• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Deaf And Blind As A Post?

A

Anonymous

I have never seen a ghost. Automatic writing is beyond me;the board does not work for me. Darkness has never had anything strange in it. I don't see UFOs. Nothing, a lifetime of nothing despite a lively intrest in things Fortean. But, I almost never run into nasty accidents. Somehow when bad things happen I am never around. Its a peculiar kind of luck, I don't bet on anything because I will lose. If I play bingo the odds are better for all the other players. But I expect to die of old age in bed!

Now I ask you, is this reasonable? Wouldn't one almost believe
in some sort of reverse psychic ability to be quite that good at not having anything psychic work?

Does anyone else have this same strange deafness and blindness?

No!

It has happened to me as well Marel.

After someone died, I've stood on he stairs with two other people who claimed to have seen a light coming down them & seen nothing!!!

As for raffles! I've only ever won twice, (in over half a century). The first time, the prize was half a ton of root vegetables, (I can't look a wurzel in the face, any longer). The second time, I went home early & gave the ticket to a mate (who was an alky), he chose a litre of whisky as his prize (& got plastered) & somehow I got the blame: "You should have known this might happen!!!".

As in: "I should have anticipated that the ticket was going to win & had prior knowlege of what was going to happen? "

I too had a strange sort of luck, in a particular job.

I had to make regular daily home visits to quite sick people for a couple of years, and in all that time, not one died! Colleagues began to comment that we hadn't 'lost anyone' for ages, though nobody connected this to me, rightly or not. The normal rate was one every 2-3 months or so.
I eventually left the job and the deaths started. Most were peaceful 'in sleep' passings which are the best kind. Except for the person who finds the body! Interestingly, these were mainly discovered by my direct successors, i.e. I would certainly have found them had I stayed in the job.
The death rate now seems to be back to normal and I've moved on to something else.

ON a related note. I don't seem to be very fortean by experience, only by mentality.

If Marel is successfully avoiding accidents at an above average rate, then that could be an example of how a psychic power has survival value. You don't neccessarily have to be aware of it, just as the body's autonomic system keeps your blood flowing, your food digesting, etc, without you knowing about it.

But in extreme cases, such as starvation, these functions do come to the notice of consciousness, so perhaps Marel has not yet had the crisis experience that would make her aware of psychic abilities.

An alternative way of looking at it is that it is only in extremely dangerous situations that other people have psychic warnings at all, while someone like Marel subconsciously experiences danger at much greater range and can avoid it much more easily. For example, Joe Soap is walking down the street when suddenly he feels he must stop dead; as he does so a lump of rotten masonry falls from a building, right on the spot he would have occupied. But Marel would have detected the danger much earlier and not bothered walking down that street in the first place!

And it sounds as if Escargot could be a natural healer....

So it could be that people who don't think they have any pyschic power actually have far more than the average person, but just use it naturally and discreetly!

Back