• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Debbie Harry & No Knickers!

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
In 1977 a friend of mine (amongst others) went to see Blondie at Lancaster uni. I recall her saying "she was a dirty bitch, she wore a t-shirt and no knickers. I had forgotten about it until I recently saw a photo of Debbie Harry wearing a t shirt and thought "oh my god, she really isn't wearing any knickers"! Then logic kicked in and I thiught that surely she would be arrested. According to the Blondie fan club she actually wore flesh coloured leggings with a black line strategically drawn on!

I still can't find a definitive answer (although I'm now nearly blind!). I think its spandex personally. Like I said, surely you'd be arrested?

The only Debbie Harry urban myth I know is the one about her nearly being abducted by Ted Bundy, which is a bit more substantial than speculating on her underwear habits. This one sounds a lot like wish fulfilment to me!

The photo is well documented on the internet but it seemed rather crude to post it on here. Don't want to offend peeps and all that. If you type in Debbie Harry no knickers I'm sure you can find the photo of her wearing a 'Dr X' t-shirt.

I only saw the bloody photo because i heard Blondie had a new album due out and I was looking for info!

So she had a full Brazillian back in the 70s?

After all, I'm pretty sure she's not a natural blonde.

Still, she would be the sort of person to dress like that, but I think the leggings are a more likely explanation.

And while we're at it, the Ted Bundy story is more or less debunked here: http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/debharry.asp
In short, the timing and Bundy's modus operandi don't match.

Blondie is in the line-up for this years Nottingham Splendour festival. If she's back with the band, I might try to ask her about it. :D

We'll have the frozen peas ready for your eye, then. ;)

Anyway, the photo is misleading. All it shows is a seam on her clothing.

No, for a REAL display of aine chanteuse, do a youtube search for 'Betty Boop crotch'. Prurient nerds have isolated individual cartoon frames which reveal Ms Boop's natural beauty. :lol:

I seem to remember Phil Jupitus on 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' claiming that when he saw Blondie at a gig in the 80's Debbie Harry wasn't wearing any.

Debbie Harry was being pushed as the sexiest, raciest woman on earth back in the early 80s. There was a music press obsession with her. Everything she did or said was sexualised. If she'd gone on stage in a snowsuit it would have been described as crotchless.

Mmm! Crotchless snowsuit, Debbie Harry, ... I may be some time!☺

Back