• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Death By Silicone Injection (Amateur Body Modification Gone Wrong)

OneWingedBird

Beloved of Ra
This is quite a bizarre activity that I've never heard of before:

click10.com/news/2198497/detail.html
Link is dead. Here is the MIA news article:

'Pumping Party' Trial: 'Bizarre, Flamboyant, Unusual"

Transsexuals Testify Against Men Accused Of Deadly Silicone Injection

In the opening statements of a Fort Lauderdale murder trial, one lawyer told jurors to be ready for the "bizarre, flamboyant and unusual."

The trial is for two men, one who looks like a woman, both accused of killing a woman at a "pumping party" where they injected silicone to enlarge her buttocks.

Mark Hawkins and Donnie Hendricks, who prefers to use the name "Viva," are accused practicing medicine without a license, and of injecting so much silicone into Vera Lawrence (pictured, left) that it caused her death.

The pair is alleged to have injected 12,000 cc's of industrial strength silicone into each of Lawrence's buttocks.

According to witnesses in pre-trial hearings, Hawkins and Hendricks charged up to $1,000 per pumping party. Most of the witnesses are transsexual men who went to the parties for "body-sculpting."

Defense attorney George Reres said it was Lawrence's desire to have an "insane" amount of silicone injected into her body over the course of five years that over time caused her to essentially take her own life.

Reres also told jurors to be prepared to hear testimony from witnesses who are not just "drag queens, but are also drama queens."

SALVAGED FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/6911098/couple-hospital-sex-skydiving/

==================

nbc6.net/news/2226083/detail.html
Link is dead. Here is the MIA news article:
Verdict Reached In Silicone 'Pumping Party' Trial

Two Men Accused Of Giving Woman Lethal Injection
POSTED: 8:00 p.m. EDT May 23, 2003

A verdict has been reached in the trial of two men accused of giving a woman a lethal injection of silicone.

Mark Hawkins and Donnie "Viva" Hendrix were found guilty of charges stemming from the death of a Miramar woman, Vera Lawrence, who died after being injected with industrial-grade silicone in 2001.

Prosecutors say Hawkins and Hendrix ran a business in which they held private "pumping parties" where paying guests received silicone injections. Hawkins died from complications after receiving an injection to enlarge her buttocks.

The case became something of a spectacle in Miami, as several male witnesses, who like Hendricks dress as women, took the stand.

Hawkins was found guilty of third-degree murder, culpable negligence, and practicing medicine without a license..

Hendricks was found guilty of culpable negligence and practicing medicine without a license.
The two men face sentences of up to 30 years in prison.

The silicone the men used to inject patients was never meant to be injected into human beings, the manufacturer testified during the trial, which lasted just over a week.

The jury deliberated for just one day before returning a verdict.

SALVAGED FROM THE WAYBACK MACHINE: https://web.archive.org/web/20050213091348/http://www.nbc6.net/news/2226083/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
!

now they will ban it and my shower tray will never be water tight.

strange, verry strange.

But describing transexuals as males? The reports are transphobic.

True, but that's sadly typical of today's reporting.

It's not much different to the reporting on the death of Christine Chappel a year or so back, when they found her body The Independent referred to her as he/him/Mr Hooley in all the accounts and even printed things like '...police initially thought that they had discovered a womans corpse...'.

The Guardian were rather better and got it right.

As a minor point of Fortean interest, her name was actually taken from a character in the original series of Star Trek.

Marie

BlackRiverFalls said:
It's not much different to the reporting on the death of Christine Chappel a year or so back, when they found her body The Independent referred to her as he/him/Mr Hooley in all the accounts and even printed things like '...police initially thought that they had discovered a womans corpse...'.

for some reason i got a flash back from the league of gentlemen when i read this bit.
"as a women i could have you done under the sex discriminations act"
"as a woman i could hae you done under the trades discriptions act"

thought i'd just share that, dunno why.

BlackRiverFalls said:
The Guardian were rather better and got it right.

The same Guardian that didn't publish my notes on a review of a book about transgenderism :(

(I'm perfectly willing to admit that the letter may have been crap.)

Don't take it personally...

I've had reason to deal with the media several times in the past and as a rule if they're not interested you won't even get a reply to your letter/email, and if they are interested you will get a call from a reporter who will tell you that he (rather conveniently) just happened to be researching that matter himself, then he'll pump you for information and take all the credit for the story himself.

Marie

What odd chaps/chapesses! Whatever floats your boat i suppose...

The Virgin Queen said:
strange, verry strange.

But describing transexuals as males? The reports are transphobic.

Point taken but if they are 'pre-op' are they not still considered male under the law - and, afterall, this is a trial. I had presumed as they were described as looking/dresing like women they were still, biologically, male. TBH i'm not really very clued-up on gender-changes so i'm open to correction but is a pre-op transexual not the same as a transvestite or am i missing something?

Ready and waiting to be educated! :)

Point taken but if they are 'pre-op' are they not still considered male under the law

This rather depends on the laws of the specific country.

In the UK, legal sex is determined by the birth certificate. Prior to 1970, TG people could apply to have their birth certificate changed and therefore could have their reassigned sex accepted in law. This changed as a result of a famous court case involving the performer and model April Ashley, called Corbett vs Corbett, in which Ms Ashley attempted to sue Mr Corbett for a divorce settlement, and Mr Corbett tried to get off the hook by claiming that the marriage should be declared invalid on the grounds that Ms Ashley was male. The fact that Mr Corbett was a known transvestite probably blurred the issue too. The judge in this case ruled that (in his opinion) the marriage was invalid for said reasons. As there were no previous rulings on this matter this case set a precedent which has held for the last 23 years.

A couple of years back the government broke its own law by allowing the birth certificate change of a minor, Joella Farmer,
who was reassigned at age 1 (for supposedly medical reasons), though only after considerable publicity and political lobbying.

Sometime next year the law will be changing again, largely due to pressure from the European court, and TG people will once again be allowed to have their birth certificates amended.

The silicine pumping case was in the US and I'm not up on the US law, which may vary from state to state?

but is a pre-op transexual not the same as a transvestite or am i missing something?

A tranvestite is a male who gets pleasure, often sexually, from wearing female clothing.

A transsexual is someone whose gender identity is the opposite of their anatomical sex.

Marie

BlackRiverFalls said:
A tranvestite is a male who gets pleasure, often sexually, from wearing female clothing.

A transsexual is someone whose gender identity is the opposite of their anatomical sex.

Marie

Thanks for the info.

Ok, 'gender identity'. I pressume that's another way of saying the gender that one perceives oneself to be. I think my earlier stumblings were down to the fact that, like most hetrosexuals i guess, i generally think of gender exclusively as a biological matter, not a psychological one. Hence, taking the word Transexual literaly (Trans being the Latin for 'across' or 'the other side', or 'over') i think of transexuals as those who have physically made the change, so to speak, and are now biologically male. I had always thought that those who had not taken the step were, despite their wishes, still of their born gender and their dressing like the opposite sex was incidental. Similarly, i took the term trans-vestite at face value as other-clothes or somesuch - again the pleasure aspect seemed incidental.

Live and learn and all that,
I'll stop bumbling now...

In the US birth certificates can be changed. It varies state to state on HOW to do it, but they all allow it. You don't need to have had SRS either.

And yeah, a pre-op transsexual is very much a transsexual and has about as much in common with a transvestite that a toad has in common with a frog-shaped turnip.

Piscez said:
And yeah, a pre-op transsexual is very much a transsexual and has about as much in common with a transvestite that a toad has in common with a frog-shaped turnip.

Actualy I think we have more in common with Transvestits but not in any way that you would think (it's all about how the public percevs us: do you realy think the diferentiate between TSs and TVs?)

The wish I find among alot of TSs to distance themselfs from transvestits, drag queens and fetishists is troubling. There is alot of transphobia coming from inside the transgenderd comunity never mind from outside it.

Sadly I don't think that most members of the general public (and bigots esp.) do differentiate between gay, TV, TS, drag queens, fetishism, androgeny, gender-bending or genderfuck, as far as they're concerned it goes under the general unbrella of queer. I used to sit on a pannel for our local GBLT community policing initiative and we pretty much came to the conclusion (which is true for 99% of cases) that there's no such thing as transphobic hate crime, basically because as far as the perpetrators are concerned you're just another fag.

I guess TG people aren't immune from the desires to conform and be 'normal' that afflict the general population, and yes, there are internicene divisions within the TG community that aren't generally discussed.

Btw what was the book that you've been reading?
I have an awful feeling that you're going to tell me it's The Man Who Would Be Queen? That book is causing so much trouble...

Marie

Yup, the main similarity is how society percieves us. I can't stand that. I hate the use of "transgender" as an umbrella term, and I hate being placed under it. I can't stand the thought that people would read the story on silicone pumping, and connect that with me.

And DON'T get my started on Money.

:hmph:

Or The Man Who Would Be Queen

:hmph: :hmph:

I personally prefer the term transgender as I feel it avoids both the stigma of what the media labels transsexual, almost exclusively in negative reports, and the purient fascination of media and public for anything that has 'sex' in it.

That said, I don't personally regard transvestites under this unberella, as transvestism is technically a paraphilia rather than a gender identity issue.

Marie

Back OT (we had a loong discussion on transgender issues here), what alarmed me most about the report was this nugget:
The pair is alleged to have injected 12,000 cc's of industrial strength silicone into each of Lawrence's buttocks.
12 litres!! That's about two imperial gallons, into each buttock! Either that should have been 1,200 cc (still a lot, but feasible), or failing that no wonder they wound up dead.

Talk about grow your own space hopper...

BlackRiverFalls said:
I personally prefer the term transgender as I feel it avoids both the stigma of what the media labels transsexual, almost exclusively in negative reports, and the purient fascination of media and public for anything that has 'sex' in it.

I,also, prefer the 'transgenderd' term. I also find the amount of transphobia in the transexual comunity disdurbing.

I recently heard the term 'pervert' being used to describe tvs. If we can't avoid hate ourselfs then how can we persuade others to avoid it?

Back street surgery is always unrelentingly grim:

Man Charged for Silicone Injection Death

Updated: Thursday, Mar. 25, 2004 - 4:07 PM

By C.G. WALLACE
Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA (AP) - A man accused of injecting industrial-grade silicone into men who were living as women and wanted to look more feminine was charged with murder after one of them died.

In an indictment unsealed Wednesday, Stephen Oneal Thomas, 31, was also charged with practicing medicine without a license.

Thomas, who is living as a woman, had been working Dougherty County for at least a year, holding "pumping parties" where he would inject silicone into cheeks, lips, breasts and buttocks, said prosecutor Ken Hodges.

He said Thomas did much of his work among people who compete in elaborate beauty pageants for men living as women.

Industrial-grade silicone is sold in hardware stores as a sealant. It is not sterile and can cause extensive tissue damage when absorbed into the bloodstream.

Andre D. Jeter, 23, of Montgomery, Ala., suffered convulsions and fell into a coma Dec. 10 after getting injections in his face and chest during a pumping party. He died a month later.

Mark Edwards, 23, Freddie Clyde, 22, and Kontavius Parks, 23, were also indicted for allegedly helping Thomas inject silicone in at least five men. The co-defendants are also living as women.

Among men living as women, silicone injections are seen as a cheap and secret way to appear more feminine.

"I do know there are people who sort of make the circuit, pumping people with silicone," said Dallas Denny of Gender Education & Advocacy, a support group for transgendered people.

Most of the material injected "can be bought at Home Depot," and is often mixed with paraffin, oil or even peanut butter, she said. The injections are often given in a hotel room or in the back of a bar, Denny said.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=104&sid=183635

"Pumping Party" Silicone Injector Arrested

Silicone 'Pumping' Case Probed

A Gwinnett County woman accused of injecting liquid silicone into the body of a man from south Georgia who wanted to look more like a woman is free on a $55,000 bond. Investigators with the Gwinnett County District Attorney’s Office executed a search warrant Tuesday afternoon at the home of 46-year-old Verna Barnett, who’s charged with one count of unauthorized practice of medicine.

They believe she has performed dangerous procedures known as ‘pumping’ on transgender patients for years. “They come to her to have breasts or hips added,” said Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter. “Silicone is injected directly into their bodies.”

Authorities say she mixed the silicone with baby oil to make it to easier to inject. Authorities carried out more than 15 gallons of silicone, along with other medical supplies out of the house. “We found syringes, used bandages, empty bottles of food-grade silicone,” Porter said.

“She was injecting this food-grade, liquid silicone into their chests to create breasts or to round their hips or their thighs to give them a more female appearance,” Porter said. One of Barnett’s patients was 23-year-old Mark Edwards, from Albany, who goes by the stage name of “Jazz” and competes in drag queen pageants. He is now very ill.

Jazz told WALB-TV in Albany, “A lot of people can’t afford real plastic surgery, so if you can get your breast done for $1,500 instead of $3,000 to $6,000, you will go ahead and do it.”

Edwards is also in trouble with the law. He faces a criminal conspiracy charge in Dougherty County along with three other men. Investigators said the four started a pumping ring in Albany after Edwards learned about the procedure from Barnett in Gwinnett County.

Porter said, based on their investigation, Barnett’s practices date back to 2000. Their pumping parties took a deadly turn in January 2004 when a patient, Andre Jeter of Albany, died.

“It causes respiratory failure. Silicone has a tendency to leak in to the respiratory system and the nervous system and ultimately cause death,” said Greg Edwards, an assistant district attorney in Dougherty County.

Gwinnett investigators are asking other people who may have had procedures to call them.

STORY

Here, I guess. :?

Death linked to silicone-injection party

Tuesday, July 12, 2005; Posted: 9:36 a.m. EDT (13:36 GMT)

SAN DIEGO (Reuters) -- A 45-year-old transgender woman who received illegal silicone injections at a party in a private home in San Diego has died after nearly a month on life support, the county medical examiner said Monday.

Patricio Gonzalez, who police said received silicone injections to her hips, buttocks, cheeks and lips, died Sunday. Gonzalez and at least nine other people were injected at a so-called "pumping party" on June 19, police said.

"Pumping parties," where people seeking a more feminine appearance have silicone injected into their bodies, have been on the upswing in the last few years, experts say. The silicone used at the parties is often industrial-grade material like floor sealant.

The Food and Drug Administration banned direct injections of silicone in 1992 and the substance has been known to migrate within the body and cause chronic, degenerative illnesses.

Gonzalez and another transgender woman received more silicone than the other party guests and suffered immediate respiratory problems, prompting the Los Angeles-area woman who was administering the silicone to flee, police said.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for Sammia "Angelica" Gonzalez, 39, who was injecting the party guests with silicone, and is believed to have fled to Mexico.

The second transgender woman, 30, was also comatose after the party. There was no update on her condition from police on Monday.

Deaths stemming from "pumping parties" are on the rise, with at least five fatalities reported in Florida, Texas and Georgia since 2003.

The illegal silicone injections are in demand because it remains cheaper and easier than plastic surgery, said Dr. Walter Bockting, the coordinator of transgender health services at the University of Minnesota's Center for Human Sexuality.

Transgender women often have humiliating experiences with traditional surgery clinics, and surgeons often require a psychological exam before they will consider treatment, he said.

"The greatest danger is that people don't know what they're getting," Bockting said. "People are very vulnerable because of the self-esteem issues they suffer from and they are willing to risk long-term disaster to feel better."

A.J. Davis, public policy director for the San Diego Gay and Lesbian Community Center, said the center does everything it can to discourage silicone injections.

"We talk to people about the dangers and we provide lots of information for nonsurgical alternatives," she said.

Copyright 2005 Reuters.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/07/12/si ... index.html

UK woman dies after 'buttocks injection' at US hotel

US police are investigating the death of a UK woman after an alleged hotel room "buttocks-enhancement" procedure.
Investigators say a 20-year-old woman who had travelled from London died in hospital in Pennsylvania on Tuesday after an injection of silicone.

Detectives said the procedure, believed to have been arranged over the internet, took place at a hotel near Philadelphia International Airport.
They are seeking two people in the matter, the Associated Press reported.

Police said the woman and three companions were staying at a Hampton Inn hotel near the airport after travelling from London.
The woman had the buttocks injection on Monday and a companion had a hip augmentation, AP reported.

The medical examiner for Delaware County, Pennsylvania, had yet to release autopsy results, and further details of the procedure were unavailable.

Liquid silicone is not approved in the US for cosmetic injections.
In March 2009, a woman in New York City died of a pulmonary embolism when silicone injected into her buttocks and thighs entered her lungs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12401032

Person arrested over 'cement in buttocks' injection
14:10 GMT, Monday, 21 November 2011

A man accused of injecting a woman's buttocks with a mix of cement and tyre inflater has been arrested.
Oneal Ron Morris, 30, was detained in Florida on Friday and charged with practising medicine without a licence and causing serious bodily injury.
The woman, who paid $700 (£446), later suffered with abdominal pain, infected sores and flu-like symptoms.

Police photographs suggest that Oneal Morris may have had a similar procedure done on himself.
Detectives describe Oneal Morris as a transgender man who dresses as a woman and claim he used a tube to inject a woman in several places on her buttocks.
Her body was filled with a mixture that included cement, mineral oil and flat-tire sealant and the incisions were apparently sealed with superglue.

Sergeant Bill Bamford, from Miami Gardens Police, said that when the pain had become too much Oneal Morris had told the woman: "Oh don't worry, you'll be fine.
"We just keep injecting you with the stuff and it all works itself out."

The procedure originally took place in May 2010 and investigators have been looking for the suspect for more than a year.
Police said the woman - who was referred to Oneal Morris by a friend - ended up at Tampa General Hospital with life threatening symptoms, including pneumonia and a MRSA infection.
"That cocktail had serious complications and serious effects on this young lady," said Sergeant Bamford.

Police believe that other people may also have paid money to Oneal Morris but that they are too embarrassed to come forward.

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons has recently warned about the dangers of 'pumping parties', where people gather for cheap silicone injections in body parts like the buttocks, breast or chin.
It says that often those carrying out the procedures are not qualified and the conditions not sterile.

In a separate case, 22-year-old London student Claudia Aderotimi died in February after getting her buttocks injected with silicone in Philadelphia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15818910

You beat me to it with that one, Rynner - I was going to post that.

People should look at the pictures of the perp for an example of ludicrous buttock size.

Mythopoeika said:
You beat me to it with that one, Rynner - I was going to post that.

People should look at the pictures of the perp for an example of ludicrous buttock size.

I think even 2 Live Crew would reconsider admiring the misshapen turnips involved...

N.J. woman headed to prison for penis enlargement death
By Bill Wichert | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
on November 09, 2015 at 5:30 PM, updated November 09, 2015 at 6:09 PM

NEWARK — Before Kasia Rivera was sentenced on Monday to five years in state prison for conducting a fatal penis enlargement procedure in 2011, her attorney, Olubukola Adetula, said she has "accepted responsibity for her actions" and wanted to "move on with the rest of her life."

Essex County Assistant Prosecutor William Neafsey, however, said Rivera may want to move on with her life, but "we still have a man that died."

"A man died because of her recklessness," said Neafsey, adding that "she had no business sticking needles into anyone, specifically sticking a needle into a man's penis."

Rivera, 38, of East Orange, received the five-year prison term after having pleaded guilty on Sept. 8 to a reckless manslaughter charge in connection with the May 2011 death of Justin Street, 22, also of East Orange. Prosecutors recommended the five-year sentence under a plea deal.

Under the sentence handed down by Superior Court Judge John Zunic, Rivera must serve slightly more than four years before becoming eligible for parole. She will receive credit for nearly eight months of time served.

Rivera declined to make a statement during Monday's hearing.

In pleading guilty, Rivera admitted to injecting silicone into Street's penis when he visited her home on Glenwood Avenue in East Orange. The silicone was not the kind used in medical procedures, authorities said.

Authorities have said the injection shot directly into Street's bloodstream,shutting down his organs, and he died as a result the following day. A medical examiner later determined Street died from a silicone embolism, and his death was ruled a homicide, authorities said.

At the time of her guilty plea, Rivera acknowledged she was not trained as a medical doctor and she was neither trained nor licensed to administer the silicone injection.

Rivera, who had worked as a bartender in Irvington, could be deported to her native Jamaica as a result of her guilty plea, authorities said.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2...r_penis_enlargement_de.html#incart_river_home

Brazil: Buttock surgeon killed in suspected revenge attack

A Brazilian woman accused of carrying out illegal silicon implant procedures has been killed in a suspected revenge attack.

Marcilene Soares Gama, 49, had been accused by clients of using industrial silicone for buttock enlargement.

At the time of her death she faced court action over charges she pretended to be a doctor.

Police in Rio de Janeiro are looking for a man caught on a surveillance camera entering her flat on Saturday.

Her body was found hours later on a nearby road.

The man tied her hands behind her back, made her get in his car and shot her in the face before disposing of the body.

The killing has the hallmarks of a revenge attack, police said ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40712231#

Will the police get to the bottom of this?

Apologies for this one:

Man dies after injecting his scrotum with silicon

In some sort of master/servant gay shenanigans. He was headed for Buster Gonad territory..

1_Dylan-Hafertepen-Jack-Chapmanjpgs.jpg

The lead sentence says it was saline solution, which is also a thing in those circles. Extremists are known as Space Hoppers.

Darwin may not be appropriate as this vision of loveliness seems not to have been a likely breeder, even before his misadventure. RIP. :(

One of these sentences was made up. :wide:

Back