Vril may have been analagous to what Levi called 'universal magnetic fluid', which itself was another name for what neoplatonist magi called the 'soul of the world', also identified with the aether, by which magical influences could be transmitted.

I heard the Tibetan story in J. H. Brennan, The Occult Reich (New York:Signet, 1974). (out of print)
Hitler did have connection with the Thule Society, apparently he was initated by weirdo poet, Dieter Eckhard.
IMHO - the Nazis were like New Agers - picking and mixing different bits of mythology and the occult - to fit theirown brand of perservity.
According to Brennan, Hitler believed in the World Ice Theory - a speculative theory about the weather based on the Hollow Earth Theory - and it was this bit of foolishness that led him to fatally mistime the invasion of the USSR.
Another interesting fact was that Goering's astrologer was working for British Intelligence, and used his influence to help Jews escape at the war end.

Hidden History

Anyone who's paying attention realizes that much of history, from overt deeds and events to clandestine maneuvers and conniving, are influenced or even prompted by hidden realities, by considerations we the public are not privy to. Occult, hidden. One wonders what subterfuge surrounds and influences us even now, and what odd belief systems propel the shadowy events we may never fully realize.

Yes, Vril was akin to aether, universal fluid, etc.

Yes, Spielberg's INDIANA JONES movies touch upon hidden history and occult influeces, rather directly and openly in some cases.

Yes, Hitler was a member of the Thule, too. Himmler was the dark prince of their occult religion, and was initiated into many groups. He created his own, and his castle at Wewelsburg, (sp?), is even designed for their rites.

Re: Hidden History

FraterLibre said:
One wonders what subterfuge surrounds and influences us even now, and what odd belief systems propel the shadowy events we may never fully realize.

Yep, who knows what Dubya actually got up to in the infamous Yale, Skull and Bones club.

chatsubo said:
I heard the Tibetan story in J. H. Brennan, The Occult Reich (New York:Signet, 1974). (out of print)
Hitler did have connection with the Thule Society, apparently he was initated by weirdo poet, Dieter Eckhard.
IMHO - the Nazis were like New Agers - picking and mixing different bits of mythology and the occult - to fit theirown brand of perservity.
Alternatively, I'm drawn to the theory that New Agers are like Nazis...

Re: No Myth

FraterLibre said:
Oh, it was no myth about Hitler believing in Vril - there was even a Vril Society of so-called adepts.

The Vril society was responsible for building Nazi flying Saucers based on designs channelled from either the future or a parallel dimension.

of course, all this leads to the disturbing thought that the Holocaust was actually some form of mass human sacrifice.

Flying Teapots

Not sure about flying saucers of any ilk, let along Nazi ones, but the idea that the Holocaust was a mass sacrifice is not new, and in fact may not be too far off from the occult thinking of many of the higher ranking Nazis.

This is the idea that RAW took for the Illuminatus Trilogy.

Would tell you how but that would spoil it for those who have not read it.

Illuminatus Trilogy

Robert Anton Wilson's work always delights and fascinates me. I'd recommend Cosmic Trigger, too, for those unfamiliar with it.

I read that one, too. The Hollow Earth, a bubble in a universe of infinite rock/ice. The war between the principles of eternal fire and eternal ice. The Spear of Destiny, the Ark of the Covenant and etc. Experiments using infra-red and radio waves to bounce off the inner surface of the bubble in which our solar system was contained. Weird, weird.

Anti-religion, anti-science and an anti-philosophy to match.
Robert Anton Wilson's work always delights and fascinates me. I'd recommend Cosmic Trigger, too, for those unfamiliar with it.
If you want real paranoid conspiracy hi-jinks, also set in World War II, I can highly recommend Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. What a brilliant book. No dead Llamas, but there is a holy relic. In the form of a piece of shirt, dipped in the blood of John Dillinger.

Conspiracy books

Andro - Ah, yes, Gravity's Rainbow, a favorite book of mine. Along the same lines is Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, by the way. And of course, as mentioned elsedwhere, Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.

And how about Tabloid and The Cold Six Thousand by James Ellroy, about the 1960s and all the assassination conspiracies from back then? Excellent books, if not linked quite to WW II.

Then there is Dean Koontz's book Lightning, a wild mix of Nazi time travelers invading their future, our present, in order to do an end run around D-Day and so on. Much fun, if a bit inchoherent at times.

The story is also mentioned in the David Barclay book Aliens-the Final Answer.It is also alighned with the photo, that is sometimes used in Roswell books,of a rather oriental but cute alien on a slab with azip up silver garment which is also a proven fake. he claims that many oriental looking dudes are associated with alien/ufo/MIB cases. He mentions Hollow Earth and many WW2 tales, such as some on the run casualties of war hiding in a cave and then hearing droning sound and seeing a wierd monolith letting out a luminasent gren light. Good Stuff!
David Barclays book is pretty off the wall compared to his UFO's the final answer.
If you want to know what his final answer is let me know.

If you are into this area Nazi's/HollowEarth/UFO's/Aliens.I have stacks of titles that might interest you. Also check out the Hellboy comic series

Back