• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Decuplets Deception (Gosiame Sithole; S. Africa; 2021)

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
In what could be the new world's record, a South African woman has given birth to 10 babies (decuplets).
South African woman gives birth to decuplets

A South Africa woman who was expecting eight babies is believed to be a new record holder after she gave birth to 10 infants.

Teboho Tsotetsi of Tembisa Township, Ekurhuleni, said his wife, Gosiame Thamara Sithole, 37, gave birth to decuplets at a Pretoria hospital. ...

Tsotetsi said doctors had initially believed Sithole was pregnant with sextuplets, but they later discovered their scans had missed two. He said it came as a shock when the doctors performed a Caesarian section and ended up delivering a total 10 babies.

"It's seven boys and three girls. She was seven months and seven days pregnant," Tsotetsi told Pretoria News.

The couple had previously said Sithole became pregnant without any fertility treatments. ...

Professor Dini Mawela, deputy head of the school of medicine at the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, said it is extremely rare for someone to become pregnant with such a large set of multiples without fertility treatments.

Mawela said the babies will likely need a few weeks in an incubator before they are ready to be sent home. ...

Sithole is now believed to be a Guinness World Record holder. Halima Cisse of Morocco took the record for most children delivered at a single birth to survive in May 2021 when she gave birth to nine babies. The previous record was famously set in 2009, when U.S. woman Nadya Suleman gave birth to octuplets in California.
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/06/08/Gosiame-Thamara-Sithole-decuplets-10-babies/4351623180195/

In what could be the new world's record, a South African woman has given birth to 10 babies (decuplets).

SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/06/08/Gosiame-Thamara-Sithole-decuplets-10-babies/4351623180195/
Or has she?..

The father of '10 babies' born in South Africa which hit headlines around the world now reportedly says he does not believe his girlfriend ever gave birth to 10 babies.

The statement from the Tsotetsi family, reported by News 24, read: "He (Tsotetsi) made several attempts to visit his girlfriend and the babies but she has failed to disclose her whereabouts and the condition of their babies.

"The current uncertainties and public discourse about the decuplets is of major concern to the family, especially in the absence of any proof of the decuplets existence other than telephonic and WhatsApp messages from the mother.

Government officials had previously said they could find no evidence of a woman giving birth to 10 children.

Or has she?..
Yep ... I found reports of official questions about the decuplets claim beginning a couple of days after the initial announcement. Those initial queries including mention of the hospital withholding confirmation based on privacy policies. I haven't seen any updates since then.

The situation surrounding Ms. Sithole and her alleged decuplets continues to be murky. The alleged father supposedly stated he thinks the births were a hoax about a week ago. More recently, Ms. Sithole has been detained and put in a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. To date the reports on these recent developments have been limited to the sensationalistic / tabloid press, so it's anybody's guess what's really going on.

The situation surrounding Ms. Sithole and her alleged decuplets continues to be murky. The alleged father supposedly stated he thinks the births were a hoax about a week ago. More recently, Ms. Sithole has been detained and put in a hospital for psychiatric evaluation. To date the reports on these recent developments have been limited to the sensationalistic / tabloid press, so it's anybody's guess what's really going on.
UPDATE

An official inquiry has found Gosiame Sitholes claim of giving birt to decuplets is false, tests showed she has not even been pregnant recently.

"A claim that South African woman Gosiame Sithole gave birth to 10 babies earlier this month is not true, an official inquiry has found.

No hospitals in Gauteng province have a record of decuplets being born, the provincial government says.

Medical tests show that Ms Sithole had not even been pregnant recently, it said.

The 37-year-old is now being held under the mental health act for observation and will be provided with support."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-57581054

So did she have a pillow up her jumper? Or was she really fat?

So did she have a pillow up her jumper? Or was she really fat?
Space hopper id say

_119024920_74cdc1ed-ea89-4238-80ce-21f5d79c2b13.jpg

That is really strange (well, no shit, but you know what I mean). She must have had something up there, so what was it?

That is really strange (well, no shit, but you know what I mean). She must have had something up there, so what was it?
She could have fibroids or a tumour. It takes quite a while for things to go back to where they were pre-pregnancy, so a lot of women still look pregnant for a fair while after giving birth, so someone saying they'd had the baby but still having a big bump is quite explicable. So if it were fibroids or a tumour it would explain 'looking pregnant without being pregnant' and mental illness does the rest.

She could have fibroids or a tumour. It takes quite a while for things to go back to where they were pre-pregnancy, so a lot of women still look pregnant for a fair while after giving birth, so someone saying they'd had the baby but still having a big bump is quite explicable. So if it were fibroids or a tumour it would explain 'looking pregnant without being pregnant' and mental illness does the rest.

That's nightmarish! So that could be all her?

That's nightmarish! So that could be all her?
I've no idea. But I do know that fibroids (and, come to that, tumours) can be enormous. Wasn't it Sandi Toksvig who had an ovarian cyst that weighed something like three stone?

I've no idea. But I do know that fibroids (and, come to that, tumours) can be enormous. Wasn't it Sandi Toksvig who had an ovarian cyst that weighed something like three stone?
The biggest ovarian tumour removed was 54kg, over 8.5 stone

"Surgeons perform 3.5-hour operation to remove 54 kg (119-pound) ovarian tumor. Doctors at a private hospital in New Delhi removed the world's largest ovarian tumor from a 52-year-old woman's body. The 54 kilograms (119 pounds) tumor, which was removed during a 3.5-hour operation, was half the patient's weight.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/doctors-remove-world-s-largest-tumor-in-india/1950425

Not her husband I'm guessing!

Back