• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Deep Sea & Marine-Life Surprises

You'll have to go a long way to beat 46-B as cryptoanimal of 2016.
I'm thinking Sharktopus was 45-B, the Cloverfield thing was 44-B and the other B Movie monsters filled out the rest of the column.
How many of them Putin has collected in his war zoo is currently unknown.

Ghost-Shark Caught on Film for the First Time*.

"Also known as chimaeras, the creatures are related to sharks and rays. But unlike their namesakes, ghost sharks have tooth plates instead of teeth and open channels on their heads and faces that give them the appearance of having been stitched together like a rag doll.

"Most remarkably perhaps, they have a retractable penis on their heads."
:rofl:

*It seems the footage dates from 2009 but the identity of the creature has now been confirmed. :huh:

It's a good image, so I don't know what took the time.

Also known as the Swifty shark. :D

This deep-sea fisherman has been posting his finds on Twitter, and it's legit terrifying

Roman Fedortsov is a deep-sea fisherman based in the port city of Murmansk in Russia, which looks out over the Barents Sea - a relatively shallow sea that opens into the Arctic Ocean.

Fishing throughout the coastal Arctic ocean region, all the way to the coast of Morocco, Fedortsov has been sharing images of the deep-sea creatures that wander into his nets.

deep-sea-creatures-1_1024.jpg

http://www.sciencealert.com/this-de...is-finds-on-twitter-and-it-s-legit-terrifying

Not very edible-looking.

I commend him for taking and putting up the pics, but some weird looking stuff there...

Ahhhhhh not these pictures again I've seen them on Reddit today.they look like something out of a bad nightmare.
The Telegraph had an article today which showed quite a few of them. (I posted it on the other Ocean thread.)

What the hell is the creature that looks like a shark/human hybrid?

Don't care for his voice but some interesting content

Gravity keeps you pretty. Negate its effects and it's all shapes.

Back