• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Denver International Airport (Weird Features; Conspiracy Claims)

A

Anonymous

Apocalypse Airport

Does anyone know anything about a recently built airport in the US, which apparantly has loads of really disturbing murals of people going to live underground.

I think it was in Fortean Times many moons ago but I can't be sure.

Not much to go on I know but I'm hopeful somone will know what the hell I'm on about.

I believe it serves Denver. Apparently the British royal family own lots of land around there as well.

Am I the only person who would be a tiny bit worried if I got off a plane and saw that stuff on the walls? Mind you they are beautifully executed.

Cujo

No, I would be too! The murals are so dark and I can't tell what's going on at all.....

Fascinating. My free surfing time is running out, so I'll come back for a more detailed look later!

They remind me a little of the work of Robert Linkowitcz (sp?), the artist who was based in Plymouth (UK) - is he still around? His work was technically excellent, although he seemed to find it almost impossible to depict people happy or smiling! Perhaps he's mellowed recently.

Talk about trying to make people feel uneasy ! I certainly wouldn't like to come face to face with those when stepping off a plane.

Me too, I'm bad enough when I have to travel. Last year while waiting at LAX, two young men checked in late, they were both Arab looking and sat quietly together opposite me, clutching their briefcases. I was CONVINCED they were hijackers! Fortunately they werent.

Those murals are offputting for any would-be travellers, although I suppose the white doves of peace fluttering around are meant to reassure people.

Carole

Denver International Airport

Anybody have any info on the somewhat odd design of Denver International Airport? Strange murals depicting the apocolypse etc...

Just wondering if there's been any previous threads/links or even mentions in the magazine about this subject.

I tried to look for some stuff on the net but only found one pretty vague site mentioning it.

Cheers
Tut:confused:

May I direct your attention to
[Emp eidt: Thanks for the link - its now merged]

I've been through Denver International a couple of times. Probably one of the better US airports. (I have a deep, deep, loathing of Chicago O'hare...) :)

Cheers for that.

All a bit strange though as the person that posted this question originally is my mate!
In fact, i can actually see his house from where i sit at the moment!!
He's never mentioned anything about DIA before!

Aahhhhh, what a fantastically strange world we live in!!!

:eek: :hmph:

More DIA weirdness:

Some tall tales take wing

Secret runways, alien abductions and other myths continue to fly

By Kevin Flynn Rocky Mountain News
February 26, 2005

Mount Olympus itself might not have spawned as many mighty myths as has Denver International Airport.

Some tall tales were well-meant but off-base, while others earned a solid rating of bizarre.

Many were spread on the Internet, others were simply circulated around town.

The most outrageous stories revolved around a conspiracy theme - the dreaded New World Order police state that was poised to take over at the drop of a black helicopter.

Here are the top 10 DIA myths. (And we're not making this up.)

Myth 1: Underground runways

What good, you might ask, is an underground runway at an airport?

A man claiming to be a DIA construction worker answered that question in a 1994 press conference.

He claimed to be part of a crew involved in building two 4-mile-long runways on the east side of the airfield that were buried under dirt.Why? Just ask your nearest jack-booted thug. Once the New World Order took over, the dirt would be scraped aside so fully laden C-130 cargo planes could land.

The cargo: political prisoners who would be housed in, what else, underground prisons.

This rumor still circulates on the Internet.

Myth 2: Spaceport for missing children

A variation on Myth 1 claimed that gray reptilian space aliens kept missing children in DIA's basements as slave laborers. Once the children were of no more use, the aliens would eat them.

As evidence, Myth 2 subscribers cited words actually embedded in the airport's floors - including the ominous sounding DZIT DIT GAII. They believe, for some reason, that the phrase means "master of death."

In truth, it is a Navajo term meaning "white mountain," a reference to the snowcapped peaks you can see out the windows when you're not looking for sinister messages on the floor.

Myth 3: Does the Luftwaffe land here?

Somewhat related to the first two myths is this one: From the air, DIA's runway and terminal layout resembles a swastika.

It's hard to argue with that one. DIA has offset perpendicular runways feeding into a centered terminal apron area to minimize conflicts between planes and other traffic.

For the record, DIA officials refer to it as a pinwheel design. But you can't really build a conspiracy around a pinwheel.

Myth 4: Disturbed spirits

One explanation for DIA's construction woes was that the airport was built on a sacred Indian burial ground. DIA officials even went so far as to sponsor a cleansing ceremony led by American Indians.

There was never any evidence, however, of a burial ground or Indian encampment on the high, dry and windblown site. Likely, it was old hunting ground.

Myth 5: The collapsing concourse

A former construction inspector, supported by DIA opponents, said in 1994 that reinforcing steel had been left out of some concrete walls on the east side of Concourse C and that a basement pillar was weak. He feared both would lead to collapse.

Upon inspection, though, his claims were shown to be wrong and the building still stands.

Myth 6: Rollercoaster runways

There are areas of expansive clay soil at DIA, and critics claimed the runways' concrete slabs would buckle, heave and tilt within a few years.

It hasn't happened.

Sure, there have been some surface cracks, but they aren't related to soil expansion. They were repaired by injecting epoxy into them, the common method for addressing the problem. Each year, DIA repairs concrete cracks.

Myth 7: Tight quarters

Opponents circulated a rumor that DIA's runways were being built too close together. This has a kernel of truth buried deeply within it.

DIA was to be the world's first airport to allow triple simultaneous landings in bad weather, and the runways were spaced to allow just that.

But the Federal Aviation Administration forgot one thing: Denver's mile-high air affects airplane speeds. Planes come in faster, which requires even more room between runways so they can maneuver in an emergency.

To compensate for the oversight, the FAA developed and installed special final-approach radar at DIA. On its opening day, in a storm, DIA hosted the first-ever three-at-once low-visibility landing.

Myth 8: You can't fool Mother Nature

DIA was widely touted as an "all-weather" airport. There is no such thing.

On Oct. 25, 1997, a blizzard left two feet of snow - and dozens of planes - on the ground. Technically, DIA maintains the airport never closed that day because it managed to keep one runway plowed.

But no airline pilot dared to take off in the storm and Peña Boulevard was closed to traffic. So having an open runway didn't make a difference.

The airport also closed during the record March 2003 blizzard.

There's simply some weather in which man isn't meant to fly, open runway or not.

Myth 9: Tornado Alley

Speaking of weather, critics claimed DIA was smack in the middle of Colorado's version of Tornado Alley.

This came as a surprise to meteorologists, including the ones who located the state's actual Tornado Alley - down near the Palmer Divide.

The only time a tornado shut down Denver's airport was in June 1987 - and it was the old Stapleton Airport. A twister danced along the north runway after tearing up trees in Park Hill.

Myth 10: DIA will go belly up

DIA was so expensive that it would go bankrupt within 18 months and require a federal bailout, critics predicted.

Today, all three major ratings agencies rate DIA bonds "A" and stable, and its 2004 net revenue will be around $65 million.

It has never come close to not paying its bills.

Source

Fitz said:
There is some stuff on it at this link, but I'm not sure how reliable it is:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

-Fitz

AC, the guy being interviewed, does seem like your typical conspiracy-theory nutjob, but the info itself is interesting, and the owner of the page keeps his sense of humor and paranoia in check

i don't really see what the big deal of the murals is, yes, the scenes of violence are horrid, but they're explained right here:
"The Children of the World Dream of Peace" is a powerful mural expressing the artist's desire to abolish violence in society. One part of the diptych exhibits the tragedy and devastation of war and its impact on humanity. The mural then moves to images of smiling children dressed in folk costumes from around the world celebrating peace prevailing over war. "In Peace and Harmony with Nature" addresses environmental issues of the world. One side of the mural shows children pouring out great sadness over the destruction and extinction of life - human, flora and fauna. Images within the mural include several local area children who were victims of violence. The other part depicts humanity coming together to rehabilitate and celebrate nature and its diversity."

ok, so maybe its a slightly odd way of presenting it, but there's nothing sinister about it, i think it was just the artist trying to get creative and people not getting it, the airport's already covered up alot of the murals due to people's complaints

as a general rule, if you're planning a conspiracy, its best not to paint giant murals depicting what you're trying to achieve

several of these sites mention the gargoyle in the baggage area, well, that gargoyle is really cool, he's sitting in an open suitcase, with a pair of skis behind him, munching on a necktie.... see.... its suposed to be funny, none of these websites seem to get it

one thing that's not mentioned in any of these articles, is that the terminal trains are themed to a gold-mine, western music plays when the doors close and the walls are decorated with gold mine imagery (pick axes stuck in the walls, old train tracks descending down with the escalators), as well as hundreds of little propellers that spin around when the trains rush past them, its a neat effect

Those murals do frighten me, I admit. There's just something repulsive about them.
And I believe they were changed/painted over for no apparent reason at one point in time.

CoffeeJedi said:
Fitz said:
There is some stuff on it at this link, but I'm not sure how reliable it is:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

-Fitz

several of these sites mention the gargoyle in the baggage area, well, that gargoyle is really cool, he's sitting in an open suitcase, with a pair of skis behind him, munching on a necktie.... see.... its suposed to be funny, none of these websites seem to get it

So that's what happens to lost luggage! The gargoyles eat it! :)

As for the Queen being part of the NWO, I can't see the Windsors taking over the world if they can't organise a wedding!

Nice. Reminds me of my secondary school. Picture a shy 11 year old being taken for the first look round "big school", and there's a massive mural of...a giant hand filled with giant, bleeding eyeballs, surrounded by shards of glass.

I like nice, fluffy pictures, me. Kittens and stuff.

Is this just an idealised depiction of US customs post 9-11?

Spook said:
I believe it serves Denver. Apparently the British royal family own lots of land around there as well.

I quite honestly never considered the idea of the Royal family formally owning land in the US - i just naturally assumed they didn't! Something about a tea party or somesuch... Is this definitely true?

The murals are Fascinating.

They remind me a little of the work of Robert Linkowitcz (sp?), the artist who was based in Plymouth (UK) - is he still around? His work was technically excellent, although he seemed to find it almost impossible to depict people happy or smiling! Perhaps he's mellowed recently.[/quote]

If you are talking about the guy with the big beard and long hair that paints homeless people, then he has passed away.

Big arguments going on about his art now. *Its funny i live in bloody Plymouth but i cant work out if this is the right guy*

Denver's New World Airport.

The Masonic-dedicated renovation and mural of this airport is alluded to by many in the conspiracy theory industry. The mural is cited as a visualization of what the "evil" New World Order has in store for the lumpen masses, but appears, when looked at as a whole, to be a quite benevolent, if Brothers Grimm-esque, "Give Peace a Chance" mural.
Much is made of the "Alien Nazi" stabbing the dove of peace at the beginning of what I think is a triptych - little abounds of the final mural where the children of the world have killed this monster of war. Slectivity has to be purged lest doyens of the conspiracy theory industry are themselves accused of muddying the waters.
Is it too long before someone - perhaps a mason - is attacked, even killed, by those who listen to conspiracy theorists' pontificate? There is much merit and food for thought in what Icke, Jones, Horowitz say, but they really must develop a heightened filter away from total Chicken-Little-ism.

Yeah, but it’s still shaped like a swastika…

Re: Denver's New World Airport.

Kellydandodi said:
There is much merit and food for thought in what Icke, Jones, Horowitz say[...]

What, that shape-shifting lizards run the planet...?

Gee Whizz. Just stumbled across word of these murals elsewhere. That is some terrifying stuff!

Combined with the layout and the apparent building of the airport for no good reason and Masonic symbology...

Either this is the worst 'secret' conspiracy ever or someone is having a major laugh at our expense.

Seriously though, how did that planning meeting go?

Exec 1: So, we just need to come up with a theme for the murals in our nice new airport...
Exec 2: I'm still keen on that whole destruction of mankind, death and killer soldiers vibe. Oh and the gargoyle in a suitcase, remember we saw that one and all liked it...?
Exec 3: Yep, that works for me too. Can we have some dead women in caskets and grieving mothers too?

:shock:

Kellydandodi hit the nail on the head with this one, these murals are perfectly benign, if a little explicit, but then if you've comissioned a giant statue of blue rearing mustang with glowing red eyes outside you main entrance subtlety probably isn't your thing. Either way here's the artist in context;

http://www.leotanguma.com/

(that's the muralist, not the guy who did the silly horse)

The best comment I've come across about the murals is this;

You’ll notice there is a little girl in the back right holding a Mayan tablet alluding to Dec. 21, 2012, the end of the world. But the Mayans also predict a ‘rebirth’ which is why some life, such as the penguin and bird, are being preserved.

So the great auk and the passenger pigeon will be fine? Well that's something anyway.

Denver airport uses the conspiracy theory for advertising. Cunning!

1602015458334.png

1602015498117.png

1602015521488.png

That's pretty damn funny.

Back