• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Demons In Seattle: Keith Linder's Home(s) (Bothell WA)

PS

I have a considerable amount of video, and audio data. So many of both that it will take me months if not years to comb through. I'm looking for individuals with talent both audio and video, esp with the enhancement of some of these sounds and etc. State side or aboard I don't care. There is a vetting process for those who are interested. This is a project of mine sort me trying to "separate the wheat from the chaff" if you will with all of this data.

PM if interested. I prefer the staunchest skeptic, with both video editing and audio editing skills. We'll be combing through evidence I've compiled before , during and post teams involvement.

Somewhere in this Universe is a missing terabyte hard drive the spirits ran off with. I hope one day I get a phone call from the new tenants about the many objects appearing the home that belonged to me and Tina. Specifically this hard drive.

Regards

KL

There's a huge difference between the belief-based ghost hunting teams you've had come out to the house, and a science-based skeptical team that understands the scientific method...which has not been out. The IIG (the group I suggested) is a science-based, skeptical organization, which is most likely why you haven't heard of them.

Of the two teams from the east coast, I know of one of them...and they are nothing to boast about. In fact, the particular team that stayed at your house for a week, cares nothing for science (her words). This kind of team attitude does nothing to support your claims, your credibility, or the team's credibility.

You do promote the Scientific Establishment of parapsychology (http://www.sep.moonfruit.co.uk/) and Steve Mera an awful lot. In fact, you seem to be the number one promoter. A Google search on the name "Scientific Establishment of Parapsychology" reveals that you've posted about them on sites such as Reddit, Talk Paranormal, Paranormal Soup, and here...more than they've posted about themselves. This is probably good for them, since there own website which was hosted on "moonfruit"...no longer exists. This is troubling that they claim to have been around since 1996, and the most one can find on the organization is multiple postings from you, a defunct webpage, and news fluff pieces on your house. This simply does not set the stage for a credible "parapsychologist".

Going by the videos (as you suggested) and the report (you weren't supposed to release), I would dispute the claim that they did a "GREAT job", especially when statements in the report include this "Though SEP do collate pre-investigation documentation, we cannot confirm pre-investigation incidents to be credible. However due to evidence obtained during active investigation stage 1 and 2, we have no reason to doubt the client at this time. Pre-investigation disturbances noted below have been considered authentic." This is a prime example of taking things at face-value. I've watched Don's videos, and grew frustrated with the lack of any quality information and outrageous claims.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but "nitpicking" is a part of something referred to a critique/criticism. When making extraordinary claims, as you are, details are extremely important. This is why academics submit papers for peer review, so that their work can be scrutinized by other professionals in relevant fields of study (Sometimes pseudo-academics start their own magazine to get around that). Such "nickpicking" points out flaws, inconsistencies, contradictions, errors, and pseudoscience...sometimes even hoaxes.

As for your Ad Hominem comment, "typical knee jerk fashion cling to performing some acts of Ad hominem"...I would disagree. My comments did not try to attack you rather than focus on the topic of discussion, my comments described the interconnection of the situation as a whole.

"If I've one thing about both the paranormal and parapsychology community and I'm being very generous giving them the title of belonging to a community its this. Many are siloed, segmented, cut off and envious of others findings. It seems if the evidence didn't come from them directly the evidence is suspect." I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say in the beginning, but the mid to last lines I understood, so I'll address that. While I agree that there are many within the community that are territorial and just out to be on the next TV show that comes along. Sometimes, people making extraordinary claims will follow the same mentality...looking for their 15 minutes of fame, or lashing out at others because they don't buy into a story without any valid, supporting evidence.

You're assumption that if evidence did not "come from them directly the evidence is suspect" is incorrect. Data that has been collected by unscientific, unreliable sources...is what is suspect. As mentioned above, the process of peer review, in case you're not familiar, involves independent professionals going over and verifying data to point out flaws, errors, etc. The data, or evidence, is not taken at face-value, simply because someone said it was evidence. It needs to be verified under controlled condition and proper experiments...by qualified professionals - not pseudoscientific ghost hunting teams, not self-proclaimed psychics/mediums that live in your house for a week, or parapsychologist that relies heavily on metaphysical woo.

You cannot grow intellectually by surrounding yourself with those that blindly believe your story, and claim that others are "envious" of your findings. I assure, I am not envious of these "findings", since they are of such poor quality and based on belief and assumptions. The paranormal topic is stagnate because of the lack of critical thinking, understanding of science, and belief-based ghost hunts that dominate the hobby...as well as a healthy dose of confirmation bias.

I offered an "olive branch" in the form of suggesting you contact a reputable, scientific-based group such as the IIG. I have a much better understanding of the "weird stuff" than you think, as well as a much better understanding of human behavior and willingness to believe extraordinary claims in spite of a lack of valid supporting evidence.

You claim to have posted a "substantial amount of evidence" on this forum, yet...you've posted nothing substantial. You seem to base what you consider evidence off hearsay, speculation, and belief...rather than "vetting" (a careful and critical examination of). If you're serious when making statements such as "I prefer the staunchest skeptic"...then I suggest you stop entertaining unscientific ghost hunting groups and contact a skeptical organization. If your claims are genuine, those are the people you want to investigate. I would also suggest you stop reading books on poltergeists, etc. (which are only reinforcing your already established beliefs)...and start reading up on literature from science and skeptical organizations. There's a big difference, Keith.

We can go round in round on this subject forever and ever. One group is always going to say the other group is not the legit enough, is not objective enough. Its boring really. I hear that so much I could almost write a song about it. U find find this scientific group, and you tell them on my behalf. They want audio. They want video,they want footage. I can't get them in the house anymore. I moved out.

I have no regrets about not finding anyone during the course of 4 years. It wasn't for a lack of trying. Whom ever this scientific person or group is they might need to make themselves more visible IMO.

Anybody can arm chair quarterback with the coulda, woulda, shoulda. You all have that luxury. You're not sleeping with the noise we slept with.

I'm satisfied with every teams result, whether u or science believe it or not. That being said if they want the data, tell them come and get it.

April 2016 Steve and Don returned to the US(Bothell) and with them bought Nick Kyle of the SSPR.
The audio below is a snippet / (shortened so attention could be paid to the whisper EVPs) verse's the other noise and conversations.

Prior to the men's investigation that day. I setup voice recorders in both master bedroom and bathroom which is in the master bedroom or connected to it I should say.

A series of trip wire, motion detect devices, cams and laser wire gear were going off in the bedroom. The room was sealed to prevent single person entry. Once devices were setup the room was sealed. I have a remote CCTV cam in both rooms was able to hear and detect if and when the alarms would go off. They did. Several times.

Don had a theory about setting identical cams and etc. in the bathroom. Up until now the bathroom was never really truly monitored.

The audio below is of Don, Steve and Nick setting up devices in the bathroom. The equipment being introduced is equipment never used. The audio was shortened of course to call attention to the voices. NONE OF WHICH CAN BE HEARD WITH THE NAKED EAR AT THE TIME THEY OCCURED.

I'm very pleased that Soundcloud has a built in sound enhancement because the voices are clear. Especially after the 1st trip wire goes off (that Don and Steve are testing) at 1:10 motion detect goes off(that's us).

https://soundcloud.com/user-423872078/evp-image-detector

at 1:30 the entities begin talking to where you understand what they are saying. The 1st word one of them says is "Ray".

Vocals (something to the effect of)
"Ray, Image Detector"
"Cable"
"it’s the only way it can be powered like that"
"Go and Lift One of These"

Allow me to put into context what it is they are saying and why.

There trying to guess what this new device is. One refers to the other one as "Ray" Very significant.
The word "cable" is mentioned which suggest there talking about the power cord. Some of the UK's devices and mine are battery powered. These devices in particular are not. They require power from the wall outlet. Which is in fact what Don and Steve were doing at the time this was happening.

Then one of them says "it’s the only way it can be powered like that" Which is why IT called Steve and Dons device a "image Detector" I don't know about you but I've never heard of an image detector, neither has Steve or Don and both men would never utter that word. The devices in the room(what Steve and Don were setting up, where Motion Detectors.)

This might be a case of us and them splitting hairs as to what the device truly is. Either way the fact that they are talking about it speaks volumes to their level of curiosity and intelligence. But they are not omnipotent when it comes to intelligence. They have limits. There revealing to you and me right now the limit to their knowledge.

Then comes the kicker of their conversation which is
"Go and Lift One of These" the one doing most of the talking is telling Ray to "go lift one of these"
In short he's telling Ray to go steal one. Which suggest they want one to study, to analyze and to take elsewhere. Where? Your guess is as good as mine.

Now some of you might think this is all made up, this is Keith's ability to trick 3 men to trek 10,000 miles twice in order to create something paranormal. Some of you will think that. Some of you will think there must be an other person in the room we're not admitting to that's saying all of this. Some of you will think a lot of things. A few of you might find this compelling. Its compelling on so many levels. And not so much because there voices. Compelling because of what these voices are actually saying.

When I began my effort in 20014. Summer of 2014 to try to capture these guys. To try to obtain evidence on video , on audio. The devices I used. many of them went missing. I'd place one down in the hallway or etc., walk away from it. Come back that camera or etc. is either gone, turned around, turned upside down, or in some cases smashed to bits. Some cameras are still missing. Some hard drives are missing. Some voice recorders are missing. We have been able to determine that activity be it voice or physical phenomenon spikes when new devices, new technology is introduced into the test environment.
The only thing surpassing their feats and tricks is the level of curiosity these spirits posses.

I don’t know about you, but I find this highly fascinating. It deserves debate. It deserves conversation. It is unbelievable.

https://soundcloud.com/user-423872078/evp-image-detector

NOTE: THE longer version does exist. if anyone would like the longer version. Let me know. I will send it.

Last edited:
..A series of trip wire, motion detect devices, cams and laser wire gear were going off in the bedroom. The room was sealed to prevent single person entry. Once devices were setup the room was sealed. I have a remote CCTV cam in both rooms was able to hear and detect if and when the alarms would go off. They did. Several times...

at 1:30 the entities begin talking to where you understand what they are saying. The 1st word one of them says is "Ray".

Vocals (something to the effect of)
"Ray, Image Detector"
"Cable"
"it’s the only way it can be powered like that"
"Go and Lift One of These"

Allow me to put into context what it is they are saying and why.

There trying to guess what this new device is. One refers to the other one as "Ray" Very significant.
Unless they are referring to a beam of light. As in a laser, such as the one which you set up (qv). Or, "Ray, a drop of golden sun."
The word "cable" is mentioned which suggest there talking about the power cord.
Or, the trip wire, which you set up (qv).
..Then one of them says "it’s the only way it can be powered like that" Which is why IT called Steve and Dons device a "image Detector"
Sorry, don't follow that: why is the remark about how it's powered the reason it calls the device an "image Detector"?
I don't know about you but I've never heard of an image detector..[
I have. Try googling it. Also known as an image sensor - either identified an image or - in some cases - is the receptor element for a beam of light in, say, an alarm, Or, if you prefer, a "ray" (qv).
..neither has Steve or Don and both men would never utter that word. The devices in the room(what Steve and Don were setting up, where Motion Detectors.)
I have to admire your in-depth knowledge of their respective vocabularies. Did you ask them whether they knew what these words mean or did you just base it on casual observation of their conversation?
Then comes the kicker of their conversation which is
"Go and Lift One of These" the one doing most of the talking is telling Ray to "go lift one of these"
In short he's telling Ray to go steal one. Which suggest they want one to study, to analyze and to take elsewhere. Where? Your guess is as good as mine.
If indeed it means "steal". It can also mean "elevate to a higher position from the one it presently occupies." Which suggests that they want it moved up a bit.
Now some of you might think this is all made up, this is Keith's ability to trick 3 men to trek 10,000 miles twice in order to create something paranormal. Some of you will think that. Some of you will think there must be an other person in the room we're not admitting to that's saying all of this. Some of you will think a lot of things. A few of you might find this compelling. Its compelling on so many levels. And not so much because there voices. Compelling because of what these voices are actually saying.
Subject to interpretation and context. Bear in mind that compelling does not instantly infer only one possible conclusion.
When I began my effort in 20014. Summer of 2014 to try to capture these guys. To try to obtain evidence on video , on audio. The devices I used. many of them went missing. I'd place one down in the hallway or etc., walk away from it. Come back that camera or etc. is either gone, turned around, turned upside down, or in some cases smashed to bits. Some cameras are still missing. Some hard drives are missing..Some voice recorders are missing.,
Now - that, there, is pure, first-hand observed polt activity. That stuff is the essence of it. The layers of interpretation which you have piled on top in the above account are what make it considerably less clear, and as a result less credible. So I suggest we drop the various investigations, none of which are serving to reinforce your account, and instead go back through the thread and pick up - and reply to - the various questions that have been asked directly of you about your own direct experience. Then I think we might make some progress.

The word "Ray" has been captured on other EVP's. EVP's were no device was being setup or utilized. Whats interesting about "Ray" or should I say when the word "Ray"is used is when the one (main voice) orders the other to do something. If he's telling the other one to "lift" something that has interesting connotations as well. Lord knows I've seen many devices lifted up and etc.

At the basic level is the level of observation. I can't tell you how many times demonlgiss9so called) and Priests and paranormal teams (so-called) prior to arriving to the house asked me and my GF to try and hide our cameras and etc in various places (as if we could succeed in hiding it from the entity's) living with us.

if these voices and what they say hold true, and I say they are true then the idea one can hide something from something that's 24/7 invisible is ludicrous.

That being said, at my wits end I tried at times only to come back and find that item gone!

I will comb through the data and share the other "Ray" EVPs.

You're really not listening, are you? For the last time of trying, what I want is for you to discuss your own, direct, first-hand experiences. The evidence you keep citing is effectively worthless, so first-person anecdotal is the best we can hope for. You talk. Go for it.

I can talk about my 1st hand experience. That's EZ. The EVP i captured is not Steve's'. Its not Don. Its not S.E.Ps. Its from devices I placed in and around these gentlemen while they worked. They left with their data I discovered mine upon review (soon after they left). But to your question my 1st hand experiences started May 20012. May 1st to be exact.

GF and I moved in. Items began missing on day one. First we attributed it to items simply being lost during the move. Then a odd thing happened. Items neither of us owned began appearing out of the blue. Mainly kid items: toys, jewelry, and USPostal Mail.

How odd to see someone else's mail. The mail was out in the open and it was later learned to be the previous tenants. How odd to find someone' else's on your counter top or kitchen table. Post marked 2009, 2010, 2011. Then one night after we both were living in the house for awhile a weird thing happened. While watching TV(Netflix movie) a 4 foot plant by the Entertainment center rose up off the ground. Did a 360 turn and fell to the ground. The cat was out the bag then. That's when we knew the house was haunted.

We didn't scream demon. We didn't scream Poltergeist. Truth be told we took it for a kid or child ghost based on the fact that the day the land lord gave us the keys to the house, after he left my girlfriend and I while sitting on the floor in the front room (house is vacant mind you) we heard a kid cough come from upstairs. Plain as day. Of course we shrugged it off but we both found the moment weird.

Fast forward these events below began to happen

items missing
items popping up that neither of us owned
lights going off and on
thuds
pacing
foot steps
waking up finding all kitchen cabinet doors open*
waking up finding all doors down stairs open
then the LOUD bangs
Pottery being thrown
Pottery being thrown during House warming party
more loud bangs
More off/on light issues
then the female apparition outside my door
1st Bible went missing*
ADT Security System installed

etc

Nothing
Utter Silence/we thought we beat and survived the ordeal

Jan 2nd I took a mysterious fall off the top stairs
Tore my right patella tendon
6-8 weeks recovery, bed ridden/restricted to just the upstairs
March/April
Amour stationed in the hallway gets thrown from one wall to the other
The loud bangs returned
Objects thrown
Cameras bought and set up for 24/7 home monitoring in addition to the ADT security.
1st paranormal team arrives
Bible that went missing in 2012 returned on fire*
(this Bible was gone for over a year, comes back on fire 1:34am) sitting outside our bedroom door.
Wall Writings
Lights fixtures exploding
More loud bangs
etc
etc
etc
etc
2nd Bible Burning
3rd Bible Burning
More wall markings
Objects go missing
Cross hung upside down(3)
Office Fire that resulted in the local fire dept coming. Same fire dept. Same team actually that responded to my falling down the stairs 911 call.
"Die KL" written on the walls, and car, and lawn

Activity tapered off to just the occasional
loud bangs. occasional thuds.
pacing
off/on light events
etc
etc
etc.

Activity tapered off to just the occasional
loud bangs. occasional thuds.
pacing
off/on light events
etc
etc
etc.

Moved out May 2016

I'm paraphrasing of course

When the activity is heightened and when items glaze your hair or jaw line, you're unnerved. Its unrelenting. Projectiles like candles, glass cubs, glass candle holders, cologne bottles go flying pass you at lightening speed. You're sleeping and all of a sudden the sheets get yanked off you. The both of you. Or better yet u wake up to discover the bed sheet under you mind you is shredded light confetti. WTf? How does sheets u sleep on get shredded like confetti while u sleep?

Then comes the feeling of being watched. You're taking a shower and when you step out the shower the lights go off and the bathroom door slams shut.

Other instances include foot steps, thuds, pacing in and around the bed while u sleep or while you're awake. They walk from Tina's side to my side.

The lamp next to your bed goes flying across the room in the dead of night.

Last edited:
Browsing some ancient threads, I found this gem:

Steve Mera & The Silver Flying Phallus of Eccles!

Rense.com, remarkably, still has the pictures up!

"We are all professional people and quite frankly have better things to do with our time than to make wacky e-mails or photos but we all feel that what we saw was totally unexplainable taking into account the possibilities of the object being a weather balloon or plane reflecting the sunlight.

"I must say once again, please do not take this e-mail as a hoax. I have the photographs to back up our claim of seeing a UFO.

"Steve Mera"

:)

The same EVP was picked up on (3) devices. Video camera, and two voice recorders. None near each other. 2:49, and 3:12, and 3:36 "Where are ..."

April 2016 (2nd SEP visit)

A review of some April footage(audio/video) yields some startling results. Some confirmed "Yeah", "Hey" and distinct "Yes"

4:08 "Hey"

7:28 "Yeah" , repeat at 7:48

8:52 "Yes" 9:23 Repeat "YES"

it should be mentioned that while Don was in the woods/creek area behind the House, April 2016 some 2am'ish in the morning.

Steve Mera was conducting an independent investigation in the hallway/landing area. Yielding his own starling results.

This would the only time the two men did separate experiments come April of this year.
One is forced to ask the question who's talking to Don in the creek? And what are the shadows in the hallway? That set off two independent motion detector cams+software.

A louder version of the "Hey"
https://macqdor.box.com/s/dg8cbgmyjn0751ntyks44ue12w0e0f8y

Yes(MP3) 00:08
https://macqdor.box.com/s/fnwywfjlf3dngwuor59cn1v2swibbkjs

I'll be happy to provide more context.

After 2am.

#1 no one is upstairs. Don is in the woods.
#2 I'm at the kitchen table monitoring. Steve comes down just after placing device on the landing. Nick Kyle is outside.

All bedroom doors are closed except the masterbedroom which is my motion device is located. The beeps u hear r coming from my device, through my laptop. I'm watching the room. The naked eye can see nothing.

Both motion cam and motion devices are not in eye site of each other.

No outside light is coming in. One snap shot image looks similar to a snap shot photo taken two yrs ago under a similar experiment when the office was attacked, the period of time when activity was highest for Tina and myself.

PS I'm watching the bedroom via my remote motion cam. My monitoring begins when the motion cams go off. Not before.

I realize that the communication style around this thread has been beaten to death, but as a pet peeve, it is much more effective if you don't tell people up front that they will be "blown away" or "astounded" or whatever. It's a challenge and sets up an immediate eye-rolling resistance, and makes your job much more difficult. Those of us who have had to prepare communications as part of their work have learned that a gentle "you might want to take particular notice at minute 6:10" or whatever would be much more effective, and by the way, if nothing happens for the first 6 minutes, be kind to the viewer and delete it. [I did not look at your video. I scanned for something interesting. Rolling my eyes.] And as someone just noted, if you want to spend time putting up titles, put up the conditions (no light, no one in room, whatever) instead of writing up the full name of the organization and the owner and the fact that the viewer will be astounded. Grab them with the data, leave the credits to the end. Save the raw footage for proof if someone really wants to see it. This can't be intended to be the backup footage or it wouldn't have all those titles up front.

Sorry, just had to.

I have the raw footage several hrs worth . Available upon request via PM. The two hr plus audio and video will be uploaded to a Web site soon. For now there available upon request.

pay special attention at 13:14 and then at 14:06

October 30th 2016. The trigger bear goes off and on. Prompting me to grab my cell phone and begin recording. What captured is redefines the notion of Paranormal Evidence.

What captured is redefines the notion of Paranormal Evidence.

why do you keep writing things like this? it's like wearing a Tshirt that says "laugh at me and then kick me" :(

"So you're wandering about with a cell phone, that emits microwave radiation across a range of frequencies and a EM sensor is triggered as you walk past it." That a interesting theory, huge assumption that doesn't take into account that the bear began going off before the cell was even used. The only reason I'm holding my cell phone is because for the last 10 minutes or so the bear has been going off, AND it was going off some 3am, 4am in the morning. See video below. Can one speculate about signals, microwave signals and etc. I suppose one can. I dont think it applies to this experiment though. Based on the video and verbal info Ive shared. But to rule it out I will test it tonight.

NOTE:

Everyone,

The bear is not a sensitivity activated device. The bear (as demonstrated in the video) is triggered by touch only. TOUCH ONLY. Close proximity does not set it off. I do a few touch demo's to show and prove that walking around the bear doesn't trigger it. The video below I even walk over and virtually lay on it and the bear doesn't go off.

2nd the bear did not cost $90. I'm not sure where that idea came from.

The original experiment is here. (identical and differed bears were used)

The touch button is on the belly of the bear(inside). Not the paw.
36:53 at the link above. Bear is direct touch activated. I even throw objects at it. The EMF i'm throwing at it goes off, but the bear does not, even after being hit. Then I tap the bear on the belly and it beeps. Its not a motion or sensitivity or proximity alert device. U have to literally, physically touch it. The video above was done over several days. The 1st video of this thread happened on Sunday.

Back